forum

Favorite Rhythm Game? (Besides Osu!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hopeofdespair
I never played stepmania but, seems like something I would like. So NOT stepmania. Beatmania is good
twistedclever
O2jam and Beatmania IIDX
Aasheda_
probably maimai murasaki
i've played other rhythm games but didnt had a passionate vibe like maimai murasaki did
_sparky_
Rhythm heaven and school idol festival
Ethan
Dance Dance Revolution, I used to be good at ReRave when I was like 11 but I suck at it now
babble4
Cytus and Deemo

and Parappa the rapper ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
not really
felipon2233
Guitar Hero :3
Pyro Wolf_old
Probably Rhythm Heaven but I'm actually trying to think of how many rhythm games I have played.

It seems I've not actually played all that many :o ; Rhythm Heaven and EBA and Space Invaders Extreme 1 + 2 for DS, Donkey Konga 1 + 2 and DDR:MM for GCN, Rhythm Heaven Fever and DJ Hero 1 + 2 for Wii.
Tyistiana
  1. Deemo
  2. Lanota
Jun Maeda
Beatmania sometimes
AngelSkies
Project Mirai DX and VOEZ
Jaye
Not sure how popular this opinion is but; the entire Bit.Trip series is great, and a work of art.
monochrobluesky
probably the parappa the rapper games, or space channel 5
ilikerandom
Most likely Cytus, then probably followed by Lanota, then STELLIGHTS.
These aren't your typical rhythm games, as Cytus has a bar going up and down the screen, Lanota has its notes moving all over the screen, and STELLIGHTS is kinda similar to Lanota, but it's only partical. I also like Dancing Line because instead of notes to tap, you have to tap to the rhythm of the music, and follow a path with a line.
I've tried many different rhythm games too, including Deemo, Project Muse, etc. I also like Pianista because of the classical music it has (similar playstyle to Deemo), but not a huge fan of waiting 30 minutes for recharge. Also been wanting to try OverRapid, but that hasn't been able to launch for me yet unfortunately, and I need to download Dynamix sometime too.
Xeno-_old_1
ofc audition online ( indonesian , thailand , korean , chinese servers ) :D
> wasting 8years and i have to stop it now lol
o2jam , IIDX , LR2 and SDVX . yeah ~
PancakeGD
g e o m e t r y d a s h
ZeroxPlaysOsu
Dance Dance Revolution and Sound Voltex
Those are the arcade versions though, the PC versions are respectively Stepmania and K-Shoot Mania
wytrych
voez
Rizumu Tenshi
I believe I have replied here before, so have an update.
  1. Arcaea
    I've been playing this since an early release when only the Eternal Core was the available paid pack, but good God the learning curve. And it gets super difficult at the higher end.
  2. BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! (don't misunderstand this; it's safe)
    The only mobage (microtransaction-heavy mobile game) that's rhythm where you get free play like Arcaea and Lanota and Cytus and, you count; no stamina limit. Only drawback is it's Japanese, but they say English version coming up Spring this year if not March.
Golterboose
Arcaea
Rukaru
THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Starlight Stage, and
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!
Keiger
sound voltex, Arcaea
bibitaru
Cytus, Kshootmania and Piano tiles 2 etc. :D
radicaI
rhythm heaven
Yandere-P
Show By Rock and the Project Diva series.♡♡
Ribba1998
My favorite is most definitely Dance Dance Revolution, there's nothing more fun going to the arcade to show off lol. Not to mention there's some great music and hitting the beats is super satisfying, especially when it gets going really fast.

On the subject of showing off in the arcades, I've been in Japan for about a month now and I've gotten to be pretty fond of MaiMai Milk (arcade game). Great game, great music, super satisfying, though I'm not super good at it yet, so I only go when no one is there to watch me practice. Very fun though, it should be a must-play for anyone else living in/visiting Japan.
kimmon1803
mine has to also be project diva
Eurocat
flash flash revolution
[TAS]
^ whats your name in-game

FFR!
Cote
Every rhythm games is fun
-Cappuchino-
Cytus and Thapster ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
R.I.P Thapster 2015-2017
Mtoser13
Geometry dash
OutBacck
Honestly there is a lot of rhythm games I like a big chunk of them are idol games though like Love Live or Bandori (I also play idol master but I'm absolutely terrible at it)
I also always have wanted to try DDR and Rhythm Heaven Fever but I've played the demo for Rhythm Heaven Fever because I'm too broke at the moment to buy the actual full version whoops
Oh also Project Diva and Voez
hownottorekt

Witch Mercy wrote:

Audition Online =w=

no. the AU community here is 100x times more cancerous than minecraft
Koyaiba
I have played a lot of them, included Arcade and phone games :)
Arcade

1. maimai (the latest MiLK I haven't played it yet)
  2. jubeat (not actual one but just a plagarize version)
  3. Sound Voltex (I can't recall what the version is since I just played once or twice)
  4. Groove Coaster (I think this should be the easiest arcade rhythm game at all)

Phone

1. Love Live School Idol Project (JP, Account lost)
  2. Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage (ID: 671264519)
  3. Idolmaster Million Live (ID: x)
  4. Arcaea (Kind of a mobile version of Chunithm)
  5. Cytus
  6. Cytus II
  7. Deemo
  8. VOEZ
  9. Tokimeki Idol (FIRETRUCK YOU KONAMI, ID: 733114394)
  10. Girlfriend Note
  11. Bang Dream! Girls Band Party (JP, ID: 74583933)
focaster
any Groove Coaster fans? =)
Shiina Yuuki
Stepmania and O2Jam
DXPOHIHIHI
Dynamix anyone?
The Brown Bean
Clone Hero most favorite rhythm game besides osu!
TBAdriel
Does Patapon count?
I also play Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX sometimes.
show more