forum

How do you hold your mouse without placing lots of tension?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Maru
For the past few weeks of trying to HR+DT+HD+FL songs I can't seem to figure out how to properly hold the mouse without causing a lot of pain to my fingers. I've been holding the mouse like I would when I'm not playing Osu, but when I'm using all those mods I tend to grip the mouse intensely and it's caused problems for one of my fingers (including sharp pains). Another problem I've had with how I hold my mouse is that when I play sometimes my pinky will start lifting up the mouse while I'm playing then the mouse stops registering my movement :?

How do you hold your mouse, and if you can suggest anything that can help my current problems, I'd be thankful~
Thanks ;)
Ekaru
It's your fingers trying to tell you to play harder maps instead of mod whoring. ;P

That said, I'm getting back into osu! and I'm using a fingertip grip so IDK what to say.
Topic Starter
-Maru
xD Perhaps, but I really like trying to get good ranks on Easy difficulty, it's a fun experience unless you have to do the same song 206 times.
A fingertip grip? Does it make moving the mouse easier or does it just allow you to get a better grip on the mouse?
Woddles

Nekoloch wrote:

xD Perhaps, but I really like trying to get good ranks on Easy difficulty, it's a fun experience unless you have to do the same song 206 times.
A fingertip grip? Does it make moving the mouse easier or does it just allow you to get a better grip on the mouse?
If your doing easy diff songs 200+ times, I highly recommend you go do hard/insanes and get better at those instead. Then when your bored and try out some easy 4mod maps you'll FC+98%+ them ALOT quicker. :)
Topic Starter
-Maru
I'll try that then. :P
I still don't know how to avoid using a lot of tension on the mouse though xD
Myke B
wrong section homeboy.
Hulmy
Just ignore the pain.
Ekaru
I use fingertip for comfort and control.

And since it's only my fingertips on the mouse it's really hard to grip it tightly. My hand's usually relaxed.
Topic Starter
-Maru

Myke B wrote:

wrong section homeboy.
Sorry~ xD

Ekaru wrote:

I use fingertip for comfort and control.

And since it's only my fingertips on the mouse it's really hard to grip it tightly. My hand's usually relaxed.
Then I'll give that a try too. Thanks for the feedback