forum

osu!scape (Old School RuneScape)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1

emmy wrote:

2007scape is an insult to the good runescape
On the contrary most people think the current runescape is an insult to Old School Runescape
Sapphiire_old_1
I personally like the current Runescape except the Evolution of Combat and the new combat level system.
Zexion
Oh boy, OSRS was awesome. I need to get membership again.

SoG Tava wrote:

I personally like the current Runescape except the Evolution of Combat and the new combat level system.
Did you hear of legacy mode? It seems they will be bringing the old fighting style for those who want it. Kinda weird if you ask me...
Sapphiire_old_1

Zexion wrote:

Did you hear of legacy mode? It seems they will be bringing the old fighting style for those who want it. Kinda weird if you ask me...
Yeah i've heard of it don't know what they exactly gonna do
Eoteon

SoG Tava wrote:

I think it's a good change from the repetitive click and watch, maybe spec and eat some food. Not for everybody but the new combat system was a change that Runescape needed in my opinion. It seems like the new system relates to games like Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 with the spamming of skills :p Also, with the Legacy Mode(Old combat system) implementation in coming months, they are going to keep the EOC servers up but allow you to switch your account over to Legacy Mode servers at will which is pretty sweet.
Sapphiire_old_1

Eoteon wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

I think it's a good change from the repetitive click and watch, maybe spec and eat some food. Not for everybody but the new combat system was a change that Runescape needed in my opinion. It seems like the new system relates to games like Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 with the spamming of skills :p Also, with the Legacy Mode(Old combat system) implementation in coming months, they are going to keep the EOC servers up but allow you to switch your account over to Legacy Mode servers at will which is pretty sweet.
Those skills are way to buggy ...
Eoteon

Eoteon wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

Those skills are way to buggy ...
I haven't had any bugs with the skills yet, fair amount of graphical glitches though, took me a lot of fiddling in the Graphic Options to get it right.
Sapphiire_old_1
Every time i want to use a skill my char freezes and stops attacking
Topic Starter
Mara
Guys, keep in mind that this thread is about the old school. Nobody's here for the current version.
[ Stellar ]
I did fight caves for a friend.
rip.twice.
It's a lot of fun for people who played during those early years, and it is nice see the game come back.
But for some reason, I can't get back into the game now...
ivan
x
La Volpe
I played Old school Runescape when it came out because of nostalgia and after a month i achieved:

I think I was one of the first level 3 to get it. Then I wanted to go for 99 agility but I got bored running around in circle. Also for those who are familiar with the Wilderness agility course: They were people waiting outside the first pipe to kill me even though I had nothing but food. Anyways I would love to get back into it but i'm already busy with other games.. maybe later this year i'll come back on this game. :)
Topic Starter
Mara
And how many hours did you waste playing RS per day?
La Volpe

Mara wrote:

And how many hours did you waste playing RS per day?
Not that many actually,i had college during that time and I work during weekend, you know Pyramid plunder is insane and easy experience right?
Topic Starter
Mara
Here's the trick. I was F2P player till the end, so some member stuff is still quite unknown for me.
La Volpe

Mara wrote:

Here's the trick. I was F2P player till the end, so some member stuff is still quite unknown for me.
Oh I see then check this out : http://2007rshelp.com/minigames.php?id=23 it explains the basic of this minigame and how to get there since you need to start a quest. It is the best place to train your thieving. At level 91 you have acess to the last room and you can get up to 200-250k exp per hour.You need to be 21 thieving to get in. During the minigame you can loot artifacts that you can sell to an NPC at the agility pyramid, I made 1,5 M by just selling them lol.
Saint_old
i pretty much quit now
Topic Starter
Mara

La Volpe wrote:

Oh I see then check this out : http://2007rshelp.com/minigames.php?id=23 it explains the basic of this minigame and how to get there since you need to start a quest. It is the best place to train your thieving. At level 91 you have acess to the last room and you can get up to 200-250k exp per hour.You need to be 21 thieving to get in. During the minigame you can loot artifacts that you can sell to an NPC at the agility pyramid, I made 1,5 M by just selling them lol.
Seems quite interesting, I'll check it out at some point as I have big enough thieving to enter there.
seasonS

SoG Tava wrote:

played it a bit for the nostalgia but got bored fast and i dident want to grind al those skills again
I doubt I would ever play the game for fun again but nostalgia is always nice for a few min x)
ylikki

Mara wrote:

lol recommend me a bot/guys look i am using a bot
Kill yourself..
This.
CaptainAhab_old
I really enjoyed RuneScape back when what is now considered OSRS was current (so I suppose 2005-2007?), and I dabbled with the new EoC stuff a few months ago, but none of it really clicked for me like it did back when I was in elementary/middle school.

If I had more than about half an hour a day maximum to play video games (which I devote primarily to osu! nowadays), I would probably pick up OSRS and nostalgia trip for a couple of months at least.
The Winner Man
Honestly 2009-20011 was the prime of Runescape to me. 07 is way too back and the current EoC ain't my thing.
Neroh

The Winner Man wrote:

Honestly 2009-20011 was the prime of Runescape to me. 07 is way too back and the current EoC ain't my thing.
I second this. Think I may play again when this legacy mode hits. I loved the afk/chilled back-ness of the fighting and hate the new UI.