forum

Mirror Mod and Near poetic reasons implementation is a must.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +957
show more
Saint_old

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

P.S. still nobody came up with an idea for the image for the mirror mod?

r8
Noffy

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

I'm imagining as a nice CTB mod because Hard Rock's flip has no effect unless I failed to notice it.
Kayla

peppy wrote:

If this was implemented, it would need to have a score reduction in my opinion.
Unranked? ;~; I'd like it just to play maps mirrored.
Gigo

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

Flower
Why not try to improve your performance? lol.

Support if this is unranked or score reduced.
ChicagoTed
Heh.. I don't suppose there's any point trying to think of a way to implement a Mirror mod into Taiko? :P
Topic Starter
Raiku

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

Heh.. I don't suppose there's any point trying to think of a way to implement a Mirror mod into Taiko? :P
Some people might like to play taiko where the notes come from the other side!
Topic Starter
Raiku

dorothy3242 wrote:

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

I'm imagining as a nice CTB mod because Hard Rock's flip has no effect unless I failed to notice it.
Really nice creation for the icon!
NixXSkate
The mirror mod icon shall connect directly to your webcam and use the video as an icon.
NachOx
Support! :<
Lanturn
as long as the Beatmap's BG, SB, and Video all get mirrored. I'm totally in for this :D (7 mod here I come!)
GladiOol
Sounds like a fun practice mod, but by no means should this ever be a ranked mod. Patterns are made and intended as they are. Chaning it alters the map drastically and thus not making the map equal of an experience to every player. And because of that the scores cannot be equally based. Though I would like to see a whole lot of these practice mods. Target practice is insanely fun as well. Having a whole folder filled with these type of unranked mods would be dandy.
Topic Starter
Raiku

GladiOol wrote:

Sounds like a fun practice mod, but by no means should this ever be a ranked mod. Patterns are made and intended as they are. Chaning it alters the map drastically and thus not making the map equal of an experience to every player. And because of that the scores cannot be equally based. Though I would like to see a whole lot of these practice mods. Target practice is insanely fun as well. Having a whole folder filled with these type of unranked mods would be dandy.
agree
Big
Oh for the love of god please
For me it almost seems like my brain makes me try to create shortcuts in a map if I try it too many times, which leads to me lazily missing notes. This just sounds amazing!
Topic Starter
Raiku
Thanks!
Yukiteru Amano
How about making it a ranked mod with 0.9x then :)?
Karuta-_old_1

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Raiku wrote:

[Mirror Mod 2014]
p.s. After feedback I am backing the idea of unranked or x0.90 implementation. This idea does serve purpose as a fitting purveyor of variety.[/b]
This topic is pretty much concluded, now I would really want to see it being implement anytime in 2014 so i can start making people move their cursor in counter clock-wise direction
jesse1412

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Raiku wrote:

[Mirror Mod 2014]
p.s. After feedback I am backing the idea of unranked or x0.90 implementation. This idea does serve purpose as a fitting purveyor of variety.[/b]
This topic is pretty much concluded, now I would really want to see it being implement anytime in 2014 so i can start making people move their cursor in counter clock-wise direction
Concluded that it's a terrible idea for a ranked mod yes.
Coffee Hero
I don't see why anybody would use this for practice, it's literally the same map.
Akihiro
Also, mirror for osu!mania, most 8k maps are actually 7K+1 maps, the side of the special column actually matters
xarathas
If you're fine with the mod being unranked why not just do this?

It takes 5 seconds to flip a map this way, don't see the need for a new mod there if you want it to be unranked anyway
jesse1412

xarathas wrote:

If you're fine with the mod being unranked why not just do this?

It takes 5 seconds to flip a map this way, don't see the need for a new mod there if you want it to be unranked anyway
Exactly why it's kinda silly but it allows people to play the map mirrored with friends I guess.
Ryu Sei

GladiOol wrote:

Yes. This mod won't be a ranked mod except for o!m.
Garudah
Support.
Topic Starter
Raiku
lanturn and his allmods
Arras

Akihiro wrote:

Also, mirror for osu!mania, most 8k maps are actually 7K+1 maps, the side of the special column actually matters
Mirror for 7+1 typically only flips the 7 columns and leaves the special column untouched. (actually so does Random) Besides, you can move that one yourself through skin settings.
Jentle
It will be fun to see this mod but you can't get any score if you use it. The comparison between lefties asking for left-handed scissors and spinning clockwise vs anti-clockwise isn't related to this in my opinion. Each map has its nooks and everyone is different on what they find easy. You can't have a mod for everyone.
DansGame
It would definitely be a challenge, If it increases the score greatly I'd play it!
AlphaMix
I support this as well.
I made a post almost like this, and the idea behind it is great.
I'd love to see this mod! (Mirror)
Factorial
Bump this!
jesse1412

- Yuzuki - wrote:

It would definitely be a challenge, If it increases the score greatly I'd play it!
It shouldn't be ranked but feel free to still play it.
Factorial
A Special Mod with just 1x multiplier. (Some players might take advantage of this)
jesse1412

Neil Leo wrote:

A Special Mod with just 1x multiplier. (Some players might take advantage of this)
Unranked or not at all. I really have no compromise here, unlike with other requests.
Jerome
Honestly I'm expecting someone to bring out a simple app that flips your screen and inverts your cursor movement so you can imitate this feature.
Vuelo Eluko

Jeromelol wrote:

Honestly I'm expecting someone to bring out a simple app that flips your screen and inverts your cursor movement so you can imitate this feature.
you can change the handedness of your tablet and flip your monitor from monitor settings to imitate this
and theres no way that can be against the rules
so imo the mod doesnt need to be unranked
PyaKura
Lmao seriously ?

You expect a mod to be ranked because you can already use 3rd party softwares to flip your screen/handedness/whatever else to do that ? I wonder how you guys are thinking, and I'm not even playing std lol.

This should be either unranked or not happening. I know I'd use this everyday in mania (if it was to be implemented for it as well) and I couldn't care less about it being unranked since I spend 75% of my time on unranked and unsubmitted maps although we can already ctrl A and ctrl H the whole thing.
Vuelo Eluko
flipping your screen is actually something you can do from the OS, changing the handedness is from drivers. it doesnt require any real time or effort or third party downloads beyond what you already need to play osu in the first place. considering how easy it is to replicate there's no reason to make it unranked imo.

although it goes both ways, if its so easy to do it in a way that isnt unranked, there's really no reason to implement it as a ranked mod either, I suppose.
Yarissa

Riince wrote:

flipping your screen is actually something you can do from the OS, changing the handedness is from drivers. it doesnt require any real time or effort or third party downloads beyond what you already need to play osu in the first place. considering how easy it is to replicate there's no reason to make it unranked imo.

although it goes both ways, if its so easy to do it in a way that isnt unranked, there's really no reason to implement it as a ranked mod either, I suppose.
The cursor generally will have mirrored movements as well when you do that.
jesse1412

Kaoru wrote:

Riince wrote:

The cursor generally will have mirrored movements as well when you do that.
Nope, it works perfectly. That doesn't mean we should encourage it though.
Fangslash
i got an Idea :P make an alternate hardrock mod(like the difference with dt & nc) with this mirror mod
in other word, maybe add an option to flip the map vertically with hardrock instead of horizontally?
show more