forum

slowly improving, but still can't fc songs.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hehe
i feel like i am slowly improving, some songs i has trouble with last week are surprisingly easy as well. however, i still can't FC songs since i'll always randomly break the combo and its really frustrating. i really want to track progress with pp, but without fcing songs its hard to get it up. should i continue playing harder maps to improve, or try to fc the easier maps?
Blueprint
If you want to just gain PP your solution is fine. I would be the same rank as you if I did that.

I believe songs just become easier to full combo when certain patterns become natural to you and you don't have to stop and think probably not the best way of describing what I mean but hey.

Just keep playing :)
Almost
FCing songs can also stem from how confident you are that you can FC something. If you spend a long time FCing easier stuff, then you'll feel more confident about FCing harder things as well.
Noobsicle
download a crapload of beatmap packs

play a whole variety of different insane songs, especially the ones you personally find fun. most of the insane maps will have similar patterns/jumps/streams and it'll grow onto you

also you should try improving your accuracy, time your hits correctly etc
chanhien
I do believe that you don't have consistent to FC those map,because as you said some maps were easier,that means you aren't getting used to your speed.Play more maps that have similar difficulty so you can gain more focus
about pp...
"track progress with pp" <- Best decision ever not.,You shouldn't rely on it alot.I used to retry a lot of hard map and able to do it but since I keep stoping before the song end (Frustrated about the combo miss) so sometimes I get minus pp.But I do belive someone are much better or worse than what pp really say. lol this is just me trying to lie,dun Bliv dis
CookChefSteak
Luckily for you, PPv2 doesn't care that much about FC anymore. As long as you finish songs with very high acc(like 98%) and not more than 2 mistakes, you're gonna get almost as much pp as a FC. I break combos a lot and I still get a ton of pp just from getting 99.xx% on a lot of maps. Getting pp in the new system is really easy if you actually deserve to rank higher.
Myke B
You can track your progress like you're doing now - beating songs you couldn't before. PP is meaningless unless you can actually gain a decent amount of it to get you to a good rank.