forum

How does the new ranking system work?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sohma99
Still, the map he gaves you are gonna be insanely hard to FC right now....
But might as well train on those ^^.
ballplay
i got a lot of pp by playing songs that were actually a bit hard for me
Rewben2

- Jun - wrote:

Anything is possible if you believe.
If anyone who legitimately has a similar playcount to you can S them songs I'll be amazed. They are mostly filled with no-mod fc's (and even non-fc scores) in the top 50.
Aqo

- Jun - wrote:

Anything is possible if you believe.
I like your spirit! Cheering for you

in osu it's more like "anything is possible if you practice hard enough for long enough", though.
Noobsicle
you still have to be placed within the first #1000 ranks or w/e it is to be able to gain pp

i've been gaining some pp from playing songs and ranking between #1000-#4000 doe

IGNORE THIS STUPID POST ._.
Soulg
you just completely contradicted yourself.

and give a source on the first part lol
Noobsicle
yeah that was really bad lol

well i gained a tiny bit of pp from ranking between #1000-#4000, depending on the songs difficulty (like streamy/jumpy maps)

don't really have any source for the first part, but that's how i've been gaining peepees ._. (well at my level anyways)
GoldenWolf

Noobsicle wrote:

you still have to be placed within the first #1000 ranks or w/e it is to be able to gain pp
How does that make any sense
Venumidas
Obvious multi account is obvious.
Tenshichan
The maps he/she played are possible to FC after 12 days of playing if you have some talent for rhythm games. Just because the majority can't doesn't mean that everyone who can is a multi account user. >_>
Rewben2

Venumidas wrote:

Obvious multi account is obvious.
What's unbelievable about rank 55k after 1.7k playcount?
Venumidas
There was another multi account user, who also had something to do with this "CyberX6", who - Jun - spamed.

I bet this CyberX6 guy has a few accounts.

Edit: It's not only the playcount and the games he played that are suspicious.
Myke B

Noobsicle wrote:

i've been gaining some pp from playing songs and ranking between #1000-#4000 doe

IGNORE THIS STUPID POST ._.
I thought to get any decent amount of PP, you needed to get in the 1000's at least. Are there any songs that will give you much for reaching anything out of the 1000s? Not because I'm going to go do it because I'm trying to farm PP, but because I'm curious.
RaneFire

Myke B wrote:

I thought to get any decent amount of PP, you needed to get in the 1000's at least. Are there any songs that will give you much for reaching anything out of the 1000s? Not because I'm going to go do it because I'm trying to farm PP, but because I'm curious.
That was the old system, which was limited to only the top 1000 ranks per map, and was affected heavily by your performance rank.

The new system (pp - v2) only takes your individual performance and the map difficulty. What rank you got doesn't even matter anymore, and it considers all scores now.
Noobsicle

Myke B wrote:

(basically what RaneFire said), i play a lot of different maps so i don't really pay much attention to which map gives the notable amounts of pp :x
Myke B

RaneFire wrote:

Myke B wrote:

That was the old system, which was limited to only the top 1000 ranks per map, and was affected heavily by your performance rank.

The new system (pp - v2) only takes your individual performance and the map difficulty. What rank you got doesn't even matter anymore, and it considers all scores now.
Oh yeah, I know that - but I mean I have 2.5k pp, and no song that I beat with rank over 1k gives me jack. It's mostly for new players right? so that they can see constant improvement in their rank? That's what I thought at least.
Noobsicle

Myke B wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Oh yeah, I know that - but I mean I have 2.5k pp, and no song that I beat with rank over 1k gives me jack. It's mostly for new players right? so that they can see constant improvement in their rank? That's what I thought at least.
yep, you can make a new account and rank within 1k (or w/e it is, stahp being techinical on me ass pls) on an insane map, you'll still gain pp because the system sees that you're new/you're basically newb level

@others, my first post can't be completely wrong, can it (in regards to the OP's pp rank)? if the OP started ranking between those numbers, he would get at least a few pp, right?

(ofc when you reach a certain pp rank and play really easy insanes, you won't gain pp cus2ezffswhyamistillposting))
buny
no, you could dt hard insanes and still get pp at rank 10k
Almost

Myke B wrote:

I gained 1 pp for a no mod 98% FC of http://osu.ppy.sh/s/66460 so I don't know if it's only for new players.
Soulg
it's based on your own skill level relative to your plays
Rewben2

buny wrote:

I can dt hards and still get quite a bit of pp at rank 7k lol
buny

Rewben2 wrote:

buny wrote:

10k song rank
Rewben2

buny wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

10k song rank
oh mb
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
this is same as ppv1, play other players' bp
Myke B

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

no.
Soulg

Myke B wrote:

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

no.
you can play other people that are similar to your skill level bp
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

you can play other people that are similar to your skill level bp
yes, it is kinda similar, but not the same as ppv1.
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old
I got like 50 pp overnight, just logged into osu. This system is weird.
Rewben2

- Jun - wrote:

The client is laggier for pp updates, the website updates instantly (at least from my experience).
Almost

Rewben2 wrote:

- Jun - wrote:

The client is laggier for pp updates, the website updates instantly (at least from my experience).
I doubt it's that. I had something similar but mine came from have a bunch of scores that should've been giving me a lot of pp giving me no pp which got fixed overnight.
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old

Almost wrote:

I doubt it's that. I had something similar but mine came from have a bunch of scores that should've been giving me a lot of pp giving me no pp which got fixed overnight.
Yeah, I think you're right. It's still weird though.
Almost
I'm pretty sure Tom is still fixes bugs for the new system.
Saint_old

Myke B wrote:

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

no.
LOL
Soulg
wrecked.

also it was probably with pretty low accuracy
Saint_old

Soulg wrote:

wrecked.

97% but i'm not a tryhard so i won't do it again
Soulg

Saint wrote:

Soulg wrote:

wrecked.

97% but i'm not a tryhard so i won't do it again
lol ok then yeah that makes sense.

if you got 99% you'd probably get another 10-15 pp
Myke B

Saint wrote:

LOL
no.
Icyteru
Gonna log into osu! and hope to get some free pp.

EDIT: Didn't get pp, i'm disappoint.
Weed
i logged in once and lost 1 pp i was sad
[ Zan ]
I dunno how this system worked, but I managed to get like 6 pp (don't really remember) from getting SS on a hard song, but no pp from any insane FC or insane HD FC that I've done recently >_>...
show more