forum

Skinnable Files List

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Haskorion
Adding that does not seem logical if it happens only on one occasion (direct replay of autofail). I saved that replay and after watching it again it was a regular D.
MatthewRobo

Hey man why's downloading/printing/copying disabled on the sheet? Even as just a viewer I can't copy stuff and that can be annoying when I want to show a certain section of the sheet to someone else.
Topic Starter
Haskorion

MatthewRobo wrote:

Hey man why's downloading/printing/copying disabled on the sheet? Even as just a viewer I can't copy stuff and that can be annoying when I want to show a certain section of the sheet to someone else.

It's disabled for the following reason:

To prevent redistributing manipulated and/or outdated versions/copies with wrong facts,
while offering a centralised source with correct facts!

I have put a lot of time into this listing and research, I simply don't want others just to claim it as their own findings and change it to their likings for distribution. If something so simple can prevent that, why not use it?

I even have this on the table:

There are three links on this tab:
  1. link to a simple downloadable list (filenames only)
  2. link to this thread
  3. shortcut for writing a forum PM without needing to visit this thread or my profile

So, I'm sorry for keeping it like that, but I don't trust in how poeple would handle a local copy.
-yuo-
Hi, I've just noticed something with menu-background.jpg.

Maybe it'll be good to update the notes for this:

- Make sure that this is a jpg
- this image should not have an '@2x' alternative. The "standard res" is always used and scaled to fill screen.
- because @2x is not used and the original is made to fill screen, it will be very pixelated if the original is not a HD file. It should be recommended that the one and only menu-background is HD, even though it does not have @2x.
h3oCharles
what just yuo said, and also drag and drop on main menu makes SD only
JankoGoo
Haskorion, Das "Osu!Supporter" PNG ist nicht mehr vorhanden. Nur damit du bescheid weißt. <3

Grüße aus NRW. :D
Matix99
Hey, can you put this list somewhere that I can access? Google doesn't let me see anything even when I disable everything like adblock, umatrix and so on. It's not only my problem either, here's some guy on VNDB having that issue with a different google doc three months ago: https://vndb.org/t12603#1
The assumption is that if you've blocked their trackers for long enough, then even if you unblock them they will still hold content hostage and not let you see it(but that also means there's no reason to unblock them ever since it'll never work anyway).
Galvit
they changed how taqiko works recently, hitcircles converted to greyscale by luminosity before multiplication (same for bar right (not tested) and bar left gets cut off after 220px to the right(SD))
Topic Starter
Haskorion

Galvit wrote:

they changed how taqiko works recently, hitcircles converted to greyscale by luminosity before multiplication (same for bar right (not tested) and bar left gets cut off after 220px to the right(SD))

Can you tell me which build this was changed in?
I never tested for the cuttoff and neither did I test with coloured circles before.

Added.
Galvit
That's what annoys me, it's not in changelog

Also it's converted to greyscale by luminance not just disaturation (there is a difference), also bar-right gets greyscaled same way.
Topic Starter
Haskorion
After tinkering a bit in PS I see what you mean.
Added a "converted" entry for the blend modes.

Do you know if more stuff got changed to convert to a grayscale?
Galvit
I noticed changes only when i was skinning taiko
Charles said those changes were made to nerf taiko-mania skins
DragonmonGaming
Whats the file type for fonts that can be used in a osu! skin?
Topic Starter
Haskorion
osu! does not let you change any hardcoded font (like in the menus or chat).

All those old skins with the taiko font-file were used in older versions (I presume pre 2013) and I currently do not see them being used anywhere.
So asking for the file type is a bit redundant.
Corne2Plum3
What do the taiko font file?
RockRoller

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

What do the taiko font file?
taiko uses the same numbers as the other game modes, aka score
Galvit
I'm working on mods selection template now, and I've got some info about button-left/middle/right. All elements are scaled to be 64px in height, button-middle is stretched to fill in middle part, duh, and the total width oh a button is 736px at any aspect ratio.
Topic Starter
Haskorion
Button scaling is a mess.
Make button-right 100x5 and see how it messes with button-middle.

Edited some fields for button image.
Galvit

Haskorion wrote:

Button scaling is a mess.
Make button-right 100x5 and see how it messes with button-middle.
It brakes if you make all elements wider than 736px in sum.
Galvit
Additional info for taiko elements that are anchored at centre: hit position located at (256,315)
JankoGoo
Sprites/D122:D124 has a typo in the cell notes:

| sgemented: images stay on screen until "Go!"
|
| sequenced: images are cycled through from "Ready?" to "Go!"

Sprites/C120 has a typo in the cell notes:

| overrides ki sprites
|
| scorbar goes black when nearing critical zone

I suggest correcting said typos.