thelewa wrote:

I just read all of this and surprisingly everything is true
All?
Omgosh, THAT is impressive
lol

Im too basic, for me is just play, and then play more D:
buny

- Ethan - wrote:

I was one of those people who thought a tablet would make me "INSTA-BETTER" so I bought one.

It did turn out well in the long run, I am not top 100 or anything but I have gone up about 40000k in ranks, but I now realize it wasn't just because of the tablet lol.
i wish i went up 40000k ranks when i bought my tablet
MarioBound
Just be yourself- Gay phrase 2014.
Good post!
DeathRockstar
Surprisingly this is all true.... Thanks for this...
Kyonko
Most important tip: Play more.
poltyrgeist
Good post, Bookmarked for future refrence.
AzureRin
I find the best way to get better is just to try things that you can "barely" do....keep on going at them at eventually you realize you can do them, and some songs that you have trouble before will suddenly seem easy since some hard songs will force you out of bad habits (or else you cant pass). (Obviously dont keep going at songs that insta-kills you....that's barely gonna help.)
Kahoria
What about this issue :
I have easier time reading Scarlet Rose with HD HR than without mods but HR AR is hell to fast for me to play <.<
Also yes i hate AR10 but it was just an example
My biggest problem would be about my hands, since i'm like a giant, i have cold hands almost all the time, and honestly i have to play for about 5hours straight if i want to warmup correctly. I can't play any insanes + unless i do this '-' but after i turn into a superbeastwhocanFCanythingon1sttry (well you got my point D: )

I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ! Hi guys ! :D

Here's my question !
HOW CAN I FIX ALL THOSE FARKING SH*T MISS IM DOING ALMOST EVERYMAPS WITH MORE THAN 1K COMBO ?
I mean i'm playing something perfectly (nojoke) like Dream walker or Last remote - type gamma or even (the most deppressive one) Abstract Nonsense and after like 90xx to 1k combo, i miss.
Whatever it will be, sometimes it's square, sometimes triplet, or sometimes just a random note here that i saw 54sec ago and i knew it would be there, and i still miss it.
I've failed so much FC cause of random miss, sometimes i fail earlier like at 500combo and then i pass the entire song afte, end up with 98% accuracy and only 1 miss.
Brb hanging myself while watching Bro'okiezi Tribute :cry:
AzureRin

Kahoria wrote:

What about this issue :
I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ! Hi guys ! :D

Here's my question !
HOW CAN I FIX ALL THOSE FARKING SH*T MISS IM DOING ALMOST EVERYMAPS WITH MORE THAN 1K COMBO ?
..ribute :cry:
Hello -w-

LOL This reminds me of the time that I was about to FC Lost one no Goukouku.....and then I said to myself.."It will be sad if I fail.."....then I completely missed a stream and failed, and didnt get anywhere near the same combo until maybe 6 months later ._./
nooblet

Kahoria wrote:

What about this issue :
I have easier time reading Scarlet Rose with HD HR than without mods but HR AR is hell to fast for me to play <.<
Also yes i hate AR10 but it was just an example
Solution: Stop thinking that what people who have way more experience than you say applies to you as well. HR doesn't make things easier, it only sometimes makes complicated maps easier to read due to AR10, ONLY for those who can readplay it. If you're referring to "reading" the same way as someone in the thread "AR things (question)" does, that "reading" is just realizing "There's a note there but I can't really do anything about it", I suggest you re-define your version of "reading".

If you wanna improve FCing skills, play some easier insanes that you can FC in a few retries with HIGH accuracy. It will improve your consistency while playing, which is probably what's preventing you from FCing. I did this for a month or so, going over old S records with 99% (SS seems to hate me). Although it might not give PP, it makes a huge difference in accuracy.
I did a couple of these things.. but I found the slide thing out quick enough. 3rd day of playing osu! I got a 450+ combo, S rank, 1,400,000+ points on a map (difficulty Normal) which I find pretty good. I am just gonna stick to using mouse and 'Z' button only. Alternating? fuck that! Its just like the tablet will make you insta better...
iderekmc

ScarletStory wrote:

Hi everyone, I've been playing osu! daily for almost a year (8 months)
how did u play foralmost a year if ur account is 3 months old?
kuur0
awesome tips n post bookmarked
Yano

iderekmc wrote:

ScarletStory wrote:

A lot of osu! Players began playing offline without account
Coffee Hero
A lot of osu! Players began playing offline without account.

That's a huge overstatement, if anything they just created a new account and their excuse for being better than one would expect would be that they played offline.
Yano

TSC wrote:

A lot of osu! Players began playing offline without account.

That's a huge overstatement, if anything they just created a new account and their excuse for being better than one would expect would be that they played offline.
In our world it give Players with talents for osu!

But it give also a lot of Offline Player or Multiaccounter ...

----

Topic Starter
ScarletStory

iderekmc wrote:

ScarletStory wrote:

Ahh this question. I was waiting for it to come up eventually! The account that I started on (which I do not use period) had an "offensive" (if that's even the right word don't ask me I'm not easily offended) name and due to the fact that I had already used a supporter tag to change my name *facedesk* I did indeed have to make a new account. However, please let me stress that I don't in any way try to "trick" anyone into thinking something like "OH MY GOD 4 MONTHS AND YOU GOT AN S ON (insert difficult map here)!?!?" No, that's not me in the slightest. In fact, I said myself that playing solely to impress people was a bad reason to play and I'm no hypocrite. The account is due solely to the fact that my old account name came off as offensive to some people, and therefore, I thought it would probably be in the best interest of others and myself to just drop the account while it was still new and to make another as a means to change my name.

If someone would like to call me a multi-accounting jerk son of a b$#@*!!! I suppose they could because it's true if you take it word for word i had two accounts but after reading this over I feel i should add that i did not use them simultaneously it was a transition from one to the other within a day, however, I do not use the other account, period. I don't lie to people about how long I've played, and I wouldn't have done this if I didn't have a good reason (and the reason is a bit personal) and if i could have resolved it in some other fashion I would have.

Yes I do have another account, and no, I do not use it. I did not even want to make a new account and if it were possible I would have deleted the other account I don't use long long loooong ago. On that note, I'm not trying to sway people into thinking that multi-accounting is just fine and dandy, because it's really not. I have no doubt in my mind that, if someone who has no respect for other players or their hard work, were to do something like this, with many many accounts, a lot of people would get REALLY unfairly screwed over. They could have their ranks stolen, and have all their hard work crapped on by one person with many accounts (which i would guess is the reason why multi-accounting is not allowed). People could also be lead to believe that they aren't good enough because someone else who has been playing less time(although in actuality hasn't) got much better than them, and to some people, this can be pretty demoralizing if you've been playing for a year and someone who has been playing for "1 month" is better than you (although i do believe that most people would assume they were multi-accounting and write it off). I'm merely answering this question. As to whether or not it's excusable or inexcusable in my case or any case is up to others. I answered this question in such length because if I had just said "Yeah I have another account" the question of "Why?" would come up and then I'd have to write it out anyway. Not that i particularly mind, I just don't want people to get the wrong idea. If I really wanted to hide it I easily could have, however, I feel like lying over something so trivial would not only make me a jerk it would also destroy any credibility i had, therefore, rendering these whole thread more useless than it may already be. I mean, only a fool would take advice from a liar, unless it was advice about lying then i guess it would be okay but i could go in circles about that all day ANYWAY this is my answer take it or leave it.
Ursinho_old
Right, you did a great job and I'm so happy, smile, money is in the bank;
Osu is a game when you NEED to click in the balls, I mean X X X X
Vermillion
Awesome. One more thing, play songs from your favourite singer/anime/idol. Helps enjoy osu! more!
-Ina-_old
The Great Wall of Text !!

Anyways very good thread.
zork787
So I was wondering, I usually play with my framerate set to unlimited which causes me to get between 500 and 1k DPS depending on the beatmap and have been for the past few years now but was wondering if playing with FPS that high be impacting my skill level at all or causing my inputs to be read too early? cos in all honesty, in the 5 or so years Ive been playing Osu on and off, while I do notice my skill level slowing increasing every now and again, I just feel that I'm never gonna be able to do maps like Scarlet Rose or any other such beatmap (I can't think of any others off the top of my head lol) and it's kinda demoralising and I don't really know what to do :/
piruchan

-Ina- wrote:

The Great Wall of Text !!

Anyways very good thread.
Shouldn't it be The Great Wall of Advice?
Shigoto
So true..^^
NeVMiku

Pettanko wrote:

Damn some of these things hit really close to home.

If I could suggest you add one more reason, it would be something along the lines of "blaming your equipment(or lack thereof)"
Could you condone that for me?

It's Guinness World Records Book Hard Cover you know?
Topic Starter
ScarletStory

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

Damn some of these things hit really close to home.

If I could suggest you add one more reason, it would be something along the lines of "blaming your equipment(or lack thereof)"
Could you condone that for me?

It's Guinness World Records Book Hard Cover you know?
I can definitely understand that. Due to lack of a desk, I had to play osu! for a month in much the same setup except for it was in my bed. Not a very fun experience at all. You are condoned sir.
NeVMiku

ScarletStory wrote:

I can definitely understand that. Due to lack of a desk, I had to play osu! for a month in much the same setup except for it was in my bed. Not a very fun experience at all. You are condoned sir.

Thank you~! Finally, someone that understands ;w;

I have to play like this for nearly a year, and I started a year and a half ago.
I have a desk to play on now, but it's not mine so sometimes I have to revert back T^T
dinopwn
I try to play a variety of maps but I just can't find songs that I like :/ what to do
Purple

dinopwn wrote:

I try to play a variety of maps but I just can't find songs that I like :/ what to do
You play songs you don't like, like many of us
Mayoi Hachikuji
Quite honestly.. After reading this i really just want to quit the game.

My bad habits are the reason i still play. I might aswell face it.

*I will never be able to keep a constant stream speed when streaming.
*I will never be able to play HR because of EXTREMELY bad acc.
*I will never be able to properly read nomod.
*I will never find a grip that suits me since i always manage to turn my tablet erasing pretty much all existing musclememory.
*I will never be able to attain my #1 in Denmark.

Story of my Osu! life atm. Atleast i can entertain people through streaming by playing fast stuff. Though no Fc'es or good acc's.

Someone coach me T_T
Piine

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

*I will never find a grip that suits me since i always manage to turn my tablet erasing pretty much all existing musclememory.

Story of my Osu! life atm. Atleast i can entertain people through streaming by playing fast stuff. Though no Fc'es or good acc's.

Someone coach me T_T
Switch to another mode or practice nonstop. What your choice. Currently practicing with Taiko and hopefully trying to get to level 50 on there since I am 50+ on each mode. THAT WAS DEDICATION TO GET BETTER, not complaining in this thread
Mayoi Hachikuji

Sulker wrote:

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Someone coach me T_T
Switch to another mode or practice nonstop. What your choice. Currently practicing with Taiko and hopefully trying to get to level 50 on there since I am 50+ on each mode. THAT WAS DEDICATION TO GET BETTER, not complaining in this thread

Practice non-stop is really the worst thing i can do atm. I and about everyone else knows this. I don't find the other modes boring and wouldn't bother trying them. :s
Piine
Oh well good luck then. Sulking around isn't going to do you good either. Oh the irony
Phonesavanh
Why do i feel like I am getting called out for all of my mistakes
Kurosawa Dia
I feel like I'm improving and I'm not at the same time. I can read patterns better, and some songs i thought were difficult and fast before seem slow-medium now. overall i hit difficult sections better, but still not consistently. The problem is I always, always have a stupid miss or 2 which ruins my FC (on hard usually) or i have a miss or 2 on insane and the high hp drain kills me. (then i get pissed off and curse internally about how you shouldn't be able to fail a song in a rhthym game while comboing it and stop playing for at least a few hours). Also, sometimes i feel like i play my best my first time playing a song, or even my first time playing a song in a session. consecutive tries of a song seem to have stupid misses much more frequently :( .

TL;DR - everything is improving but my consistency and I don't know how to practice/improve that. combo oriented game + no consistency = no high scores (at least not without hundreds of retries or more)
Topic Starter
ScarletStory

DLH112 wrote:

I feel like I'm improving and I'm not at the same time. I can read patterns better, and some songs i thought were difficult and fast before seem slow-medium now. overall i hit difficult sections better, but still not consistently. The problem is I always, always have a stupid miss or 2 which ruins my FC (on hard usually) or i have a miss or 2 on insane and the high hp drain kills me. (then i get pissed off and curse internally about how you shouldn't be able to fail a song in a rhthym game while comboing it and stop playing for at least a few hours). Also, sometimes i feel like i play my best my first time playing a song, or even my first time playing a song in a session. consecutive tries of a song seem to have stupid misses much more frequently :( .

TL;DR - everything is improving but my consistency and I don't know how to practice/improve that. combo oriented game + no consistency = no high scores (at least not without hundreds of retries or more)
Well, since the post was too long...(I wanted to add that was sarcasm because I assumed you were talking about your own post) I'll keep this short. Practice(by just playing maps) = increased consistency overall; due to repetition building up muscle memory + general increase in experience. There you go that's probably the best answer I can give as far as consistency is concerned.
Vuelo Eluko
hei bad habit section
dats me

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Someone coach me T_T
i dont get it, you're rank 1 denmark, and you have good acc...
leave the bickering for legitimate bad players
Mayoi Hachikuji

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

hei bad habit section
dats me

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Someone coach me T_T
i dont get it, you're rank 1 denmark, and you have good acc...
leave the bickering for legitimate bad players
I won't be that in a month or 2. Trust me.
ksg
Did spot quite a few bad habits of mine after reading this thread and looking at my play for a bit.
Especially not following sliders, and not snapping to notes.

Been trying to concentrate on improving those aspects lately, hoping it'll do some good.

Good thread.
Sheepsticks
Very informative. It's nice to see other people's view of the game. Great stuff we've got here. Thanks a lot! :)
Erihppas
Thank you for the reminder.

It's been 3 years since I've touched osu. When I came back just recently, it was discerning to find out that my accuracy have dropped and that I could no longer play Hard/Insane songs as I have used to. While playing on a new comp is a factor, being way out of practice is another... But instead of pushing myself to doing Hard songs again, I guess it's best to just go with the flow and pick up some new songs for practice. After all, osu is meant to be fun~ /o/
show more