forum

Osu MWC information

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akali

Agka wrote:

I'm not appreciating the sarcasm.

I even used caps to show how serious I am about this.
Sorry, sometimes just can't resist from a shitpost.

On a serious note - I have no idea how many stages does this tournament have, if it worked like osu! standard format I don't think there would be enough 4k maps to fill all stages with different charts (I don't know any numbers, it just appears so). I guess it will be just 7k anyway

I rememberwatching MWC last year (or footage from it?) and it was mostly autoconverts. Even if it's 7k only this year it will be hopefully ONLY mania specific charts, that would be great for the game if people saw something more complex being played.
Drace
Well... this is the first MWC :\

There's no reason to "assume" that this tournament will be 7k only. Every keymodes are escential parts of this game. The true mania champions should be people that can play all keymodes amazingly. Good players that are only good at one keymode are people using mania as a simulator for their main game .

There's loads of 4k maps, I have over 100 diffs and they're all uploaded. 5k has been growing a lot lately too, enough to make that 5k skill analysis thread, there's much more than just that too. I haven't really looked into 6k, but I havent accumulated that many, so I'd say they're more on the lacking side with 8k.
Agka
honestly 4k is way too hard for the mwc
October Scream
My guess is they'll probably allow key mods, but those players will drop out immediately when they lose to the non key modders.

I also think that it won't be all 7k songs. They may do 8k, 6k, 4k,or 5k as well.
Aqo

October Scream wrote:

My guess is they'll probably allow key mods
/facepalm
Waisse
It should be all about 4K and 7k, maybe 5K.
xxbidiao

Agka wrote:

+1
Rumia-

Agka wrote:

+1
Kamikaze

Agka wrote:

^ This.
milky228_old
I would guess that 4K and 7K would be the main mods. The tournament is going to consist of teams of 4 players in 2v2 games so I would assume it would be the top 2 4k players and top 2 7k players from each country.

Also, i'm not sure wether you guys are being sarcastic or not but I really struggle with 4K the patterns seem to be all over the place.
richardfeder
8k plz
Aqo
7K+1 thanks
Kamikaze
Implement 9k and do it on mwc
DestinySonata
10k go for it!

I think it would be randomized, as in the mappool would have 4K - 8K maps
ArcherLove

Jubeat mode
Maiz94
88K plz
DestinySonata
no no

Asagi Mutsuki

DestinySonata wrote:

no no

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/148204

For MWC finals.
Kamikaze

cdhsausageboy wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

no no

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/148204

For MWC finals.
Tiebreaker in the final plz
Agka

milky228 wrote:

I would guess that 4K and 7K would be the main mods. The tournament is going to consist of teams of 4 players in 2v2 games so I would assume it would be the top 2 4k players and top 2 7k players from each country.

Also, i'm not sure wether you guys are being sarcastic or not but I really struggle with 4K the patterns seem to be all over the place.
I'm not being sarcastic.

I'm even using caps for this.
4k IS too hard for the MWC. We won't be using beginner level 4k maps, you know, if we used 4k.
Crimson Lacryma
As far as ranked mania maps are concerned, the key modes that are most likely to show up are 4K and 7K. Personally, I would like to see the tournament be separated into divisions by key mode, but that would be unlikely. What might happen is that the organizers would have to line up a mapset that has both 4K and 7K maps per match.
Kamikaze

Crimson Lacryma wrote:

As far as ranked mania maps are concerned, the key modes that are most likely to show up are 4K and 7K. Personally, I would like to see the tournament be separated into divisions by key mode, but that would be unlikely. What might happen is that the organizers would have to line up a mapset that has both 4K and 7K maps per match.

We don't even have enough ranked maps to fill 2-round mapset so I guess most of maps will be unranked ones if they'll even get it started, lol
Drace
The mwc maps doesn't have to be ranked :p
Pinecone
who can survive volcanic boss+++ DT longer gg
neonat

Drace wrote:

The mwc maps doesn't have to be ranked :p
This is true, twc used before maps that weren't ranked yet.
Kamikaze
Let's do Noodles World Cup! \o/
Ryu Sei
If there's any 8K map used on next MWC...