forum

PP Jumps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Valdyr
First of all I'd just like to point out beforehand that I'm not some pp hoarder (or at least, I'm trying not to be one ._.) but this unusual thing happened and wanted to ask if anyone had the same experience or know what that was.

Basically I'm a lowbie at like 900pp and I've been playing maps, putting scores up here and there but mostly practicing, and when I logged in one day my pp went from 900 to 1050. I didn't know why that happened cause I hadn't uploaded a score recently so I just played along and after a few days it went back to 913 so uh, no idea what happened.

Anything happened to you? What's the cause of this? :D
Inflamedmercury
At the time the pp algorith was being changed and inadvertidly increased everybodies rank for some reason abit after that it was fixed and everybody was put back to where they belonged with the improved algorithm
Myke B
Go check gameplay & rankings there are literally at least 10 posts about the same thing. Try to check to see if someone else has already posted something similar before posting next time :) you might just be able to get your answer without waiting.
E14
mine too, my pp was 2023 then quickly jumped to 2035 after i logged in the game. maybe there are two hypotheses:

1. PP calculation is still ongoing and adjusting...
or
2. when you got a high song ranking in a qualified map then a week later it goes for a ranked status. for this, the increase of pp is only recognized for the "RANKED" maps rather than qualified (high chances of score wipeouts). that would be explain for now...
MrBakpao
my first PP is 43K++ and after i play 1 song (i'm forget what name~) my PP absolutly move to 37K++~
but i got rank B in that song, so i try again to get rank S.
after i get rank S, my PP it's change to 41K++

i don't know why, but i think it's just some error~