posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
Playing harder maps = better aim
Barusamikosu

Keru_kun wrote:

;_; whyu not
OD and AR don't matter. Play maps that are aim intensive.
E m i
low ar is hard to aim >:(
i often miss CS2 when playing ez
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

low ar is hard to aim >:(
i often miss CS2 when playing ez
Play more dragonforce maps.

That's like, cs5,ar8, and stream practice in one.
Partydance252
How many times do i have to tell you PRACTICE
Even though im not good at it, I practice :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Barusamikosu

Partydance252 wrote:

Am I doing it right?
Yuudachi-kun

Partydance252 wrote:

Your plays per month tell me you don't do it enough.
Yolshka
I used to play harder beatmaps like... bottom insanes?(yeah hard for me)
What i mean by playing is staying alive,pass,not die,stop s@cking,(never happened)- yes, it was so much fun.Don't judge, wanna improve.
So that got me a whooping 80% accuary , wonderful isnt it?
That was around 380pp.
Then i started reading the forums, people told each other to play songs that you can FC to improve.
So then i started playing easier maps wich got me to ~600pp or something.
I was like : Wut? of course im doing better at them cuz they are easier, but im getting rewarded for that?
Then i realised i was bad at easy maps too.
k playing, practising, all cool man.
My accuary improved by like ~1.8%, and it felt like i was less horrible at them.

Went back to playing maps mentioned above... and i s@cked even more.

wtf m8

I know im being a BAKA!, but how can you tell whether or not you are improving?
Barusamikosu

ShadyAngel wrote:

Change your scoreboard to Local Scores and compare your new scores to your old ones.
ZenithPhantasm

Barusamikosu wrote:

ShadyAngel wrote:

Change your scoreboard to Local Scores and compare your new scores to your old ones.
You know you improved when you feel that you can do harder maps than you used to be able to. This is pretty obvious people.
Barusamikosu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You know you improved when you feel that you can do harder maps than you used to be able to. This is pretty obvious people.
That too. 8-)
I'll also add:

ShadyAngel wrote:

I used to play harder beatmaps like... bottom insanes?(yeah hard for me)...
So then i started playing easier maps wich got me to ~600pp or something...
My accuary improved by like ~1.8%, and it felt like i was less horrible at them...
Went back to playing maps mentioned above... and i s@cked even more...
As your reading ability improves, harder maps should start to become easier. If you're failing maps that you used to (barely) pass, it's probably because you're mashing less and reading more, so your old techniques (aka bad habits) aren't being used. Give it time and enjoy game.
E m i

Barusamikosu wrote:

If you're failing maps that you used to (barely) pass, it's probably because you're mashing less and reading more, so your old techniques (aka bad habits) aren't being used.
so that's why i'm skipping the 10th circle on a particular pattern in airman...
ProbablySombra
This is some great advice or inspiration or something :)
keru
Aim and Stream maps are perfect to get better. And in my experience trying to DT jump maps helps me aim and combo break less.
Shiyzo
i really wanna read this but im so lazy :(
Yolshka
Play more.
Actually play less, cuz i have played more and more and i became worse so obviously playing less will make me a god.
I just want to be #1 instantly to show off, with no effort. Is that too much to ask for!?

Barusamikosu wrote:

Captain i failed.
The break i took was longer than i thought.

What do i change where pls its embarassing
Barusamikosu
@ShadyAngel You're still getting PP, though. Keep playing maps that are fun for you and you will eventually build up some consistency.
Chinala

ShadyAngel wrote:

Play more.
Actually play less, cuz i have played more and more and i became worse so obviously playing less will make me a god.
I just want to be #1 instantly to show off, with no effort. Is that too much to ask for!?

Barusamikosu wrote:

Captain i failed.
The break i took was longer than i thought.

What do i change where pls its embarassing
Play for fun, not for the pp as I always say.
-sev

[Yoshinon] wrote:

Oh be careful, you might summon the wrath of the pp knights.
Chinala

Kaienyuu wrote:

[Yoshinon] wrote:

Oh be careful, you might summon the wrath of the pp knights.
I got my cross ready, where should I take refuge?
Yolshka
Oh, i play osu everytime i can.
I'm going to die peacefully while tapping circles.

As a side note, I never thought gaining more pp means direct improvent in performance, and that it refers to something more complicated.But maybe I'm wrong who knows.

Whatever, downloading all those hardcore 3.0 * beatmaps. :D
Barusamikosu

ShadyAngel wrote:

As a side note, I never thought gaining more pp means direct improvent in performance, and that it refers to something more complicated.But maybe I'm wrong who knows.
Getting PP can be a way of improving, or a result of improving, depending on how you play. Seeing new scores in your Top Ranks shows that you're at least playing the game, which is all that's needed really.

ShadyAngel wrote:

Whatever, downloading all those hardcore 3.0 * beatmaps. :D
Have fun :D
ZenithPhantasm
Holy Grail of how to improve:
PLAY
MORE
Shiyzo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Holy Grail of how to improve:
PLAY
MORE
Ziassan
I get the "play more" thing, but on my side I'm playing the same time everyday, went from #100k to #30k in 50 days, and since then I'm stuck at #30k, not moving an inch, still playing as much.
I tried many things but I guess everyone have a limit at some point, it's a bit like starting violin too old.
Yuudachi-kun
30k will not be your limit.
Ziassan

Kheldragar wrote:

30k will not be your limit.
Apparently it is, I didn't stop playing, trying everything but the best days are when I manage to barely get back the rank lost.
I dunno why, for some reason it was so easy to rank up until 30k an suddendly not moving an inch since one month.
Mahogany
Maybe it was an instance of your skill was much better than your PP so you ranked really fast, but now your skill matches your PP, so you have to really tryhard for some of the scores, and you're feeling deflated because you're not used to not gaining ranks, and don't feel confident enough to make much ground.

You need more 100pp scores.

See if you can play https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53519. That was one of my first triple-digit-pp scores.
Ziassan
Well most of my top scores are only in 3/4 tries (and no FC) - after, the most I try a map the worst it goes (often loosing pp 'cause more combo but far worst accuracy). Thanks for the map that's indeed the kind I like, I tried it a month ago but got 1 miss in the middle so now I can't do it before long.
Mahogany
Honestly I find the biggest barrier to improving is to have enough maps you like. I could probably re-FC anything on my top plays within 5 attempts, but most maps I don't like :/

And yeah, trying the same map too much is usually bad, unless you really like the map (or are an acc-whore like I am, but go for the FC first)

We might have a similar taste in maps. PM me anytime you see me ingame and I'll /np you a bunch of stuff, hopefully it'll help.
Yuudachi-kun
Sometimes I fc in one-two plays for a session; sometimes I play a map 60 minutes straight to fc.
Insyni
I don't think any of my top ranks are fcs... Fcing is so hard.
Yuudachi-kun
You aren't even trying.
7ambda

Kheldragar wrote:

You aren't even trying.
Trying didn't get me far.

*sadface*

Ziassan
Still this magic 30k barrier since nearly 2 months, I don't get it. When I finally achieve a difficult score on a map after 2 days of tries it's only to see "-40" rank 'cause I lost like 70 and this score gave me 30 (maps given or not by Tillerino).
I don't play for the rank but it's not really encouraging hmm. At least that mean a lot of people play the game very actively.
Yuudachi-kun

Ziassan wrote:

Still this magic 30k barrier since nearly 2 months, I don't get it. When I finally achieve a difficult score on a map after 2 days of tries it's only to see "-40" rank 'cause I lost like 70 and this score gave me 30 (maps given or not by Tillerino).
I don't play for the rank but it's not really encouraging hmm. At least that mean a lot of people play the game very actively.

What do you play? What is your goal for the map? How often do you retry? How many hours a day do you play?
Ziassan

Kheldragar wrote:

What do you play? What is your goal for the map? How often do you retry? How many hours a day do you play?
Hmm I tried all kind of maps (4~5 stars) to break this 30k limit, I still prefer jumpy maps with tricky patterns over fast-streamy maps, I like insane with low ar/bpm but these are almost non existant. The thing is their is always that one random miss never at the same point, where even watching the replay I often don't see how it was a miss. I end up with 5 stars at 98% with one miss in the middle and never FC the map~
Even my top rank score has a miss near the middle.

Also I avoid long maps since after 1min my hand get sweaty and the pencil end up in weird positions almost out of hand so I do mostly 1~2min maps or maps with a lot of breaks to pause.

The goal is often to FC (or almost) with 95%+
Usually retrying 2/3 times then moving to another map ('cause it get worst with more tries), but since I was never FCing any map worth PP like that I try to play the same map 40~ times in a row tho the result isn't really better. And 1h/day, more is not possible with full-time work and others stuffs.
I didn't loose all hopes but fast gain in rank followed by totally stuck state is hard for motivation ahah.
Mahogany
If you want slower, jumpy maps with patterns, that's basically my entire top plays list. Try some of the maps I have. (Some of them are rather long though)
ZenithPhantasm
Buy tablet to become sanic speed player.
Mahogany
False, I'm probably the slowest person on this board and probably the strongest tablet advocate only behind maybe Khel
show more