forum

Quick question about Supporting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maxx
So ive been a supporter of Osu for mabye 2 months now. I noticed that being a supporter allows ab "Increased beatmap submission limits (up to 8 pending beatmaps total)." Well for me, it still only allows 4 pending beatmaps. Is this a bug or did they change it or what? I was just confused and wanted to find an answer to this. Thanks
Kytoxid
I think submission cap is 3 + [# of ranked maps], up to a max of 6 for non-supporters, and 4 + [# of ranked maps], up to a max of 8 for supporters. Not sure of the exact numbers, but that's roughly how it works. Basically, there's a bonus for being a supporter, and also a bonus for getting maps ranked.
Topic Starter
Maxx
Oh ok. thanks
XPJ38
Taken from an old !faq command of Banchobot, but still valid:

To limit the number of maps being uploaded, there is a cap in place to keep mappers more dedicated to their existing maps.
Non-supporters are allowed between 3 and 6 unranked maps (calculated as 3 + min(3, countOfRankedMaps)).
Supporters have a larger cap and are allowed between 4 and 10 unranked maps (calculated as 4 + min(6, countOfRankedMaps)).
I don't know why the support page tells 8 instead of 10 though, probably a mistake.