I think I can take a look on this map before it goes to ranked, I don't know I just wanted to do it.
(quite) Everything fixed. I fixed every *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* of the map, and some other things you said.
Shiro wrote:Here's the mod. Do not kd this post as it's a continuation of the previous one.
- 00:02:210 (4,4) - These two sliders break the comboing. For consistency and respect to the song, the new combos should be on the big white tick (just like 00:01:263 (1) - ) but because you have a sliderend there, you can't add them at these points, which forces you to add them on the note after which is wrong and inconsistent.
- 00:05:052 (1) - You could have made an effort and blanket this with 00:04:105 (2) - .
- 00:08:526 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Inconsistent 1/4 spacing. This matters more than you may think (see below), but make the spacing on the 1/4 consistent (I'd suggest 0.5x rather than 1x for the beginning). This goes for the entire section until the break.
- 00:14:526 (3,4,5,6) - First of all, (4) is not needed and doesn't follow anything in the song. Second of all, this pattern is hella confusing, difficult to play and unintuitive because of the massive 1/4 jump that you force and that doesn't fit at all. You should focus on the 1/2 drum kicks then go back to 1/4 if you wish, but this jump is not fitting and should be remove. Also, remove (6) to focus on the kicks as I said. Also 00:14:526 (3,5) - should continue the circle motion, which was fairly decent, instead of breaking it for the sake of unfitting 1/4.
- 00:14:526 (3,5) - Same as above. This 1/4 does not fit. Also, this kind of pattern 00:16:737 (2,3,4) - looks and plays atrociously bad. What's the point of only stacking two of the beats ? It's confusing because of the spacing (which looks like 1/2) and uneven movement for something that is supposedly not uneven. If it's meant to be uneven, use a 1/4 slider then a circle, but not three circles.
- 00:17:684 (9,1) - Because of the very inconsistent spacing before, there is no way to tell whether this is a normal 1/2 or another randomly spaced 1/4. That is why making the 1/4 spacing consistent is crucial to this first part.
- 00:17:684 (9,1,2,3,4) - This is wrong in every possible way. First of all, the new combo should be on (9). Second of all, you are using offbeat sliders (sliders that start on a red tick) on a part of the song with heavily accentuated white ticks, which you have ignored because they are sliderends. This plays completely off because of that. You're clicking on nothing in the song and ignore the actual strong beats. Also, of course, 00:18:789 (4) - ruins the comboing (the new combo should be on its end).
- 00:19:263 (1) - See ^. This new combo is misplaced. And make 00:19:263 (1,2,3) - a perfect triangle or something.
- 00:20:210 (1) - to 00:22:263 (5) - first of all, the rhythm is wrong. It should be circle-circle-1/2slider repeat. The rhythm is made of 4 beats: 00:20:210 (1,2,3) - three strong ones, then one weak one. You have the first strong beat and the weak beat emphasized with circles, the second strong beat emphasized with a slider head, but the third strong beat is skipped because of the slider end, which plays awfully wrong. You should change the rhythm into that, then add a jump after the sliderend to separate the rhythm better.
- 00:24:632 (4) - Common sense requires this to be 3/4 long, and not 1/1, just like 00:24:316 (3) - .
For the whole section above: it's the introduction and you're already using heavy 1/4, sliderjumps, confusing streams, and everything that i counterintuitive and difficult to play. For an introduction, especially to a marathon, you should have done something a bit easier to let the player warm up.
- 00:30:632 (2,3) - Wrong blanket.
- 00:31:421 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This could use sliders. There are very clear strong beats in the song but you're not trying to emphasize them because everything is circles. I'll help you and point out the weaker beats that you can use sliderends on: 00:31:737 (6) - 00:32:211 (4) - 00:32:684 (7) -
- 00:32:132 (3) - This 1/4 is nowhere to be found in the song.
- 00:32:842 (1,2) - On the other hand, this goes over two very strong beats and ignores one because of a sliderend. You should have done the same as 00:30:316 (1,2) - . Also for the whole 00:32:842 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - you decided to completely ignore the song and use random slider composition instead ?
- 00:33:632 (3,1,2) - Wrong blankets, again.
- 00:36:000 (3,4,5) - I already pointed this pattern out and I will point it out again. You're not even consistent with yourself: one time you decide to add a confusing counterintuitive jumpstack1/4thing and then it's regular 1/4: 00:36:632 (1,2,3) - . Also if you wanted to be consistent with yourself this one should be a 3/4 slider then a 1/2 slider, not 1/2-1/4-1/2.
- 00:37:737 (5,1) - Oh hey, this slider is pretty cool for once. It goes well with the emphasized beats in the song and the slight jump after it fits the variations of volume on the notes.
- 00:39:158 (1,2,3,4,5) - And THAT is why the pattern I pointed out 00:39:158 (1,2,3) - is confusing and unintuitive. This looks like 00:39:790 (4) - is 1/4 after 00:39:474 (3) - in every possible way you could ever look at it: same pattern as 00:39:158 (1,2,3) - (the 1/4 use on (2) is overmapped, btw), slightly higher jump than (1,2), and a clear build up in the song. Except it's 1/2.
- 00:39:790 (4,5,6) - This rhythm is wrong either way. The strong beats are 00:39:790 - 00:40:027 - 00:40:264 - and these are what should have been clicked. This would have been a perfect place to use 1/2 sliders that are 1/4 apart, not your weird rhythm. Also, space them properly or add a jump after them, because 00:40:106 (6,1) - looks like they are 1/4 apart because of the unnecessary jump on 00:39:869 (5,6) - and the confusing spacing on 00:39:158 (1,2,3,4,5) - right before.
- 00:41:053 (4,1) - I wouldn't consider this rankable in this context. There is no back-and-forth of any kind in the song at this moment that could justify and overlapping pattern like this.
00:42:316 (3,4,5) - THIS is what you should have done at 00:39:790 (4,5,6) - (minus the weird 1/4 slider, but that's my personal taste). THIS is cool.
- 00:44:211 (1,2,3,4) - Same as above. There is no back-and-forth of any kind at this point. Also, don't shorten the second one if you're going to use a pattern that is not directly sightreadable. This is counterintuitive and wrong. I don't mind the 1/4 sliderjumps at this point, they are correct, but don't hide one of them under another slider for the sake of having a confusing pattern that doesn't even fit.
- 00:46:422 (5,1,2,3,4) - Abusive 1/4, wrong pattern, again.
- 00:49:895 (4,6) - These are dangerously overlapping. Try to move (6) around to remove the confusing overlap.
- 00:56:843 (1,2,3) - *sigh*
- 00:57:790 (6,7,1) - Unnecessary and confusing anti-jumps. What are they even for ? They don't make sense.
- 00:58:422 (2,3,4) - *siigh*
- 01:00:948 (2,3) - This plays horribly because of the amazing lack of flow and counterintuitiveness of this movement. Also the slider is mostly hidden under 01:00:475 (5) - .
- 01:01:422 (1,2,3,4,5) - Seems that you chose to completely ignore the song for some random slider composition here again. Don't you think there's something wrong if you end up using a finish hitsound on a passive sliderend ? 01:03:948 (4,1,2,3,4) - Same goes for this.
note: at this point I gave up on trying to understand your comboing and give pointers to fix it. Rhythms are wrong most of the time and make proper comboing impossible.
- 01:09:475 (1,2) - These sliders are hideous. Why do they go back on themselves like that ? Because it follow the little voice. I don't think they are ugly
- 01:16:107 (2,3,4) - THIS is a case when this pattern fits because there is no important beat on the end of 01:16:107 (2) - and the slight jump emphasizes 01:16:343 (3) - *siiigh*
- 01:16:738 (5,1,2) - This is a correct use of this pattern, for once, and not just because you don't want an overlap. The end of 01:16:738 (5) - is clearly not emphasized in the song, while the slight jump emphasizes 01:16:975 (1) - which is good. 01:19:265 (5,1,2) - Same here.
- 01:24:002 (3) - If you want to be consistent with what you did just before, you should extend this slider.
- 01:26:212 (2,3,4) - *siiiigh*
- 01:28:896 (2,3) - That doesn't fit. Why not use a triple here like you did at 01:18:791 (2,3,4) - ? That would be the best way to go. Why do you keep changing the rhythms you use if the song's rhythms don't change at all ?
- 01:34:107 (3,4,5) - *siiiiigh* also this should have an extended (3/4) slider to stay consistent with 01:33:475 (1,2) -
- 01:36:633 (5,6,1) - Why does the spacing change like this ? This is really confusing.
- 01:49:107 (2,1) - Please stack properly.
- 01:52:423 (1) - This slider shouldn't be extended. There is a clear beat at 01:52:581 - while there is absolutely none on the 1/4 beat, so a triple wouldn't work either. And it's not consistent with 01:47:371 (1,2) - .
- 01:59:924 (2) - Inconsistent and overmapped 1/4. Check 01:50:529 (3,4) - and do the same rhythm, since it's the exact same rhythm in the song.
- 02:02:371 (7) - This should be a circle. Follow the song. Also it would be more consistent with 01:50:529 (3,4) - kinda.
- 02:07:266 (5,1,2) - *siiiiiigh*
- 02:11:055 (4) - Inconsistent, again. This part is full 1/2, there is no need for any 1/4.
- 02:11:687 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiigh*
- 02:13:187 (4) - Overmapped 1/4, again.
- 02:14:529 - why are you skipping this obvious note in the song that you never skipped before ?
- 02:14:371 (3,4,5) - *siiiiiiiigh*
- 02:21:793 (3,4,5) - This rhythm doesn't exist in the song and is confusing. You've only used 1/4 slider for jump triples in this part of the song like 02:20:056 (1,2) - . It should be a 5-note stream, which would be fitting, consistent with 02:19:266 (3,4,5,6) - and less confusing.
- 02:38:214 (3,4,5) - *siiiiiiiiigh*
- 02:39:477 (3,4,5) - *siiiiiiiiiigh*
- 02:40:425 (1,2,3) - *siiiiiiiiiiigh* also this 1/4 is overmapped
- 02:41:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - overmapped 1/4
- 02:42:319 (7,8,9) - *siiiiiiiiiiiigh* also this 1/4 is overmapped
- 02:43:267 (2,3) - All three notes of this triple (starting with the sliderend) should be emphasized. They stand out in the song as the first 1/4 notes in a while at this point (not in the map, alas), and should be emphasized in the map as well.
- 02:44:530 (2,3,4) - Same here !
- 02:45:477 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why is there a stream here ? I can't hear anything streamy in the song.
- 02:47:688 (5,1,2) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 02:49:425 (2) - Overmapped.
- 02:54:004 (7,1,2) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
note: at this point I also gave up on pointing out overmapped 1/4. The map is full of them.
- 02:55:267 (8,1,2) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:01:741 (1,2,3) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* AND the comboing is wrong, which probably lead to you having to use a sliderend as first object of this and lead to the use of this terrible pattern
- 03:02:688 (6) - I'm not sure if this is in the song or not, but either way, it's confusing and quite unnecessary.
- 03:09:794 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:12:320 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* seriously. This looks like 1/2 and SHOULD be 1/2. Why do you add unnecessary 1/4 everywhere ? This is horribly confusing.
- 03:23:689 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:30:005 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) - This is mapped over a silence in the song and it's a stream with a slider to make it extra confusing.
- 03:33:479 (1,2,3) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:54:005 (4,5,6) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:57:795 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 03:59:058 (2,3,4) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 04:00:637 (4,5,6) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 04:06:953 (3,4,5) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
- 04:08:216 (4,5,6) - *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
note: I completely gave up at this point.
Rhythms in this are incorrect most of the time and a majority of the map is overmapped. Rather than post a million times the same thing and sighing more than my lungs can handle, I'll just explain things to you directly. Please hit me up when I'm online, I'll make a stream and explain things there.
Could have been, but I would rather explain things to you directly in a livestream, as it's much easier for both of us. Contact me next week when you are available so that we can do that.
Kenterz wrote:(mother of mod #3 ?)
Probably, but it's mainly because there's a lot of gameplay issues, I'll try to fix them with Shiro this week end :3
Yales wrote:Why is it not ranked yet ?
Because you're not Chinese ?????????
Nice, waiting for that rank ! :3
Kenterz wrote:Probably, but it's mainly because there's a lot of gameplay issues, I'll try to fix them with Shiro this week end :3
Yales wrote:Why is it not ranked yet ?
Because you're not Chinese ?????????
Thank you so much <333
Yuzu- wrote:How come I never knew of this before?
Have my SP increase cookies~
Thanks for the mod <3 (hoping)
Shiro wrote:Much better !
I still have a few things to say about it (no time for a full mod), these are the major things I noticed:
00:35:369 (1,2) - kinda confusing, this 3/4 is the first appearance in the whole map so the spacing makes it looks like it's 1/2 before the next slider, you should compress this one and maybe the next few ones to make sure the player knows that 3/4 is a rhythm that is used
00:40:895 (3,2) - weirdly overlapping, this threw me off when playing
00:42:316 (3,4,5,6,1) - really weird rhythm, I'm not sure where it comes from, but it's confusing to play
00:50:132 (5,6) - kinda hidden again
00:59:369 (1) - this slider hides this stream 01:00:317 (3,4,5,6,1) - Q.Q
01:05:369 (5) - hidden under another circle/hitburst
02:37:898 (1,2,3) - super weird spacing
03:13:899 (3,4) - 03:15:162 (3,4) - these really really really really should be circles with jumps if you did that that part would be so awesome
03:40:268 (3) - this is minor but point this upwards to stay consistent with 03:39:952 (2) - it will be more intuitive
06:12:483 (6) - this doesnt make sense, theres nothing like this in the song
06:27:483 (5) - same, also hidden under hitbursts
06:52:061 (1) - should be 1/2 to stay consistent
07:02:453 (2) - hidden under 07:02:346 (1) -
07:52:596 (2) - this slider is hella weird, im not sure what it follows
i wish you had focused more on each particular song instead of going for a fairly blanket drum rhythm for the whole map, it makes it repetitive =(
It's quite hard to map, there's quite only the drums I can follow :c
OMG Merci Shiro <3
Shiro wrote:ill give this a chance and return the bubble
Sayaka- wrote:Tu m'as pas credit pour la technique du SV x0.25 D: *fuit*
No you're the 99th
Secretpipe wrote:100th post!
It means I can check again ?