forum

Mouse Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Athrun
About a week ago, I started playing with mouse + keyboard

When I made the change, I suddenly got worse at completing spinners.
Could someone give me some tips for spinners for mouse users??
Venumidas
Training and exercising, nothing else works.
Tenshichan
You could try to find a dpi/sens you are the most comfortable with. It needs to be a balance since you don't want to change a setting only focussing on the spinner, so you might get worse with your aim etc.
Noobsicle
try to make little circles, plant your wrist down while spinning and welcome carpal tunnel, spin counter-clockwise if you aren't already (or clockwise if that's more comfortable for you)

and this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/110052
Breiz
play more. much more.
Blueprint
spin slow and just complete the spinner :/ thats my advice I suck at mouse
AmaiHachimitsu

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Anti-clockwise is more natural for right-handed people, thus I recommend trying it out, matter of practice.

As to technique, use a vibration-like movement with the part connecting wrist to your arm as the place where most of the weight should be placed. Move forward/back with your arm and make those movements into circles with your wrist/fingers.
That one is for the most common IMO grip, claw or claw-like grip.
Myke B
you changed from tablet or changed from completely mouse?
buny
get a tablet
Breiz

buny wrote:

get a tablet
better draw circles in the air man! that's how to play this game for real.
NoYzE
Disable Mouse acceleration.
Kaitou Kid
you should spin from the bone that kinda sticks out at the bottom of your hand next to the thumb bone. if you dont know what i mean i'll try to explain it better. with a picture
Pacze
If you got worse cause now u do spinners by pressing "x" or "z", then you can simply keep doing spinners by clicking them, as if you played with mouse only, like before (the way people grab the mouse is different if they don't need to click).

If you can't/don't want to click on spinners to complete them, then you will have to practice it again with your new play style (what AmaiHachimitsu said some posts before could be really helpful). I strongly recommend that you shouldn't try to get the same speed you had before right now. Do them slowly, I know you will be losing some score points there but if you gradually increase the speed over the days it will be easier for you to learn it again. The speed you're looking for will eventually come back.

Also trying different mouse grabbing methods could lead to interesting different results (with osu! in general, not only spinners), but this varies from one person to other so it's up to you to try it.

Good luck!~
Topic Starter
Athrun
Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!
I'm getting better too!