forum

[Archived] Tablet random jumps and stops

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D3lt4_old
Hey,

I'm making this post because the problem still persists although I used all the solutions I could find :( .
I got myself a new tablet (Wacom CTH-480s) a week ago and noticed that during osu the cursor would randomly stop or jump sometimes.
When I was searching for a solution I found out that it had to do something with the Windows Tablet service interfering with the wacom software/driver.
First I tried disabling the "windows freehand"-option in the Wacom software without success. Then I disabled the wisptis.exe (Windows Ink Services Platform Tablet Input Subsystem) by naming it different in the System32 folder and by that preventing it from booting. Disabling the wisptis helped and the problem was gone .. until the next day.
Trying to fix the problem again, I found out that you can disable Windows-Functions with the Windows control panel. This helped only for one day again :?.
The next thing I tried was reinstalling the tablet software which helped until yesterday.I then used the solution in http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/87301/ successfully but today the problem returned once again and I'm getting really sick of it >:( . I now tried disabling the Tablet service with the link in http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/151363 through the services.mcs. Sadly it didn't work and now I don't know what to do :? .

My next guess would be that I either didn't disable the Tablet service of windows (or wisptis) correctly or that the tablet itself is faulty and that I have to exchange it.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I thought I'd ask if someone has another idea of fixing the problem (that will last longer than a day or two :P) before I exchange the tablet.
Thanks for reading and I hope someone has an idea :D.
buny
is this happening when you tap your tablet with the pen?
Topic Starter
D3lt4_old
During play I have the pen always touching the tablet so no tapping with the pen I guess
DeletedUser_3905941
Try and hover for a game, see if that fixes it (Probably won't)
I have the same tablet (Not pen) and I've had no problems, but it seems everyone says the drivers for the Intuos are a pile of crap.
Topic Starter
D3lt4_old
Hovering didn't work :p. And if the drivers are crap I dont think exchanging to another one would fix it either. :/
Wulfzz
You have the Intuos Pen and Touch, right? Maybe the touch is interfering with the pen-input. If there is touch, there should be a little switch on the top right corner of your tablet.
Hope I could help!
Topic Starter
D3lt4_old
No the touch is disabled. Thanks though for your suggestion :)