forum

Full alternaters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Are there any top players who full alternate?
Not can full alternate just rather does full alternate, it's just my curiosity because
I have not seen 1 in replays.

ranks 0-100 0-10k
ksg
SiLviA comes to mind off the top of my head. Inactive but worth mentioning IMO.
Mathsma
Metro
Myke B
If you're asking this because you want to know if alternating is a viable option in the long run - yes. Just like dragging, it's the minority, but you can still do just as good as the majority (hovering).
Topic Starter
Blueprint

Myke B wrote:

If you're asking this because you want to know if alternating is a viable option in the long run - yes. Just like dragging, it's the minority, but you can still do just as good as the majority (hovering).
Just out of curiosity I primarily full alternate but I'm practising single
Weed
i used to full alternate (~19000 plays) but now I try to singletap. anything >260bpm i probably alternate just because its more comfortable
ityka
afaik HAUHAU, doctorindark and silvia all full alternate. vi britannia did too (rip)
Saint_old
that's me
watch my replay on this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/118661 i guess
Soulg

ityka wrote:

afaik HAUHAU, doctorindark and silvia all full alternate. vi britannia did too (rip)
vi brittania cheated wildly
Gigo
0OoMickeyoO0 is also a full alternator. ;)
buny
nearly everybody alternates when it's easier
i.e. nearly every 0108 style replay

there aren't many full alternators because it simply seems inferior to single tapping if you can
JAKACHAN

buny wrote:

there aren't many full alternators because it simply seems inferior to single tapping if you can
No, it is not inferior it is just typically more comfortable to single tap. Sync, Metro, and Silvia all alternated and they all had high accuracies as well.

In fact, typically learning how to alternate gives you a much easier time on maps where you have to alternate seeing as how you are used to combining alternating with cursor movement.
Myke B

JAKACHAN wrote:

buny wrote:

No, it is not inferior it is just typically more comfortable to single tap. Sync, Metro, and Silvia all alternated and they all had high accuracies as well.

In fact, typically learning how to alternate gives you a much easier time on maps where you have to alternate seeing as how you are used to combining alternating with cursor movement.
I was able to notice this when I tried alternating for a couple of weeks. can confirm.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I usually just full alternate when the whole map is cramped with no spacing I don't like these maps.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I discovered I am pretty op with my index after copying thelewa do something that looks silly to me,, can't alternate from it though xD

I encourage you try what he's doing with his pinky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN3GbwpYtA
buny

JAKACHAN wrote:

buny wrote:

isn't that a reason why it seems inferior then?

also on the 2nd statement, that really only applies to slow streams
Myke B
Yea, but the inferior-ness is negligible imo.
Mathsma

buny wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

Someone is going to misunderstand you again and it's going to start single tapping vs alternating debate.
Almost

buny wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

I think JAKACHAN was referring to the fact that more people tend to find single tapping natural compared to alternating and the fact that a large majority of top players single tap makes people think that single tapping is superior even though there really isn't any basis behind it.
Mikelicious

Mathsma wrote:

Metro
buny
comfortability is never negligible.

i understand that some players find alternating much easier than single tapping, but nearly no pro player will go out of their way doing something they don't feel comfortable doing. so the superiority/inferiority is completely subjective to each person

i'm not saying that one is better than the other with my first post btw, i simply mean that, taking in my previous statement, a lot more players will find alternating to be inferior to single tapping, purely because of their own comforts in each method
Myke B

buny wrote:

comfortability is never negligible.

i understand that some players find alternating much easier than single tapping, but nearly no pro player will go out of their way doing something they don't feel comfortable doing. so the superiority/inferiority is completely subjective to each person

i'm not saying that one is better than the other with my first post btw, i simply mean that, taking in my previous statement, a lot more players will find alternating to be inferior to single tapping, purely because of their own comforts in each method
If the superiority/inferiority is completely subjective, then why can't a little bit of comfort be negligible?
buny
because the method you choose to use in the end is the one you are most comfortable with
Myke B

buny wrote:

because the method you choose to use in the end is the one you are most comfortable with
Maybe and probably, but doesn't subjective mean that some people may sacrifice a bit of comfort for something that is better?
buny
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"
synonyms: personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive More
antonyms: objective
dependent on the mind or on an individual's perception for its existence.

nope
what you are thinking of is probably objective
Myke B
I only said subjective, because that's what you said.

Buny wrote:

so the superiority/inferiority is completely subjective to each person
whether you think alternating is inferior or not is pretty subjective, don't ya think? I mean there are things like "most players single tap" to back it up, but also most players hover instead of drag, but that doesn't mean dragging is inferior.
show more