forum

CombatPlayer - Maintenance (OP ver.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinde
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:52:14 PM

Artist: CombatPlayer
Title: Maintenance (OP ver.)
Source: Dysfunctional Systems
Tags: Learning to Manage Chaos Dischan
BPM: 166
Filesize: 10575kb
Play Time: 00:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dysfunctional (3.45 stars, 151 notes)
  2. Hard (2.98 stars, 114 notes)
  3. Normal (1.66 stars, 62 notes)
Download: CombatPlayer - Maintenance (OP ver.)
Download: CombatPlayer - Maintenance (OP ver.) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
OP from the wonderful visual novel 'Dysfunctional Systems : Learning to Manage Chaos', brought to you by the folks over at Dischan Media.

I really fell in love playing this game, and greatly enjoyed the soundtrack by Kristian "CombatPlayer" Jensen. It's pretty rare to see such skill in crafting a visual novel, especially for the Western market. Anyway, thought I'd pay homage to their work by mapping this song.

If anyone is more interested in the game, feel free to visit the above link. You can also pick up a free copy of their previous novel, Juniper's Knot, on their website.
dkun
Such a good VN. What a shame they discontinued the production of the series.
Thanks for mapping this, Shinde! (it was worth it waking up from hibernation to look at this!)

Have a few stars on me.
Raose
[Chaos]

maybe add a spinner at the end? for variation on scoreboards

00:22:001 - add a note here? :D i hear a beat in the moosic

00:31:218 (3) - consider ctrl+G this slider for a more circular flow

00:33:387 (1,2) - make into a triplet or a 1/4 slider? I hear an extra unmapped beat

00:34:832 (1) - maybe it'd be better to split up this long slider into some smaller parts? This heavy beat at 00:35:555 goes unemphasized for example :C

[Dysfunctional]

there's an unsnapped object at 00:48:566 (4)

00:20:013 - i feel like there should be a note here or something D: the gap feels a bit long LOL

00:27:603 (1) - consider curving it the other way (like a U shape), it feels better to play for me

00:31:941 (2) - the sliders look a bit weird to me D: maybe make them regular curves or sharper U-shaped sliders

[Order]

object end unsnapped at same location

00:16:399 (4) - normal sampleset on tail? (and soft addition for whistle) some other places i think could also use a normal sampleset :D

00:42:784 (2) - with the slider angled the way it is, i think it'd flow a bit better if this was stacked on 00:40:977 (2)

00:53:627 (1) - adjust so it's blanketted by the previous slider?

YAAAY gl on your set :D hope my mod was helpful~
Topic Starter
Shinde

Raose wrote:

[Chaos]

maybe add a spinner at the end? for variation on scoreboards Still in the process of considering this more.

00:22:001 - add a note here? :D i hear a beat in the moosic I hear the beat, but everything so far has been mapped to the piano, so I think this would be a little odd.

00:31:218 (3) - consider ctrl+G this slider for a more circular flow I don't think I like this. Previously your cursor goes in figure 8's, so to change it into an 8 pattern then a circular one, I don't think that improves flow. Plus it messes up the symmetry. Hmm...

00:33:387 (1,2) - make into a triplet or a 1/4 slider? I hear an extra unmapped beat This entire Kiai segment is mapped in eighth notes to the piano, so a single sixteenth note would be kind of out of place. D: If I were mapping to the drums at all this would make sense, though.

00:34:832 (1) - maybe it'd be better to split up this long slider into some smaller parts? This heavy beat at 00:35:555 goes unemphasized for example :C I'm not sure. I could split it up further, but I was already using this long violin note as a transition into the drum mapped section, rather than go straight from the piano to the drums.

[Dysfunctional]

there's an unsnapped object at 00:48:566 (4) How did that get there!? D:D:D:

00:20:013 - i feel like there should be a note here or something D: the gap feels a bit long LOL I don't have any problems increasing the scaling on this pattern.

00:27:603 (1) - consider curving it the other way (like a U shape), it feels better to play for me Hmm. Your mouse would still be travelling in the same path though. I think this is just a visual trick, since if (1) feels weird, the rest of the pattern should follow the same logic since they all mirror each other.

00:31:941 (2) - the sliders look a bit weird to me D: maybe make them regular curves or sharper U-shaped sliders It's just a bit of variation. I'm not sure I see any problem with them, other than not being a commonplace shape.

[Order]

object end unsnapped at same location Oh noooo. ;___;

00:16:399 (4) - normal sampleset on tail? (and soft addition for whistle) some other places i think could also use a normal sampleset :D Good catch, I didn't copy the hitsound pattern from other difficulties properly on this note or a few others. Probably due to using my monitor speakers instead of headphones. :I

00:42:784 (2) - with the slider angled the way it is, i think it'd flow a bit better if this was stacked on 00:40:977 (2) Minor change, but I don't mind this.

00:53:627 (1) - adjust so it's blanketted by the previous slider? Cleaned this and a different note up slightly.

YAAAY gl on your set :D hope my mod was helpful~
Thank you for the mod, Rose~ :D
Maeglwn
ayo

[General]
  1. not too sure if these diff names are rankable anymore so you should probalby make sure that they are just in case somebody mean unranks your map for no reason and stuff
[Chaos]
  1. 00:29:049 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think this part could be improved with sliders and stuff instead of single taps, the single taps seem really excessive and stuff and I'm not really sure how to fix it without destroying the entire part, so maybe instead of repeating the pattern the second time you could put like a slider jump or something
  2. 00:23:266 (1,2) - I think you should replace this second slider with something else because it seems like a very repetitive and dull poart of the song when you spend like 3 seconds of the 50 second map going back and forth on sliders and that's kinda upsetting and stuff so you should make the second slider more fun by making it singletaps or sliders or something else idk I'm kinda tired
  3. 00:38:447 (4,1) - these gaps seem really weird to me I'm not really too sure why but they do and stuff so maybe make 4 a long slider or something instead of just having the pause because it seems like a really weird transition from the last section to this section when you have the pauses at the end of the combos like this
  4. 00:57:887 - SPINNER WHERE?!?!?!
[Dysfunctional]
  1. I'm gonna go with this being a normal diff and mod it according to that standard, if its not a normal diff screw everything I say
  2. 00:26:158 (1,2,3,4) - this seems too hard for a normal diff cause it's too much stuff to do in one half ofa second thing and maybe make it like easier to play or something
  3. 00:34:832 (1) - I don't really like this spinner cause it kinda just comes out of nowhere and I mean there's a sound there and all but it kinda effects gameplay a bunch and I'm not really sure how much I like that effecting gameplay. Therefore, you should try to consider the idea of putting sliders or regular notes here instead of this spinner because this spinner is weird and itsreally hurting my feelings and you should fix it just because my feelings are hurt
  4. 00:33:387 (6,7) - you should probably avoid stacks in a normal cause it kinda just throws shit off. I mean it makes sense with the double drum hit thing but at the same time newer players might not realize that this is a double drum hit thing and they might think it's like a faster note thing or something and that might throw off people a lot and they might get upset and stop playing osu forever and thats not good
  5. 00:41:880 (2,3,4,5) - see these stacks are okay because there's two of them and they might mess up on the first one but on the second one they'll learn and then it'll be okay kinda, I hope that makes sense because it's barely making sense to me as I'm typing this
  6. 00:46:760 (3,4) - flow kinda weird here, pull 3 up or down more to make it better
  7. 00:57:887 - SPINNER WHERE?!?!
[Order]
  1. so I'm assuming this is an easy so I'm modding it like one same thing as above applies
  2. 00:29:772 (2,3) - think you should definitely flip 3 down so it's coming up the other way instead of just immediately flipped over to the other side, the flow is kinda awkward and it would be better if the curve wa sgoing downwards instead
  3. 00:34:832 (1) - spinner is weird again
  4. 00:50:013 (2,3) - stacks in easies are worse and this is like the only stack in the entire diff so you should probably just unstack it
  5. 00:57:658 (3) - this sounds late I have no idea why maybe I'm just dumb
good luck on your map
Topic Starter
Shinde

Maeglwn wrote:

ayo

[General]
  1. not too sure if these diff names are rankable anymore so you should probalby make sure that they are just in case somebody mean unranks your map for no reason and stuff Damn, you caught this. I saw that in the updated rules but thought it might fly anyway. :c

[Chaos]
  1. 00:29:049 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I think this part could be improved with sliders and stuff instead of single taps, the single taps seem really excessive and stuff and I'm not really sure how to fix it without destroying the entire part, so maybe instead of repeating the pattern the second time you could put like a slider jump or something I don't really find anything wrong here. :c
  2. 00:23:266 (1,2) - I think you should replace this second slider with something else because it seems like a very repetitive and dull poart of the song when you spend like 3 seconds of the 50 second map going back and forth on sliders and that's kinda upsetting and stuff so you should make the second slider more fun by making it singletaps or sliders or something else idk I'm kinda tired Wut. Uh, I dunno it's kind of an entrance and picks up right after.
  3. 00:38:447 (4,1) - these gaps seem really weird to me I'm not really too sure why but they do and stuff so maybe make 4 a long slider or something instead of just having the pause because it seems like a really weird transition from the last section to this section when you have the pauses at the end of the combos like this I dunno, es mapped to the drums. I see no problems here.
  4. 00:57:887 - SPINNER WHERE?!?!?! SPINNER HERE NOW.

[Dysfunctional]
  1. I'm gonna go with this being a normal diff and mod it according to that standard, if its not a normal diff screw everything I say This is intended to be a Hard, so I looked over but disregarded most of this due to the suggestions being under the assumption of this being a Normal.
  2. 00:26:158 (1,2,3,4) - this seems too hard for a normal diff cause it's too much stuff to do in one half ofa second thing and maybe make it like easier to play or something
  3. 00:34:832 (1) - I don't really like this spinner cause it kinda just comes out of nowhere and I mean there's a sound there and all but it kinda effects gameplay a bunch and I'm not really sure how much I like that effecting gameplay. Therefore, you should try to consider the idea of putting sliders or regular notes here instead of this spinner because this spinner is weird and itsreally hurting my feelings and you should fix it just because my feelings are hurt
  4. 00:33:387 (6,7) - you should probably avoid stacks in a normal cause it kinda just throws shit off. I mean it makes sense with the double drum hit thing but at the same time newer players might not realize that this is a double drum hit thing and they might think it's like a faster note thing or something and that might throw off people a lot and they might get upset and stop playing osu forever and thats not good
  5. 00:41:880 (2,3,4,5) - see these stacks are okay because there's two of them and they might mess up on the first one but on the second one they'll learn and then it'll be okay kinda, I hope that makes sense because it's barely making sense to me as I'm typing this
  6. 00:46:760 (3,4) - flow kinda weird here, pull 3 up or down more to make it better
  7. 00:57:887 - SPINNER WHERE?!?! OK YES, SPINNER.

[Order]
  1. so I'm assuming this is an easy so I'm modding it like one same thing as above applies This is intended to be a Normal, so I looked over but disregarded most of this due to the suggestions being under the assumption of this being an Easy.
  2. 00:29:772 (2,3) - think you should definitely flip 3 down so it's coming up the other way instead of just immediately flipped over to the other side, the flow is kinda awkward and it would be better if the curve wa sgoing downwards instead
  3. 00:34:832 (1) - spinner is weird again
  4. 00:50:013 (2,3) - stacks in easies are worse and this is like the only stack in the entire diff so you should probably just unstack it
  5. 00:57:658 (3) - this sounds late I have no idea why maybe I'm just dumb Timing should be correct, as far as I can tell. I re-examined this area a bit though. Anyway, OD is low enough that even if you're just sightreading, a 300 shouldn't be a problem. I'm always wary of BPM slowdowns like this, so I see the cause for your concern.
good luck on your map
THANK YOU VERY MUCHO, SIR BAGELWIN.

I'm sorry if my spinners hurt your feelings. :( I yelled at them for you! D:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.