forum

Tapping getting less consistent, what should I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana
Been playing a crapton of stream-maps recently and just a day or 2 ago, I noticed I occasionally miss notes due to a certain motorics error, that being my middle finger stopping completely halfway through a tap, which basically causes a big error in the rhythm, due to me missing a note. (<--- longest single sentence ever?) So what should I do, take a break? Am rather bad with taking breaks though so I might not manage a whole week... but I could mouse only for a week and then go back to the sense making left handed tapping... Thanks in advance, I really need some help due to knowing nothing of human biology, anatomy, etc.

Would have posted a picture of the keyboard if I had anything I could show the shining-ness of my zx,sd,we with.
-Maru
If you're having issues with stopping completely halfway through a tap, what I would do is keep trying until I get it right. Practice makes perfect is just what I'm going with :P
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana

Nekoloch wrote:

If you're having issues with stopping completely halfway through a tap, what I would do is keep trying until I get it right. Practice makes perfect is just what I'm going with :P
I didn't mention in the first post, but I at a point could do 210 bpm 1/4 (for about 50 or so notes, consisently) and now can fail a song at 185 bpm 1/4 due to this error which really bugs me
-Maru
Have you been excessively popping your fingers or not at all?
Popping my fingers usually can help with things like that, but I'm not a doctor at all. :?
Have you tried switching which fingers you use?
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana

Nekoloch wrote:

Have you been excessively popping your fingers or not at all?
Popping my fingers usually can help with things like that, but I'm not a doctor at all. :?
Have you tried switching which fingers you use?
Can't really play with anything else than middle finger + index finger combo....
I did once try ring finger + middle finger but quit the song due to messing up easy notes...
As for popping, I play with either a separate keyboard that has rather "deep" keys so I need to pop or my laptop's keys so tapping becomes impossible at fast speeds if I pop (try it XD)