Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

posted
Total Posts
show more
Miyazaki
NICE WORK! Thank you
Sandy Hoey
TLDR. git gud
Although I can say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and even got a good laugh out of it.
Flami
Everything stated here is so true. Kinda funny too.
Hydra48
Over the past 5 days, I've randomly ran into a problem, where I "let go" on around 50% of sliders, as if I'm not putting enough pressure on my keys or something, (It feels like my fingers are sliding off the keys sometimes) but no matter what I do I cannot fix it... Does anyone have any sort of idea for me?
Xyrus_old_1

MasterChris488 wrote:

Over the past 5 days, I've randomly ran into a problem, where I "let go" on around 50% of sliders, as if I'm not putting enough pressure on my keys or something, (It feels like my fingers are sliding off the keys sometimes) but no matter what I do I cannot fix it... Does anyone have any sort of idea for me?
If you're using a rubberdome, try switching keys regularly. They stiffen up with use, but will unstiffen if you leave them alone for a while.
Hydra48

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

MasterChris488 wrote:

If you're using a rubberdome, try switching keys regularly. They stiffen up with use, but will unstiffen if you leave them alone for a while.
it has nothing to do with that since, the problem persists whenever I change keys... It has something to do with the way I'm clicking, but no matter what I do I cant find a way to fix it
Xyrus_old_1

MasterChris488 wrote:

it has nothing to do with that since, the problem persists whenever I change keys... It has something to do with the way I'm clicking, but no matter what I do I cant find a way to fix it
Try changing your hands position then, otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
Hydra48

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

MasterChris488 wrote:

Try changing your hands position then, otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
Okay thank you!
[ S T A R ]
Any Tips on streaming?
Hacccchan
this helped, thx
semaphore

Gliscorus wrote:

My rank does not matter. My skill is proven through my gameplay, and not the rank I have achieved.
nice meme
Jinn
pretty sure there was already a thread about this from ages ago
Jesper
tl;dr
Rank does not matter
Your fun does.
Adorn
Extremely informative post. Thank you. ;)
Zerpent
A cookiezi cookie just for you.
Well done.
lifeshifter

NotCookie wrote:

will i become cookiezi if i read all of this text? im not sure its worth it
I cry for you, sir.
stalkyh
So how the hell can i get rid of shitmissing? What can be the cause of it? Don't just say play more, i already play like +5h of osu! everyday so that is not the reason for me not building that consistancy.. And no, i am not playing only boring TV sizes, i play big variety of maps from Hollow Wings, Camellia maps, to higher and lower bpm maps.. I also play unranked maps, and I also picked up playing AR8 while ago to further improve reading. I also challenge myself playing harder maps. But i just can't get that consistancy on 4.4-5 star maps that i SHOULD be able to fc or at least get good combo with little effort..

I can see the improvement on being able to pass harder maps all the time, but i don't see any improvement in ability in being able to get higher combo on the maps i could pass.

I think someone is gonna ask now if i change my settings often. No, i haven't changed tablet area, resolution, or anything in a long time, and only thing i'm sometimes changing is skin and cursor size.

Any help? :D
Xyrus_old_1
You will always shitmiss. Playing with your ideal settings and playing more can reduce this, but there will always be inevitable misses.
stalkyh
Yes, but you can build up that consistancy so there is less shitmisses. Especially on easier maps that maps that you should be able to FC.
Endaris
The better your average accuracy is, the less likely it is to miss. I often find myself missing after I misread a pattern because I got out of rhythm and because it tilts me when I get the impression that I am mashing.
Accuracy is the best indicator of how much control you got over what you are doing and aimconsistency is part of that control. There are also people who are very aimconsistent with not-so-great acc but a correlation certainly does exist.
stalkyh
I just realized that when i'm using more fingers than wrist i am more consistant. Also having hand below the tablet makes me more consistant, than when i'm having my hand on the tablet when playing (i have large area). Also i think i need to focus a bit more to notes than i am currently focusing, to further increase my consistancy. Also i think i will start playing small cs size to improve aiming as well as play more ar8 to improve reading.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5558440
I just choked a play, sliderbreak at last 20 notes because i was shaking so much.. Also bit of acc choke (had 99% at first)
Rdzu
Try to focus a lot when you feel the shitmiss coming. At least it works for me because when I shitmiss it's because I lose my focus as the map goes.
Aktsumi
You have to elaborate on BAD HABITS
"The best way to do something is to do it right the first time. If you learn to do it right the first timeeven if it is more difficult, it will be one less thing to worry about later on."

If it's a difficult map instead of mashing what could you do? you have to answer questions like that
Deva

Aktsumi wrote:

If it's a difficult map instead of mashing what could you do?
Not play a map that you have to mash.
Aktsumi

HK_ wrote:

Aktsumi wrote:

If it's a difficult map instead of mashing what could you do?
Not play a map that you have to mash.
many top players said to playing challenging maps though well that challenge is to single tap faster
Deva

Aktsumi wrote:

many top players said to playing challenging maps though well that challenge is to single tap faster
Playing challenging maps is very different from straight out mashing every note you see.
Zarkav
this game is really good for your mental health eh
Outline
I'm normally Fcing then I get bored and just stop paying attention ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll never be above 50k
Mashi
Well, the thing is that all of the above are not what I have problems with. I am surprisingly good at moving my mouse to the right spot. The only thing I do have a problem with is clicking. A.k.a. tripple clicks (or more). Especially in really fast maps, I can follow all of the notes with my mouse, but I just can't click it in time. Is there any way you could help me?
Luqanted

thelewa wrote:

I just read all of this and surprisingly everything is true
Bow marker
I just want to get better so i am good atleast in osu and i can be proud of myself
a k a r i-
am i gonna become the very best pokemon trainer if i follow these steps ?
deidarabochi

a k a r i- wrote:

am i gonna become the very best pokemon trainer if i follow these steps ?
maybe
Sandy Hoey

Mashihoe wrote:

Well, the thing is that all of the above are not what I have problems with. I am surprisingly good at moving my mouse to the right spot. The only thing I do have a problem with is clicking. A.k.a. tripple clicks (or more). Especially in really fast maps, I can follow all of the notes with my mouse, but I just can't click it in time. Is there any way you could help me?
You only have 9 minutes played. I don't know if you're kidding or not... play more
R-unknown

Luqanted wrote:

thelewa wrote:

I just read all of this and surprisingly everything is true
Bandison
how do i get better lel
athyriel
I can relate.
Francis
Anyone got tips on how to stop yourself from moving your mouse before clicking the circles? I always end up missing dumb and easy notes cause I move my mouse before I click the circle with my keyboard.
DarthSmith
Try to lower DPI on your mouse. Change skin.
Shiwahime
show more