Total Posts
show more
Nyxa
I snap to spaced streams

I singletap them too
FreshMint
did op get banned? o.O
leokiko
Guys, any tips to improve on mouse-only? I feel like I've hit a wall that I can't overcome no matter what.
HatarukeKizaru

leokiko wrote:

Guys, any tips to improve on mouse-only? I feel like I've hit a wall that I can't overcome no matter what.
You practice.
And you practice more.
Same goes for tablet.
Same goes for whatever play style you use.

There, as this and about 100 other guides say, there is no insta-better trick in osu!

The wall you feel is natural and happens to us all. This guide does give some good advice on how to improve, so I suggest you read it all, which I did. And I should also throw in some of my own advice too on how I (think) I improve and how I get past this "wall"...

I have a group of about 5 maps that I can get a C or a B in if I'm lucky. Almost every day I play all 5 of them hoping to improve my score. If I don't 1-up my score, no biggy. Once I manage to get at least an A on that beatmap I remove it from the group and find another to take it's place.
When I play from the ever-changing group of songs that are a little faster than my average rate, I don't worry about accuracy or combos. I just worry about passing.

On days I don't play from my group of "slightly faster than me" beatmaps over there, I play songs that I can S or SS easily too. In fact, I sort all of my beatmaps by difficulty and skim through the 1 or 2 star section, and I check for any beatmaps I have that don't have SS, and try to SS them. This is when I worry about accuracy, combos, etc..

I tend to stay away from multiplayer, let alone worrying about other people's scores. To me, online mode is a constant reminder that there are people who are better than you (and they will happily wreck you, your score, and your confidence), and there always will be. When I actually do play on online mode, though, I NEVER play a beatmap I already own. Instead, I use this as a chance to get new beatmaps, and to see my relative skill. If I actually get a good score/place on that beatmap that I've never seen or heard of before, then clearly I'm doing good. If I did notably worse than I expected I would, then I need to practice some more. And there's always the chance that the beatmap you just played could join the "slightly faster than me" group I mentioned earlier.

Of course, not everyone does this, and you should do whatever is best for you. If this works for you, then use it.
Yuudachi-kun
Trying to FC songs and giving up after one miss is the worst; at least sometimes if I miss in the first ten notes, I'll not miss for the rest of the song - plus, if I give up 80% of the time in the beginning of a song, then that just means I won't have any practice for the later parts.
SomeLoli
I can't fc insanes, I feel like I should easily...but alas it isn't to be :)
Yuudachi-kun

SomeLoli wrote:

It takes sweat, blood, luck, and a lot of angry shouting. Then I find out that I'm one combo under true FC.
SomeLoli

Kheldragar wrote:

SomeLoli wrote:

It takes sweat, blood, luck, and a lot of angry shouting. Then I find out that I'm one combo under true FC.
I probably would if I spammed a little more, but i'd rather miss, lose fc and go for perfect hits then get 100s haha.
Yuudachi-kun
I see too many 100's to be bothered by them anymore.
Nuppette
Thanks for the advice! :lol:
Yuudachi-kun

Nuppette wrote:

Performance: 4.15pp (#1,004,224) #150,844

Amazing.
HatarukeKizaru

Kheldragar wrote:

Nuppette wrote:

Performance: 4.15pp (#1,004,224) #150,844

Amazing.
She'll get there.

(I think.)
SleepyMind
thats a great thread!

it is just about the training and the will you have :)
ikzune
how to pp farm effectively 1 misses are frustrating ._. and i have more fun playing 4/5 star songs with nf and getting better at them then playing songs i can pass atm
Hakj3r

laishiou wrote:

how to pp farm effectively 1 misses are frustrating ._. and i have more fun playing 4/5 star songs with nf and getting better at them then playing songs i can pass atm
One way may be playin' with nf till you pass that map, then trying passing it without nf. Other is playing easlier maps without nf from the start. No other way than just playin' harder and harder :-P
Rikuz

laishiou wrote:

Same here! I also think that playing harder maps with nf is fun. Even though it messes up my accuracy :D
TheCloudySky
I'm guilty of having a bad habit of pressing: caps lock, \, shift, control, alt, escape, `, etc. every few seconds, but I've had this problem for years before Osu! I just can't stop, I just have to press one of those keys every so often or I'll go crazy! :cry:
Silvertejp

ScarletStory wrote:

Hi everyone, first let me give you some background on myself, I like long walks on the beach, I enjoy watching the sunset... yeah enough with the BS about me.

I think I love you. :)
Denko
ikzune
so um i did a lot of testing when i was relaxed/tired slightly with my new skin cause im now at the point where im not forcing myself to play

ar8=ez
ar9=few stupid mistakes but for the most part i can read it easily
ar10=im comboing jumps on hdhr jump training that song im blue, i can read it and i have tested with other songs but im not as consistent as i would like to be

cs4=ez
cs5.2=sometimes i can aim fine sometimes i struggle a bit

jumps=most ive kept up with is my life is a party in jump training

streams=somewhere from 150-160 while i was kind of tired and was just playing relaxed can probably do more

od=not a problem really

so now for the questions
firstly what do you think i need to work on with plans to become a hd player, hr for slow ar
is ar training further something thats important/good/bad because ik people struggle to read lower ars after is it bad if i do this?
how do i learn to read the speed to tap on random streams in songs, i havent had much experience with stream songs in general
best way to improve precision so i can consistently play at least cs 5.2 since most songs i see are cs4 and with hr if needed 5.2
any good songs? i can hv fun around 3-just 5 stars but that more so depends on the map like being able to trail behind in fallen angel from galvenize, i hit a lot of it, i keep up with the jumps even but i also have a lot of misses and need lots more practise

the simple answer would be to practise however i just want suggestions as to what the best area to work on would be ignore my rank >.> i always derp in ranked songs and cant be bothered clearing some songs with 1 or more stupid mistakes
koyomiya
not good in english, please forgive me if make you misunderstanding.
good thread. it help me find out myself why i cant improve. im not 100% means that you all can find out the reason when reading all the box. but if you wonder that why you cant improve at osu, read it, i think it almost have answer on there, and so im find my answer. game is nothing for proud to another people or showing up that you are good!, not just in osu!, and so another game. Is a way to fun, communicate with other players. and enjoy the world of the game. Suffered by song?? why not try enjoying the song? the important thing is, dont force yourself too much to improve your skill and doing THAT you cant do with enjoying playing. the thing that i write is not 100% true, just take as sample(???sorry. JP(参考「さんこう」)).hope my friends getting well.

PS: i know have many grammar or vocab problem....please...ignore it...is embarassing.... :cry:
UsaraDark
osu! is a very challenging game both mentally and physically, and I think people forget that a lot.

I, too, have looked up ways of getting better and I realized that what I've read, I already know, because over about 4 months of playing, I already learned all of those tips, those hints, without the need of someone else telling me what to do. Being able to quickly adapt to mechanics of a game (especially this one) can be extremely hard if you don't have any experience with at least a few of the mechanics. I have a strong background if rhythm games, so adapting to osu! was relatively easy. If I were to play a game of Dota 2 right now, I'll tell you I suck balls, even if I have Gold Status on League, simply because the mechanics are different. Sure, I understand what cs and such is, but there's so many things changed, I just have to adapt.

If you're looking through the web, trying to figure out how to get better, I think you're better off by keep on playing the game, play the songs you like, play the songs that are catchy, and make it a challenge for yourself, keep it interesting. Even if you take a really long break, if you come back, you'll do fairly well and maybe even better with time.

Think if it like a RPG, you need experience to fight the bigger bosses, right? You don't need good equipment either since with +9001 stats to everything is enough to do the job. 8-)

Have fun!

Oh, and having a really nice, SIMPLE, skin would help a lot. A skin that doesn't take your eyes away from the oncoming notes but still looks nice and doesn't block the background.
Dingus
Starting to play osu! because it looked cool, it has almost been a year by now. As mentioned in the OP, you can't just get better immediately, but I learned that skins, settings, and assessment of your play can change your gameplay dramatically. Starting with a mouse before I got a tablet, although its definitely a step down in skill since I got a tablet, it is certainly not impossible to have the same results (playing with a mouse or tablet doesn't matter, there is technically no better equipment).

I hit a peak/wall of skill about a month ago and after trying to understand what I was doing wrong, I never noticed that my ranks and accuracy are around the 70-85% point even though I've been experienced in playing Insane or harder songs, I haven't gotten many A's. After putting more emphasis on trying to get 300's and improving accuracy it obviously came together with maintaining combos, and eventually I was able to FC a couple insane songs and get A's on the rest of them. That was how I got past my wall. If I were to add on with some snapping advice since it kinda ties alongside accuracy, I would say play a couple Insane songs with HD on (assuming you can do Insane). A good song to practice snapping on would be REANIMATE (praise the mapper! It is genius, must be ranked now! :) )

Although I think that equipment won't change much of your skill, after switching to a pen tablet, it definitely improved my play. Perhaps I was just getting tired of the movements on the mouse? That and my mouse keeps disconnecting every now and then. '

What I want to find out now, is how can I fix not being able to stream in a stable manner (Not sure how else I would put it), and spinners. Although it doesn't seem to be a problem for most people, and especially since spinning with a pen would be more pleasing in hand movements to me, I cannot for the life of me get past 280-300 spin speed, and the speed of my spins changes so drastically that I actually end up missing spins on a lot of songs, or getting 100's or 50's which kinda bothers me :o .
gavin898
nice post with good tips
To conclude, just play the song that you like and try harder difficulty that will challenge you.
Dont spam that difficulty if you really cant play it at the moment. Play it the next day and it might become easier.
SHYTMISS
Then i will ask you better and most difficult question. How do i exactly not control my hand manualy . Right i made few threads but i still play unsatisfied because my Accuracy can't be improved. Even if by % acc i can compete with players better than me every time i play song i don't feel SURE that i will hit next note and mostly i miss them. I can improve this feeling by taking manual control of hand.
"You can't read maps" - i surely can't ,but if i play same maps with just auto pilot i can manage to hit with 99+ acc ,but when it comes to play on tablet i just miss damn notes. I play everyday with 100 plays as minimum but when it comes to precision "Sniping" i don't see any improvement for almost one year.
I don't have constant feeling of hitting notes. One note i swing my hand too much another i don't even manage to snipe the center. <- this happens when i try just to play with relaxed hand. When i play with manual. My muscles are "clamped".
"focus on notes" - yeah i focus on notes but constant miss makes me pissed off (don't think bout hand control)
Simply i move my and consciously there is no way i can relax hand and play based on "muscle memory"
unstable rate mostly sit 120-150 range
havoc7777
Pretty good post, it's just a little bunched up together and it makes it look messy. :D
Accelar
This gaimu is hard.Scrub tier forever lol
shortpotato

GinKitsune wrote:

sakurahime-

GinKitsune wrote:

sakurahime-
 game is hard D:
ZenithPhantasm

-SnowShadow- wrote:

What about AR10.33? How can I improve myself in reading high approach rate? And not just "play more". I want to read any AR regardless of the situation. For example, play AR10.33 without any problems after long playing of AR8
Play AR11 and AR10.3 will look slow and ezpz
Yuudachi-kun

-SnowShadow- wrote:

What about AR10.33? How can I improve myself in reading high approach rate? And not just "play more". I want to read any AR regardless of the situation. For example, play AR10.33 without any problems after long playing of AR8
You have to literally play everything a lot. Don't AR 10.33 for a month straight then go back to AR9 and find you can't read it. Play everything all the time.
Rauf543
Y the op get ban'd? I feel sad-u now
ZenithPhantasm

Rauf543 wrote:

Y the op get ban'd? I feel sad-u now
Stay on topic pls
pandaBee

-SnowShadow- wrote:

The editor is your friend. Change the ars of your favorite maps/practice maps to something just slightly above what you're comfortable with, get used to that and then hitch it up again. Keep doing this and one day you will do the ar 10.33 8-]
keru
OD 10 + AR 10 = Better aim
E m i

Keru_kun wrote:

no
MrLights
thank you :)
keru

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Keru_kun wrote: