forum

Cold hands improve tapping speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
Curious if anyone else is like this? Whenever my left hand (tapping hand) is cold I'm more capable of streaming at a higher bpm for a longer duration. When my left hand is warmer, I seem to have a harder time streaming at a high bpm.
Soulg
oh god no if my left hand is cold i cant even stream 100 bpm
GoldenWolf
It happens when my hand is really cold, so by the time I get it warm enough I am also too tired to play anymore
Weed
it feels like weights are on my fingers when I try to play with cold hands
Mizuno Yui
My fingers are slow and retarded when cold. Both singletap and streaming included.
:/
buny

Soulg wrote:

this, but some people are actually better in the cold

rip rii
Myke B
This is completely new to me - hearing that someone does better when cold. I can't do shit when my hands are cold.
uzzi

Myke B wrote:

This is completely new to me - hearing that someone does better when cold. I can't do shit when my hands are cold.
Word.
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
I don't know if it's that I do better but more like I somehow have more control, maybe? I say this because I'm able to stream at a higher bpm CONSISTENTLY rather than getting a few 100s and 50s in a long stream.
Ekaru

[ Zan ] wrote:

I don't know if it's that I do better but more like I somehow have more control, maybe? I say this because I'm able to stream at a higher bpm CONSISTENTLY rather than getting a few 100s and 50s in a long stream.
Sounds like when your hands are cold you concentrate more than usual because you're worried that the cold will screw you up. It could also be that the cold stops your fingers from just mashing willy-nilly and forces them to make controlled taps.
Coffee Hero
I don't even understand the whole cold/ warm hands thing. It's all the same to me.
Yano
Can't play with cold hands ... and everyday after work I have cold hands :o

I can only play good at weekends when my hands are warm
[ Katsu ]
Hands are cold = game is impossible
Mamoru Senpai
No difference if warm or cold. Guess I'm lucky.
Merow
can't do anything when my hands are warm :) i think im weird u.u
iambs
Well, scientifically speaking you shouldn't be able to play so well when you are cold. Your blood would flow mainly to your vital organs and since blood carries oxygen it would be a bit harder to move.
From personal experience I can't even full combo normal maps when very cold.
chanhien
I can actually stream and jump faster when my body is shaking of cold (not too) or nervousness,It's weird tho.I think my country's weather affected me
PlasticSmoothie
My fingers are a bunch of useless sausages if they're cold.
pattrik
I can generally stream a bit faster with cold fingers, but the streams aren't as accurate nor as consistent.

I can't single tap as fast with cold fingers though...
Spyrunite
I can usually warm up fairly fast just by playing some streamy maps or fast singletap maps but while my fingers are still cold I get nothing.
[ Stellar ]
How to play osu when your hands are cold.
I feel like I'm laying down bricks when I play with cold hands. :roll:
Guru
i cant play osu due to cold weather D:
iderekmc

[ Zan ] wrote:

Curious if anyone else is like this? Whenever my left hand (tapping hand) is cold I'm more capable of streaming at a higher bpm for a longer duration. When my left hand is warmer, I seem to have a harder time streaming at a high bpm.
thats why www and thelewA are so good, look where they live xDDDDDD (also cos its so cold they dont go out of their house xD)
Burnt Toast_old
I stream better in the cold too. I sometimes go outside to play in the cold until 9. I made some of my best scores in the cold. I go outside to play in the cold because my room is so hottttt ;-;
Ryuti

Soulg wrote:

ixsq
Protip: Stick your fingers up your butt to get it warm and ready for a long osu! session. Cookiezi developed this technique.

Cookiezi wrote:

Instant 9000 BPM streaming!!