forum

Not really convinced I'm improving..

posted
Total Posts
show more
CookChefSteak
why do people nowadays try to over-complicate everything instead of just playing this game. it's not even complicated you just click goddamn circles with a goddamn cursor that's not even hard to do just farking play for fark's sake and maybe if you spend half the time you spent ranting and analyzing "why do i suck so hard" on actually playing you would notice some improvement??? idk though just my 2 cents
i mean,
there's no way you can get better at a game if you like.. play it.. right?

ergh

anyways just play ok buddy

stay #based
TakuMii
I think you should push yourself harder, try your hardest, and just keep at it. There will be times where you won't be able to feel improvement, but that should only be a temporary state that you will be able to pass with enough practice. Generally, if you get stuck in improving on one aspect (streaming, using mods, aiming, etc), it's more enjoyable to simply work on another aspect for now and come back to it later.
Also, make sure your settings are set up for success: disable Aero, set your framerate limit to 240, make sure your tablet area is big and comfortable and your setup+posture is proper. That usually helps.
deletemyaccount
oh, but you are improving.

contrary to popular belief, play more and you wil see results.

make sure you practice correctly however, there are many threads here to tell you how (the sticky)
thelewa
let's consider improving

most of the best players have played for about 3 years

3 years is over 1000 days

Let's consider the amount of improvement they had after one day in a way that it will match the level of skill they have right now. They'd have to improve pretty fucking slow to not go over the level they're playing at right now. Improving is something that happens so slow you don't even notice it yourself. The biggest reason why some people claim that a break made them play better is that due to the time not spent playing their understanding of their own skill level has gotten distorted and when they start playing again and consequently compare their skill level to what they think it used to be, they go WOW I'VE IMPROVED SO FAST
thelewa
tl;dr everyone has good and bad days and improving is a really slow process

this deserved its own post and nobody can stop me
Soarezi

thelewa wrote:

Stop!

buny

thelewa wrote:

no, they all got better because they use tablets and red switches
CookChefSteak

buny wrote:

thelewa wrote:

qft
Ekaru

thelewa wrote:

Agreed. This applies to a lot of games. For example, if you want to minimize item rape in Mario Kart 7 then you need to be able to predict what people are going to do with their items. e.g. If you know the person ahead of you is going to drop their banana in a particular spot then you can just avoid it without having to react to it, which due to lag can be impossible.

However, while that skill's essential it takes a very long time to develop fully. It takes so long that most people don't even realize they are developing it. It's mostly a process of getting hit by X at Y position on the track in Z situation and subconsciously building up a catalog of how to deal with those things. AKA you gotta play a lot of races with other people and get hit by shit to learn how to avoid avoidable things.

Now take osu!, a game where you have to accurately position your cursor and then accurately hit a key hundreds of times in a short time. They key part of doing well is consistency, and consistency for hard things in any game can take a long time to develop. Gotta practice. At least there aren't blue shells
Rewben2
Pretty much what thelewa said, improvement is an extremely slow process, the only time you will notice improvement from short periods is really if you're a new player (you'll be much better a few weeks after you start, you can see the improvement then).

I'm often convinced I'm not getting any better but I just remind myself that if I play often I will improve over time.
deletemyaccount
Getting a mechanical keyboard does help though. I know its really subjective but for most people struggling a mech keyboard might just be what they need(because the current gear they use is somewhat limiting them).
Myke B
I have those days, too. A lot of people do. It's usually just a bad day, and if you just keep going - it'll all work out in the end for you. GL.
winber1
this is my 4th year and i still suck dik

rrtyui makes me sad
Ekaru
I'm so tired
[ Stellar ]

winber1 wrote:

this if my 4th year and i still suck dik

rrtyui makes me sad
*looks at rank*
ok
Rewben2

[ Stellar ] wrote:

winber1 wrote:

this if my 4th year and i still suck dik

rrtyui makes me sad
*looks at rank*
ok
its ok thelewa says he is bad as well
Noobsicle
everyone is bad at this game

keep playing :<
Myke B

Noobsicle wrote:

everyone is bad at this game

keep playing :<
so true. everyone but rrtyui
Pengua

TuckingFypo wrote:

This is pretty normal. It's called regression toward the mean
This explains so much in my life. +1 internetz
Sorun

buny wrote:

thelewa wrote:

I remember when blue switches made you better.
FlameseeK

winber1 wrote:

this is my 4th year and i still suck dik

rrtyui makes me sad
I'd love to suck at this game as Rank 252!! lawl
buny

Sorun wrote:

I remember when blue switches made you better.
no they didn't
but razer in general did.
BasedGod
I've been playing this game for 2,5 months and I already have like 9k plays. Just play more and you'll notice that you're improving.
Yano

BasedGod wrote:

I've been playing this game for 2,5 months and I already have like 9k plays. Just play more and you'll notice that you're improving.
Much Plays

Can't understand how people have time to play that much... i don't really have time in the week and when I player longer Sessions (longest 8H) the my arm is cramped like a piece of sh**

Most of the time I can't aim properly after 1 Hour of playing

Account for more than 1 Year and playing properly for 1 year now but only have 12k Plays xD
RaneFire

Ultrayano wrote:

Can't understand how people have time to play that much... i don't really have time in the week...
Well there's your answer... And it's also my answer.

My play count history is also no indication either because I don't play this game on a consistent basis and have taken a few months-long breaks.

It does cause a bit of trouble for improving though. I find I need to warm up to things like AR10, and streaming speed. These take some time and playing in short sessions doesn't really help. I think I'm kinda gonna stay where I am, unless I make a change in time investment.
Blueprint
Lucky for me on the weekend I'm forced to play osu or read this forum.
Topic Starter
Kevil_old_1
'Kay, read all your comments and I admit maybe I was just a bit frustrated that my skill level could go from bad to good over many days, but I will just keep practicing, and yes I do play this for fun, that's what games are generally for xD

The forums seem cool too, so maybe I'll be around here more often. <: