forum

The Default of Osu Mania Speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
irfanmaulana
Hello guys, I changed osu mania speed during osu mania speed, I wanna change to the default again, but I don't know the default. :? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5? 6? 7? 8? 9? or something else? please help me.

Sorry for bad grammar
Xcrypt
That is up to you to decide. Generally people have preferred scrolling speeds for each bpm, so just play with it a bit and find out what works best for you for a given bpm.

To give you an idea, most people prefer scrollingspeed*bpm of about 2000-2500
kuuderes_shadow
I think the initial setting was 17, although I may be wrong about that. But really the best speed is different for different songs, which usually is tied to the song's BPM.
Bobbias
Find a speed that works for you.

I usually find a speed that works at 150 BPM, and then adjust up or down 1 speed for every 10 BPM (roughly), sometimes I adjust a bit faster or slower if it feels better.
Topic Starter
irfanmaulana
Ok, thanks :)
REDYUMiKA
You should to makeup a trendline graph of mania speed(..feel comfortable for you)/ BPM by excel or handwrite, I recommend. ;)
Waisse
I set speed to 12 most ot the time.
Ryu Sei
Depends on music in my settings. If the music beat is fast I set it lower, and vice-versa...
Tornspirit
IIRC default speed is 7.
buny
I like how nearly nobody read OPs post, let alone the title

Tornspirit wrote:

IIRC default speed is 7.
this is correct
El_Kevin7u7
una pregunta cual es la velocidad por defecto del osu mania ?
abraker
You guys are scaring me.

DO NOT USE BPM SPEED

Change it to fixed speed and you will have to set your scroll rate only once and it will be the same for all maps.
Uncheck the "Scale osu!mania scroll speed with BPM" option

mufugai

abraker wrote:

You guys are scaring me.

DO NOT USE BPM SPEED

Change it to fixed speed and you will have to set your scroll rate only once and it will be the same for all maps.
Uncheck the "Scale osu!mania scroll speed with BPM" option

its from 5 years ago
Bobbias
Back when that option did not exist.
abraker

mufugai wrote:

its from 5 years ago
oh.. looks like I am not smart enough to check if someone was dumb enough to bump a 5 year thread.
QuicklySpice
i have mine as 14 i think that's what the normal speed is though
greggtitiusnana
i thinkj its 10
seag
I don't care if it's a 5 year old thread

Keep increasing your comfortable scroll speed like once per week so you can read fast bpm songs.
mufugai

saegull wrote:

Keep increasing your comfortable scroll speed like once per week so you can read fast bpm songs.

what does that have to do with it?
nadavv

saegull wrote:

that has got to be one of the shittiest advice ever. play speed you are comfortable with
Bobbias

-[N A D A V V]- wrote:

saegull wrote:

that has got to be one of the shittiest advice ever. play speed you are comfortable with

Honestly, there's some truth to what saegull says here. New players should try increasing the speed from default, because the default speed is good for people just starting out, but quickly becomes too slow to easily read harder maps. It's a good idea to get used to higher speeds fairly early on. The problems with what he said is the "every week" part, and not giving advice on when to stop. You increase it after you've completely adjusted to your current speed, and repeat until you begin to have real difficulty adjusting to the new speed. Everyone will find a different spot to stop, but staying at the default speed means dealing with unnecessarily dense notes after a while.

"play whatever you're comfortable with" has some truth, but it ignores that you need to find a speed that works for you first, and the easiest way to do that is continually increase your scroll speed until you find something that seems to work particularly well for you.
nadavv

Bobbias wrote:

-[N A D A V V]- wrote:

saegull wrote:

Honestly, there's some truth to what saegull says here. New players should try increasing the speed from default, because the default speed is good for people just starting out, but quickly becomes too slow to easily read harder maps. It's a good idea to get used to higher speeds fairly early on. The problems with what he said is the "every week" part, and not giving advice on when to stop. You increase it after you've completely adjusted to your current speed, and repeat until you begin to have real difficulty adjusting to the new speed. Everyone will find a different spot to stop, but staying at the default speed means dealing with unnecessarily dense notes after a while.

"play whatever you're comfortable with" has some truth, but it ignores that you need to find a speed that works for you first, and the easiest way to do that is continually increase your scroll speed until you find something that seems to work particularly well for you.
but thats how you end up with noobs playing on 35 and wondering why they wont improve at the game
Bobbias
I did point out there's a point where you should stop, but that depends on the player. For me it was 28 (technically 28.5, due to the fact that when I went through that process there were no fixed speeds). It's not that you mindlessly increase speeds. You slowly increase until you find a comfortable speed that keeps patterns spread out enough that you can read them well. Increases in speed should be gradual, and follow your progress as you improve and begin playing harder and harder naps, until you reach a point where increasing just doesn't help any more.
hatmanS2132
is been 7 years and i need the answer
Lights

hatmanS2132 wrote:

Default is 30
[LS]PositoniX

Lights wrote:

hatmanS2132 wrote:

Default is 30
im pretty sure it's 15
jees
The ultimate post necro
Lights

PositoniX wrote:

Lights wrote:

hatmanS2132 wrote:

Default is 30
im pretty sure it's 15
34*
RayRaivern
Default scroll speed is 12 iirc.
It's too slow so you shouldn't use default scroll speed for any skin.
The higher the scroll speed the better.
Decrease only if things feel too fast.
Kissen1

RayRaivern wrote:

Default scroll speed is 12 iirc.
It's too slow so you shouldn't use default scroll speed for any skin.
The higher the scroll speed the better.
Decrease only if things feel too fast.
scroll speed is diff for everyone, faster doesnt usually mean better. if going by that logic, i could say that if youre not playing on 40 scroll speed, youre bad :)
RayRaivern

Kissen1 wrote:

scroll speed is diff for everyone, faster doesnt usually mean better. if going by that logic, i could say that if youre not playing on 40 scroll speed, youre bad :)
Oh umm, my sentence was a bit misleading; sorry.
What I meant to say is that use the scroll speed you are comfortable with; and the comfortable scroll speed is usually the scroll speed before it feels a little fast to you (you can read it but it feels fast). I usually say that to new players starting out Mania so they can get to the comfortable scroll speed and not be stuck with a scroll speed lower than what they can actually do.

Different people are comfortable with different scroll speeds; I use 28 scroll speed and I know someone who uses 25 scroll speed on the same skin and can play better than me (on a few maps). (I even saw people do very accurate plays with 14 scroll speed)
Full Tablet
BTW, the current default osu!mania scroll speed is 12 (I think it used to be lower years ago).
show more