forum

what is the +50 after i finish a song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iderekmc
in the profile box sometimes after i finish a song it says +50 or + 200, does that mean i lose 200 ranks, or i win 200 ranks? is it normal to lose pp just by playing a song once?
Noobsicle
red -200 = you lose ranks
green +200 = you gain ranks

i'm guessing it's normal to lose pp if you complete a song after a certain amount of inactivity, because other people are playing to rank up as well

i still don't get why you lose pp tho, someone enlighten pls
Coffee Hero
They're colour coded? huh
NotCookie_old

Noobsicle wrote:

i'm guessing it's normal to lose pp if you complete a song after a certain amount of inactivity, because other people are playing to rank up as well

i still don't get why you lose pp tho, someone enlighten pls
Only times I've lost pp is when I've improved my score on a song, but I got worse accuracy. I guess even though you got an improved score on the song, the ppv2 system considers the higher score as a worse performance, as your accuracy was worse, or maybe you used a different mod or something.
Noobsicle

TSC wrote:

They're colour coded? huh
(edit: nvm green applies to score, rank = white numbers ._.) hmm, there was a time where i completed a song and some white numbers (+xx) came up next to my rank, green numbers next to my total score, but a red (-0.17) appeared next to my accuracy

these numbers appear (for me) very rarely though

NotCookie wrote:

Only times I've lost pp is when I've improved my score on a song, but I got worse accuracy. I guess even though you got an improved score on the song, the ppv2 system considers the higher score as a worse performance, as your accuracy was worse, or maybe you used a different mod or something.
ah, that makes sense
Venumidas
Not really, you lose/win "PP" because the ppv2 is updating like every 3 days.

You will never be able to lose "PP" just by geting lower accuracy but higher points/higher accuracy lower points.

Only thing you can lose are ranks.(It's just showing 900-1000-1021, but there are 2 number u don't see 900,21 - 1000,45 - 1021,77, that's why people got higher ranks then you even if they have the same "PP" showing.
NoYzE
In Multiplayer they will show always after you return to the lobby.
Also if you quit to song selection very fast after completing you will most likely see them too, because they appear after pp processing and it takes like 2 seconds with normal internet connection.

But i don't know if you gain or loose ranks if it's + or -
Topic Starter
iderekmc

Venumidas wrote:

You will never be able to lose "PP" just by geting lower accuracy but higher points/higher accuracy lower points.

Only thing you can lose are ranks.(It's just showing 900-1000-1021, but there are 2 number u don't see 900,21 - 1000,45 - 1021,77, that's why people got higher ranks then you even if they have the same "PP" showing.
yes, i can assure u lose pp if u get better score with lerss accuracy lol
Coffee Hero
yes, i can assure u lose pp if u get better score with lerss accuracy lol
Not always, you can get lower accuracy while getting less misses and actually gain more PP.\

Not true at all, it updates when you submit your highest ranked score for a song.
Myke B
there are a lot of variables to determine if you will lose pp for getting a "better" score on a song. It is possible that you can lose PP if you get worse acc because of how heavily acc is weighed, but it depends on what mods you use or don't use.