forum

Any ways to improve at accuracy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Almost

Mathsma wrote:

Make all your maps OD10 and play like that forever until you want to rank.
Why do people think this is a good idea? Unless you're striving for good accuracy, just playing OD10 all the time isn't going to improve you much, it'd only improve you as much as playing any other OD. Doing what Soulg posted is the best way to get good accuracy and you do with it the ODs you are comfortable with first before increasing them.
NotCookie_old
play low AR yo
Myke B

NotCookie wrote:

play low AR yo
fuuuck that. low ar won't get you anywhere with acc in the long run. As soon as you leave the low AR - you will get fucked.
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

NotCookie wrote:

play low AR yo
fuuuck that. low ar won't get you anywhere with acc in the long run. As soon as you leave the low AR - you will get fucked.
That's not true at all. Low AR improves your reading, and to get high accuracy on it you need to actually pay attention to the approach circles + music. High AR is just like whack a mole.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

NotCookie wrote:

play low AR yo
Bad reading can lower accuracy. Low AR will indirectly increase your accuracy on more difficult to read songs.
Myke B
alright, you go practice ez mod for a year and tell me how that goes. There are better options than playing ez mod, and I personally think EZ mod is cool to watch, but not practical in the long run. What soulg said is the best option.
AmaiHachimitsu
reading helps you guess the patterns, reading itself doesn't help with accuracy directly.

You must understand the theory of rhythm, feel the meter etc. usually it comes with experience.
Myke B

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

reading helps you guess the patterns, reading itself doesn't help with accuracy directly.

You must understand the theory of rhythm, feel the meter etc. usually it comes with experience.
thank you
Soulg
this is now a "how do i get faster?" thread
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

this is now a "how do i get faster?" thread
No. I removed the "i'll play dt part" because I wasn't thinking when I wrote it. I changed it before you posted this.
Saint_old
learn to alternate
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

alright, you go practice ez mod for a year and tell me how that goes. There are better options than playing ez mod, and I personally think EZ mod is cool to watch, but not practical in the long run. What soulg said is the best option.
Low AR =/= EZ mod, look at the majority of old school maps. It's the same method as what soulg recommended, but with low AR.

soz forgot, only AR10 200bpm+ allowed
Myke B

NotCookie wrote:

Myke B wrote:

Low AR =/= EZ mod, look at the majority of old school maps. It's the same method as what soulg recommended, but with low AR.

soz forgot, only AR10 200bpm+ allowed
Alright, bro - go have fun with your "low" ar maps. You don't have to be playing ar10 to improve accuracy lol. Reading =/= directly affect acc.
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

Alright, bro - go have fun with your sub 8 ar maps. You don't have to be playing ar10 to improve accuracy lol. Reading =/= directly affect acc.
Your accuracy is limited by how well you can read. If your ability to read the map/approach circles is poor, then you're only going to be able to get so accurate. While improving reading doesn't have to directly lead to an increase in accuracy, the two are mutually related. Good way to improve both at the same time? Oldschool maps.
WeedMaster_old

Mathsma wrote:

Can confirm, this works.
Myke B

NotCookie wrote:

Myke B wrote:

Alright, bro - go have fun with your sub 8 ar maps. You don't have to be playing ar10 to improve accuracy lol. Reading =/= directly affect acc.
Your accuracy is limited by how well you can read. If your ability to read the map/approach circles is poor, then you're only going to be able to get so accurate. While improving reading doesn't have to directly lead to an increase in accuracy, the two are mutually related. Good way to improve both at the same time? Oldschool maps.
Generally people can read higher than what they can actually play well. Just because you can read something, doesn't mean you can do it. Sure if you can't read for shit, you might want to start somewhere like old maps, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to learn something like acc.
Soulg

WeedMaster wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

Can confirm, this works.
this man knows what he's talking about. he's korean.
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

Sure if you can't read for shit, you might want to start somewhere like old maps, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to learn something like acc.
Not sure if implying that old maps are only for people bad at reading...Why do you think players like WWW are so good at reading? Play(ed) old maps.
Soulg

NotCookie wrote:

Myke B wrote:

Sure if you can't read for shit, you might want to start somewhere like old maps, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to learn something like acc.
Not sure if implying that old maps are only for people bad at reading...Why do you think players like WWW are so good at reading? Play(ed) old maps.
www is also better at reading than all of the other players that were around when old maps were just maps.

correlation =/= causation
Myke B
Not only that, but the idea of what is "good" has changed a lot since back then. There are better maps nowadays to practice on. We have the technology, we can practice harder stuff while still improving acc.

Edit: also, why are people hating on speed so much? What's wrong if someone wants to be crazy fast?
Icyteru
play 2008 maps on HR
NotCookie_old

Soulg wrote:

www is also better at reading than all of the other players that were around when old maps were just maps.

correlation =/= causation
We're using anecdotes to base arguments, isn't that how this forum works? I'll use another flaw in logic this forum loves: Hasty generalizations.

Generally, said players that were around when old maps were just maps, can read better than ones who weren't.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Generally people can read higher than what they can actually play well. Just because you can read something, doesn't mean you can do it. Sure if you can't read for shit, you might want to start somewhere like old maps, but you shouldn't have to go out of your way to learn something like acc.
If your reading is bad like mine then you have to learn reading to further your accuracy. I have problems competing in accuracy against players when playing hard insanes even though I can manage a lot lower UR and achieve smaller hit errors compared to them on easier maps.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

Myke B wrote:

If your reading is bad like mine then you have to learn reading to further your accuracy. I have problems competing in accuracy against players when playing hard insanes even though I can manage a lot lower UR and achieve smaller hit errors compared to them on easier maps.
Well then I have nothing to say if you can't read AR that well. If the OP can't read AR well, then that's a different story. he's asking how he can improve his acc, and you guy are assuming that he can't read.

NotCookie wrote:

We're using anecdotes to base arguments, isn't that how this forum works? I'll use another flaw in logic this forum loves: Hasty generalizations.

Generally, said players that were around when old maps were just maps, can read better than ones who weren't.
No. Using ww as an example is stupid, because he had no choice but to play old maps back then lol.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Well then I have nothing to say if you can't read AR that well. If the OP can't read AR well, then that's a different story. he's asking how he can improve his acc, and you guy are assuming that he can't read.
I'm just backing up that reading does have something to do with accuracy, not really directing my comments to the OP.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

Myke B wrote:

I'm just backing up that reading does have something to do with accuracy, not really directing my comments to the OP.
They are somewhat related obviously, but there's no direct correlation that shows when you increase your reading, you will automatically increase your acc.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Almost wrote:

They are somewhat related obviously, but there's no direct correlation that shows when you increase your reading, you will automatically increase your acc.
It won't show on maps you find easy to read, only on more difficult to read maps.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

It won't show on maps you find easy to read, only on more difficult to read maps.
sure, but he isn't looking to be able to play harder maps, he's asking how to improve his acc on what I assume are the maps he's already playing at his level.
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

Almost wrote:

sure, but he isn't looking to be able to play harder maps, he's asking how to improve his acc on what I assume are the maps he's already playing at his level.
You sure do like assuming things. How about just going with advice that is generally informative, and then the OP can make the decision based on constructive input?
Myke B
I assume things? How ironic coming from what you've said. I'm literally basing my advice off what he has said. I cannot say the same for you.
NotCookie_old
I never assumed that the OP was bad at reading maps, you just decided that it was my intention.

My intention was to share information that was passed to me, that playing oldschool maps can help greatly improve your reading and accuracy, as you actually have to go with the rhythm of the music + READ the approach rate, on most old school songs. Reading can help you with accuracy, is the point of the post. Then in came the osu messiah, MykeB, on his tangent of "ohohoho my way is only numero uno huehuehuehue reading is for nooberinos xddd".
Myke B

NotCookie wrote:

I never assumed that the OP was bad at reading maps, you just decided that it was my intention.

My intention was to share information that was passed to me, that playing oldschool maps can help greatly improve your reading and accuracy, as you actually have to go with the rhythm of the music + READ the approach rate, on most old school songs. Reading can help you with accuracy, is the point of the post. Then in came the osu messiah, MykeB, on his tangent of "ohohoho my way is only numero uno huehuehuehue reading is for nooberinos xddd".
Alright simmer down big boy. Nobody here is claiming that there way is right lol. You seem to be taking this very serious and personally. I said I agree with what soulg and AmaiHachimitsu said lol. You can stop being hypocritical at any time.

edit: I'm done posting specifically towards you, there is no point. You can msg me if you still want to take this personally for some reason.
NotCookie_old

Myke B wrote:

Alright simmer down big boy. Nobody here is claiming that there way is right lol. You seem to be taking this very serious and personally. I said I agree with what soulg and AmaiHachimitsu said lol. You can stop being hypocritical at any time.

edit: I'm done posting specifically towards you, there is no point. You can msg me if you still want to take this personally.
Your passive aggression is adorbs ;)
darkmiz
play every map with hidden
Myke B

darkmiz wrote:

play every map with hidden
I forgot about this, this can help acc on streams especially.
OzzyOzrock
Well, if you do that you lose the practice your eyes get for when to hit the notes as they approach your hit circle.

I actually recommend playing maps that aren't taiko maps, and practicing getting good accuracy with 1/2 stuff. Then you can approach the 1/4 streams and such which are the same but with your left hand involved. Having good rhythm with one hand sets up a flow that'll let you hit things a bit more accurately.
Myke B

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Well, if you do that you lose the practice your eyes get for when to hit the notes as they approach your hit circle.

I actually recommend playing maps that aren't taiko maps, and practicing getting good accuracy with 1/2 stuff. Then you can approach the 1/4 streams and such which are the same but with your left hand involved. Having good rhythm with one hand sets up a flow that'll let you hit things a bit more accurately.
Well, if you learn meter then you almost done need approach circles, no?
buny
disregard accuracy acquire speed
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Well, if you learn meter then you almost done need approach circles, no?
If you play only hidden for a large amount of time you screw up your reading, well at least I did.

buny wrote:

disregard accuracy acquire speed
So true...
Myke B
Hm.. I've never played HD for long amounts of times so I wouldn't know if it would really affect me.
show more