forum

Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

posted
Total Posts
758
show more
Ziassan

Kheldragar wrote:

What do you play? What is your goal for the map? How often do you retry? How many hours a day do you play?
Hmm I tried all kind of maps (4~5 stars) to break this 30k limit, I still prefer jumpy maps with tricky patterns over fast-streamy maps, I like insane with low ar/bpm but these are almost non existant. The thing is their is always that one random miss never at the same point, where even watching the replay I often don't see how it was a miss. I end up with 5 stars at 98% with one miss in the middle and never FC the map~
Even my top rank score has a miss near the middle.

Also I avoid long maps since after 1min my hand get sweaty and the pencil end up in weird positions almost out of hand so I do mostly 1~2min maps or maps with a lot of breaks to pause.

The goal is often to FC (or almost) with 95%+
Usually retrying 2/3 times then moving to another map ('cause it get worst with more tries), but since I was never FCing any map worth PP like that I try to play the same map 40~ times in a row tho the result isn't really better. And 1h/day, more is not possible with full-time work and others stuffs.
I didn't loose all hopes but fast gain in rank followed by totally stuck state is hard for motivation ahah.
Mahogany
If you want slower, jumpy maps with patterns, that's basically my entire top plays list. Try some of the maps I have. (Some of them are rather long though)
ZenithPhantasm
Buy tablet to become sanic speed player.
Mahogany
False, I'm probably the slowest person on this board and probably the strongest tablet advocate only behind maybe Khel
Yuudachi-kun
Tablet stronk

....too stronk.
Ziassan

Mahoganytooth wrote:

False, I'm probably the slowest person on this board and probably the strongest tablet advocate only behind maybe Khel
That and the only 2 guys who went in the top 50 of Time Freez nomod (a map made for speed people, really) were mouse players (Angelsim & Doomsday).
E m i

Ziassan wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

False, I'm probably the slowest person on this board and probably the strongest tablet advocate only behind maybe Khel
That and the only 2 guys who went in the top 50 of Time Freez nomod (a map made for speed people, really) were mouse players (Angelsim & Doomsday).
what could they be, aim players? :^)
felicitousname

Kheldragar wrote:

Tablet stronk

....too stronk.
Tablet might be strong for aim, but doesn't do shit for my acc and speed. If your strongest attribute was 100, I would be like this:

Reading: 20
Speed: 10
Acc: 7
Aim 100

Because my other attributes are so shitty, I have an extremely hard time improving lol. Haven't gotten better in my last 3k plays =/

I'd say I'm really bad at aim/tapping synchronization. I tap early way too often, and as a consequence have a lot of random breaks when patterns get more complex.
Yuudachi-kun
So your aim is as good as mine? Give me some of that.
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

So your aim is as good as mine? Give me some of that.
No, gimme.
felicitousname
Oops that was a typo, I meant my.
NoMainer
I read the part about changing styles and I'm wondering if I should do something about my tablet area, cause when I'm using it my hand usually in positioned on the edge and reaching the far side (notes at the top of the screen) sometimes is hard without loosening my grip on the pen and then regaining the grip is impossible without screwing up the current game. problem is I don't know how to change the effective area cause I've got a Osu!Tablet and since it doesnt have any software or anything where I can edit stuff like that I don't know how.... :?
Foxi
Thanks to this thread I fought a bear... and won.
But seriously, thanks.
Insyni
I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
repr1se

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
FCing takes skill. Getting SS is luck. Skill will get you to a 98% or 99% FC.

With that said, my aim sucks. I still manage to miss on 4.0 star maps. Kek
Insyni

Repr1se wrote:

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
FCing takes skill. Getting SS is luck. Skill will get you to a 98% or 99% FC.

With that said, my aim sucks. I still manage to miss on 4.0 star maps. Kek
I mean the aim is luck it seems. Always seems there is one random miss or one random slider break that ruins the FC even though you've gotten 99% on the song 15 times already. Then after you finally FC it you can't FC it again.
repr1se

Insyni wrote:

I mean the aim is luck it seems. Always seems there is one random miss or one random slider break that ruins the FC even though you've gotten 99% on the song 15 times already. Then after you finally FC it you can't FC it again.
The infamous 1xmiss. The notorious sliderbreak. I can relate completely.

Thelewa posted it somewhere, and I can't find the thread, but he wrote that the misses are because of a lack of focus. In hindsight, almost all of my 1xmiss/sliderbreaks were because I started spacing out, or thinking about something else.
Insyni

Repr1se wrote:

The infamous 1xmiss. The notorious sliderbreak. I can relate completely.

Thelewa posted it somewhere, and I can't find the thread, but he wrote that the misses are because of a lack of focus. In hindsight, almost all of my 1xmiss/sliderbreaks were because I started spacing out, or thinking about something else.
That explains it... slower songs are so boring sometimes even if they are considered "at skill level".
Mahogany

Repr1se wrote:

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
Getting SS is luck.
I disagree
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Repr1se wrote:

Getting SS is luck.
I disagree
Right. Getting SS might feel like luck because of the extreme amount of focus it takes, especially on more difficult maps. The second you lose focus or space out and pray for Obama to finish the map for you is the second you start getting 100s or misses.

Getting FC might also feel like luck for similar reasons. When you get a "shitmiss", watch your replay in slow-motion. You'll see what's making you miss (I find I usually reach the circle but don't click).
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply