forum

[Rule Change]Vocaloid Character should be added in the title

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser
Some producers (like DECO*27, etc) put on the artist or title tag the Vocaloid names. That means, osu! always try to keep the "original tag format", so, the prohibition of putting the vocaloid name on the title it's self-contradictory.

So, I suggest allowance of "Producer feat. VOCALOIDNAME" or "Song Name (feat. VOCALOIDNAME)" as in the original album.

For songs with Vocaloid, Vocaloid name may be in the artist field in the format "feat Vocaloid Producer Name." (Example:. Livetune ft Hatsune Miku) or Title field in format (songname (feat. VOCALOIDNAME )) (example: Just be friends (feat. Megurine Luka))
Discuss.
Winek
I'm with you cloud \o/
gosh ><
Lust
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/121179

:x

Well, I mean if the composer specifically listed that as that how it should be, then I see no problem. I think the main reason we stopped doing things like this is because vocaloids aren't actually artists. It'd be silly having an inanimate object put in as the artist alongside the real composer. Following that logic, it would be appropriate to add all instruments used in the artist. Its fine how it is, having to put the vocaloid in the tags.
neonat
Just leave it as original title and artist as the almighty rule which can not be overruled by any other, thus if the vocaloid name is mentioned, then just use it.
Gato

Lust wrote:

Well, I mean if the composer specifically listed that as that how it should be, then I see now problem. I think the main reason we stopped doing things like this is because vocaloids aren't actually artists.
We are not talking about the "existance of vocaloid as artist". The issue is that we must respect the original title.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tell- ... d491291344
Lust

Gato wrote:

Lust wrote:

Well, I mean if the composer specifically listed that as that how it should be, then I see now problem. I think the main reason we stopped doing things like this is because vocaloids aren't actually artists.
We are not talking about the "existance of vocaloid as artist". The issue is that we must respect the original title.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tell- ... d491291344
did you not read the thread I linked? i think they are preeeeetty similar in content. having feat. Hatsune Miku or whatever makes Hatsune Miku an artist in her own right, which she isnt. shes a voice synthesizer
Sephibro
I agree with Lust, vocaloids are NOT artists

Artists have to use that format because they have no thing like Tags; since osu has, i don't see why shouldn't we use it instead of appending unnecessary things after Artist name or Title

SPOILER
18:43 Cloudchaser: t/184978
18:46 Cloudchaser: ;;
18:46 Sephibro: uhm
18:46 Sephibro: im thinking about it
18:47 Sephibro: because the title is just the part without the "feat vocaloidname"
18:47 Cloudchaser: I meant
18:47 Sephibro: that additional part is to tell what vocaloid they used for the song
18:47 Cloudchaser: the artist field
18:48 Sephibro: imo it is good as it is now
18:48 Sephibro: artist is the name of the artist or artists
18:48 Cloudchaser: No, I'm not agreed
18:48 Cloudchaser: osu tries to follow the original form
18:48 Cloudchaser: of the songs
18:48 Sephibro: and the vocaloid(s) he uses can go in the tags
18:48 Cloudchaser: why not vocaloid ones?
18:49 Sephibro: in fact the original form would be for example
18:49 Sephibro: Hachioji P - Game Over
18:49 Cloudchaser: https://itunes.apple.com/album/horizon- ... mpt=uo%3D5
18:49 Sephibro: Hatsune Miku can go among the tags
18:50 Sephibro: yeah i saw that
18:50 Sephibro: but it's the only place where they can put the vocaloid name
18:50 Sephibro: here on osu there's the tag
18:50 Cloudchaser: that's stupid
18:50 Sephibro: imo it's a thing in plus, not a thing in less
18:50 Cloudchaser: then
18:50 Cloudchaser: all the feat artist
18:51 Cloudchaser: SHOULD be added in tags
18:51 Cloudchaser: that's you want to say
18:51 Sephibro: nope
18:51 Sephibro: because in the case of vocaloids
18:51 Sephibro: they are NOT artists
18:51 Sephibro: they are instruments
18:51 Sephibro: for example
18:52 *Sephibro is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/57528 Yuyoyuppe feat. Hanatan - Palette]
18:52 Cloudchaser: I know they are but we MUST respect the artist
18:52 Sephibro: here it is good, because hanatan is an artist
18:52 Cloudchaser: form
18:52 Cloudchaser: she isn't the artist
18:52 Cloudchaser: she is a singer
18:52 Sephibro: she's the singer
18:52 Cloudchaser: Yuppe is the artist
18:52 Sephibro: so she's an artist
18:52 Cloudchaser: he composed the song and everything
18:52 Sephibro: yes
18:53 Sephibro: but the feat. hanatan gives credit to the singer too
18:53 Cloudchaser: returning what i was saying
18:53 Cloudchaser: why not feat. Megurine Luka then?
18:53 Sephibro: because megurine luka is not an artist
18:53 Sephibro: it's a program
18:53 Cloudchaser: but she sings the song
18:54 Sephibro: no she doesn't sing the song
18:54 Sephibro: the composer programs it to play like an instrument
18:54 Cloudchaser: then
18:54 Cloudchaser: she's doing random things?
18:54 Cloudchaser: nopls
18:55 Sephibro: i'm not supporting this
18:55 Sephibro: it would be a step behind from the actual rule
18:55 Sephibro: sorry
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

Sephibro wrote:

Artists have to use that format because they have no thing like Tags; since osu has, i don't see why shouldn't we use it instead of appending unnecessary things after Artist name or Title

SPOILER
18:47 Sephibro: because the title is just the part without the "feat vocaloidname"
18:47 Sephibro: that additional part is to tell what vocaloid they used for the song
18:52 *Sephibro is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/57528 Yuyoyuppe feat. Hanatan - Palette]
I will use an example what i used with Lust
If i have a song called Cloud feat. an Eggpland what it doesn't exist - crappysong you must respect my form, even if the eggplant doesn't sing or exist it's MY own creation and you have to follow it. That goes for Vocaloid songs too.
Sephibro
Again - the title has nothing to do with the "feat. vocaloidname". They put the vocaloid's name there because they can't put it elsewhere; fortunately we have tags here on osu to help us keep titles cleaner and smoother
Gato

Sephibro wrote:

SPOILER
Insist, the problem is NOT the existence of an artist. Even we can't know if a producer is really one person or more.

THE POINT IS we must keep the original sense. Also, it works for all "featured" songs. The social phenom of Vocaloid was born by people that makes song FOR A VIRTUAL SINGER. AND THATS THE POINT, that's the only existance that we need.
We need to keep the original source (album, compilation, etc) and, of course, the original name/artist.

Regards.
Lust

Loctav wrote:

Also due to copyright issues, it's prohibited to put Hatsune Miku as artist if she isn't officially labeled by YAMAHA as one.
Having Hatsune Miku or other vocaloids in the artist violates this
Gato

Lust wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Also due to copyright issues, it's prohibited to put Hatsune Miku as artist if she isn't officially labeled by YAMAHA as one.
Having Hatsune Miku or other vocaloids in the artist violates this
NOPE. The artist can use the name of the vocaloid if they purchased and registred them. Also, it varies from every voicebank.

Also, almost the 90% of the songs in osu! are licensed and being downloaded ilegally. Don't use that argument.
Natsu

Sephibro wrote:

Again - the title has nothing to do with the "feat. vocaloidname". They put the vocaloid's name there because they can't put it elsewhere; fortunately we have tags here on osu to help us keep titles cleaner and smoother
I totally agree with this also vocaloids aren't actually artists, they are instruments. The rule it's fine how it is, IMO.
Lach
Isn't it a rule to use official metadata cited by an official source? (even though some people fail to do this)

What about if it's listed in the booklet or on the CD cover? You're then butchering the correct title as the artist intended if you don't include it how it is written. I understand that it's almost like writting "SomeDickhead-P feat. Drum Kit", but wasn't the original rule only to stop people putting JUST Hastune Miku as the artist?
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

Lach wrote:

Isn't it a rule to use official metadata cited by an official source? (even though some people fail to do this)

What about if it's listed in the booklet or on the CD cover? You're then butchering the correct title as the artist intended if you don't include it how it is written. I understand that it's almost like writting "SomeDickhead-P feat. Drum Kit", but wasn't the original rule only to stop people putting JUST Hastune Miku as the artist?
^^^^ That
+1
Tear
Wow this again.
Every time, this is a battle of two sides - one wants correctness of simple Composer - Title, the other wants convenience of having the vocaloid somewhere actually visible, because the usage of a vocaloid is what almost everyone cares about. If someone wants vocaloid, they don't want to look at the tags of every song to find out if it uses one.
Sadly, people in charge of osu don't care much for convenience. /topic
Lust
@Lach
Heres what the current ranking criteria say

Vocaloid names must never go in Artist or Source. Instead, use the composer of said song with "Vocaloid" as Artist, the Vocaloid name can go in the tags
If I interpret this correctly, they should not be the artist at all, even if its the right metadata. There may be a rule having to use correct metadata, but if we abide by this it infringes on another. One can make the argument that this is only for having just the vocaloid name as an artist, if so, then the change should be calling for clearer rules regarding this.
Kytoxid
I believe the rule for artist/title coming from an official source should hold higher priority over this rule.
neonat

Kytoxid wrote:

I believe the rule for artist/title coming from an official source should hold higher priority over this rule.
Which is why I don't understand why some people are so persistent and insist in having the feat. removed and having the vocaloid placed in tags when on the album or songs details given by the actual CD show otherwise.

Like I said earlier,

neonat wrote:

Just leave it as original title and artist as the almighty rule which can not be overruled by any other, thus if the vocaloid name is mentioned, then just use it.
Stefan
It just surprise me that some people are talking after months when this topic is finalizied again about it. Okay so again: We're basically talking about if Instruments can be added to the Title or Artist area because the composer did that. Well I simply say no. The best reason is:

Sephibro wrote:

There is honestly nothing more to add at this point. There were more as long enough discussions what is wrong having Hatsune Miku, GUMI, etc. as Artists (or placed in the Title) and what would speak for it but the arguments and the decision was surely more for forbidding these synthesizer from the Artist or Title area.

If you really wish to let people know about the exact Title or Artist name use the creator's words for a picture or for the correct details. We in osu! decided to keep any VOCALOID out from there. Otherwise if you're argue we have to do like others then it would make no sense to say that osu!mania should be not the same as other similar games.

And.. if this is getting finalizied be sure you all came to an argument :P
Gato

Stefan wrote:

It just surprise me that some people are talking after months when this topic is finalizied again about it. Okay so again: We're basically talking about if Instruments can be added to the Title or Artist area because the composer did that. Well I simply say no. The best reason is:

Sephibro wrote:

There is honestly nothing more to add at this point. There were more as long enough discussions what is wrong having Hatsune Miku, GUMI, etc. as Artists (or placed in the Title) and what would speak for it but the arguments and the decision was surely more for forbidding these synthesizer from the Artist or Title area.

If you really wish to let people know about the exact Title or Artist name use the creator's words for a picture or for the correct details. We in osu! decided to keep any VOCALOID out from there. Otherwise if you're argue we have to do like others then it would make no sense to say that osu!mania should be not the same as other similar games.

And.. if this is getting finalizied be sure you all came to an argument :P

Lach wrote:

More Examples
(Sony Music)

Please follow the original metadata.
LexiaLovesU

Sephibro wrote:

Im sorry they don't put them their cause they don't have anywhere else to put them, if that was the case then they would not have put the Vocaloid name at all. you guys think that are not real but their voices were provided for a REAL person's voice. so when they say "feat Hatsune Miku" the probably mean "feat The voice of Hatsune Miku" which is Saki Fujita. Saying that they are just instruments a Insult to the voice provider.
Gato

LexiaLovesU wrote:

Sephibro wrote:

Im sorry they don't put them their cause they don't have anywhere else I put them, if that was the case then they would not have put the Vocaloid name at all. you guys think that are not real but their voices were provided for a REAL person's voice. so when they say "feat Hatsune Miku" the probably mean "feat The voice of Hatsune Miku" which is Saki Fujita. Saying that they are just instruments a Insult to the voice provider.
Don't use that falacy.
The artist's fame are gained because they highlight their use of the Vocaloid voicebanks lol

Even Mitchie M has a CD called "Greatest Idol" featuring Hatsune Miku.

As I said before, just keep the original metadata.
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

How so?
this is very contradictory.
Garven
Only when youre overly pedantic.
neonat
The artist can't be just the vocaloid name alone, the composer name has to be there in the artist field.
Gato

neonat wrote:

The artist can't be just the vocaloid name alone, the composer name has to be there in the artist field.
THIS.
Ephemeral
Use the official metadata in all cases. If the official metadata includes (feat. Hatsune Miku) or whatever, use it.

Denying this amendment as it is adequately covered by existing rules.