fullscreen y/n
mouse or tablet
mouse sensitivity setting
1920x1080
doesn't matter; happens on both. But Fullscreen
Mouse: Razer Naga
Tablet: CTL 470
Skipping is bad when the sensitivity is anywhere from about 0.5 to 2. But 0.6

It's so inconsistent, it was working for 5 minutes when i set it back to 0.6 then I restarted and it keeps skipping now

WINDOWS 7 HOME 64BIT
[Black Bunny]
screen res--1920x1080
fullscreen--no
tablet-- Wacom Intuos Manga
mouse sensitivity--0.5
Windows 7
my problem is that my cursor is jumping and cant controll it
Dyvern
Screen Resolution: 1440x900
Full Screen: No
Tablet: Turcom TS-6580B
Mouse Sensitivity: 1.2
Windows 8

Playing a song and if one note is even remotely near a corner, my cursor bugs out.
peppy
Edit your posts to include windows versions please.
playercz
1920x1080 native
Fullscreen yes
tablet - wacom bamboo
0,8x sensitivity
Windows 7

I hope this will be fixed overnight :/
velia
-
SalvenJS
Any ideas for a fix yet? I've done pretty much all I can think of doing on my side, I've uninstalled and re-installed my tablet / mouse drivers turned off any acceleration with my mouse and reset my tablet area. Only thing I could possibly think of doing is finding a way to un-update osu! but I'm to braindead and lazy to do that.
TheVileOne
This must only affect Windows 7 or higher because my mouse works perfectly fine on my XP. I play with 1.8 sensitivity though. A bit higher than the values you are reporting as using.

Edit: Just saw someone using XP having this issue. I don't know why it's not happening to me then.
peppy
It only affects sensitivities below 1.0x, and only in the case the user is running win8.1 or has something else interfering with their input polling.
playercz

peppy wrote:

It only affects sensitivities below 1.0x, and only in the case the user is running win8.1 or has something else interfering with their input polling.
so youre telling us to either play with sensitivity :1.0+ or to not play ?
and cant you jsut downgrade the last patch or something ?
SalvenJS

playercz wrote:

peppy wrote:

so youre telling us to either play with sensitivity :1.0+ or to not play ?
and cant you jsut downgrade the last patch or something ?
I agree 100%.
kyun_DELETED
It's been happening since the last update. Playing with a ctl480 tablet on 1024x768 windowed mode on Windows 7, 1.6 sensitivity.

I bet it's a conspiracy to force everybody to play with a mouse again. illuminati is watchin us from cuba
Topic Starter
Daniel

peppy wrote:

Win 7, I tested it on 1.1x and it still jumps but mainly on the corners of the screen only (REALLY bad at the corners for some reason)...
Anything below 1.0 jumps all over the screen no matter where the cursor is
peppy
Any better in 20140219.5?
kyun_DELETED

peppy wrote:

Works as it should for me now.
peppy
This breaks win8.1 again, but we'll have to live with that until a better solution is found.
TheVileOne
I should note that this particular hotfix for Windows 8.1 has been released as an official Windows Update. People should not be having problems if they have an updated system. (Referring to the hotfix)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2903939
Dyvern

peppy wrote:

This breaks win8.1 again, but we'll have to live with that until a better solution is found.
Everything is working fine now as a Windows 8 user, Thanks Man!
Kodehawa_old

TheVileOne wrote:

I should note that this particular hotfix for Windows 8.1 has been released as an official Windows Update. People should not be having problems if they have an updated system. (Referring to the hotfix)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2903939
I have Windows updated and I can't play osu! in .5.
TheVileOne
So the patch only works for 1.0 and not lower than that? Isn't the versions that are not 1.0 coded by the program?
Topic Starter
Daniel

peppy wrote:

A lot better on lower sensitivities, I play on 0.6x so it's pretty much back to normal, but now if you go higher than 1.0x it's really bad
You can see the cursor spazzing out after 1.0x and it keeps "shivering" or jumping like that until you lower the sensitivity again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4tTArcC04I
playercz
so after the latest patch I dont have any known problems on 0,8x.
Kodehawa_old

peppy wrote:

Can you add a "Windows 8.1 mode" option? That should fix everything for everyone :)
peppy

TheVileOne wrote:

So the patch only works for 1.0 and not lower than that? Isn't the versions that are not 1.0 coded by the program?
The hotfix does not solve the problem. It adds an option to solve the problem on a per-app basis, requiring further registry changes. Microsoft aren't going to fix this properly, which is why I'm working on a work-around.
BasedGod

TheVileOne wrote:

This must only affect Windows 7 or higher because my mouse works perfectly fine on my XP. I play with 1.8 sensitivity though. A bit higher than the values you are reporting as using.

Edit: Just saw someone using XP having this issue. I don't know why it's not happening to me then.
Will you switch to Win7/8 since Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP?
TheVileOne

BasedGod wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Will you switch to Win7/8 since Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP?
Eventually...

I'm not sure what exactly is meant by not supporting XP. I haven't updated my XP in over a year and have turned off Windows Update. I will continue to use XP as long as the harddrive I have it installed is still functional.

My parents have a laptop that run Windows 7 on it. It probably runs osu! just fine (haven't checked since you started changing things). I use high sensitivities for both systems, so this bug probably doesn't affect me in anyway. I will refuse to update to Windows 8. They will need to release Windows 9 before I consider upgrading past Windows 7.

Anyways I would like to help, but I can only use Windows 7 hardware for testing.

Perhaps other software developers have already developed a workaround for their programs and we can just use what they have made/ released. There's no need to code a solution from scratch if someone has generously provided one already.