forum

2014 2v2 Catch the Beat Tournament [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Weez
XD

Well finished the schedules for the semi finals!!! Check em out!
Mappool will be out tomorrow.
Zak
Our match against Taicai Kindergarten has been rescheduled to Sunday UTC+0 2 PM (We keep playing so early lol)

EDIT: Change it again please to Saturday at the same time
Topic Starter
Weez

Zak wrote:

Our match against Taicai Kindergarten has been rescheduled to Sunday UTC+0 2 PM (We keep playing so early lol)

EDIT: Change it again please to Saturday at the same time
Change made!!

And map pool is currently out. Please note that at the moment that the FreeMods maps will be out tomorrow due to unforeseen issues.
Topic Starter
Weez
Fixed up the freemod section

*cough cough*double post*cough*
He Ang CTB
u can u up VS Taicai Kindergarten
1 - 4 Taicai Kindergarten wins!

Round 1 (Taicai wins)

Round 2 (u can u up wins)

Round 3 (Taicai wins)

Round 4 (Taicai wins)

Round 5 (Taicai wins)

Match History:
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6068537

Thanks -Ryuujii- for creating the room first ><

Taicai Kindergarten advances to the Finals~ Congratulations :)
He Ang CTB
By the way who is streaming for the finals? :?
-Ryuujii-
SEMIFINALS

Blondon Team Vs The Burgerland

Match History: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6074765
Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/tenguking9/b/521289083

TIE BREAKER

WINNER : TEAM BURGERLAND

It was probably the best match of the tournament so far. Sadly someone Dddos'd -itsy_v2- at the beginning of the Tie breaker round but Sousaki won by himself.
Congratulations to Team Burgerland for winning the match and advancing to the Finals.
eldnl
it wasn't the best match ¬¬
DeathXHunter
oh mad
-Ryuujii-

eldnl wrote:

for you it wasn't
eldnl

-Ryuujii- wrote:

eldnl wrote:

for you it wasn't
I mean, it wasn't fun idk the maps were quite boring
He Ang CTB

eldnl wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant, maybe the maps weren't challenging enough? :?
He Ang CTB
[quote=b][/quote]

Is there a calculation error here? It seems that Red Team won this map :o
-Ryuujii-
idk, ether way red team won the other rounds so it doesn't matter and if there was a calculation error or if you have any doubts, then you can see the mp history, which clearly says what happened.

He Ang CTB

-Ryuujii- wrote:

idk, ether way red team won the other rounds so it doesn't matter and if there was a calculation error or if you have any doubts, then you can see the mp history, which clearly says what happened.

Oh I see ><
eldnl

He Ang Erika wrote:

eldnl wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant, maybe the maps weren't challenging enough? :?
long and easy maps, that's it ... you get bored at the half of the map, still we lost because we suck, but you can select better maps, at least for the cwc :<<
-Ryuujii-
Just don't go all in for cancer maps.
He Ang CTB

eldnl wrote:

long and easy maps, that's it ... you get bored at the half of the map, still we lost because we suck, but you can select better maps, at least for the cwc :<<

-Ryuujii- wrote:

Just don't go all in for cancer maps.
Looool too late >:3 Cancer maps already selected~ Good luck trying to FC the maps in 3rd place/Finals match :D
Topic Starter
Weez
Map set and times have been updated for the Finals, good luck to all.
Nagato
Sunday UTC+8 11:00pm is not good for us.
Because my team members and me have to work in the early morning. :( :(

Need to change the time, currently in discussion.
Topic Starter
Weez

Xenophobia wrote:

Sunday UTC+8 11:00pm is not good for us.
Because my team members and me have to work in the early morning. :( :(

Need to change the time, currently in discussion.
Alright thanks for the info

Note to all players:
Note that on the nomod section, I changed one diff due to error on my end. Yousei Teikoku - The Creator [Saten] is the right diff, NOT [Nyaten]!
He Ang CTB
The finals match has been relocated to 1 hour before the original schedule i.e. Sunday 22:00 UTC+8

Text translation:

-Start of conversation-

22:47 | He Ang Erika: Good evening~
22:47 | He Ang Erika: May I know if the time for tomorrow's match has been changed?
22:48 | Xenophobia: It's brought earlier by 1 hour
22:48 | Xenophobia: 22:00
22:48 | He Ang Erika: Evening 10 o-clock right o3o
22:48 | Xenophobia: Yes
22:48 | He Ang Erika: Mm got it thank you :>

-End of conversation-

I will be online around 21:00 (9pm UTC+8) so if need help in anything just message me ><
Spectre
u can u up wins the 3rd place match by default due to in sufficient members on blondon team after the 20 mins that it was postponed.
-Ryuujii-

He Ang Erika wrote:

The finals match has been relocated to 1 hour before the original schedule i.e. Sunday 22:00 UTC+8

Text translation:

-Start of conversation-

22:47 | He Ang Erika: Good evening~
22:47 | He Ang Erika: May I know if the time for tomorrow's match has been changed?
22:48 | Xenophobia: It's brought earlier by 1 hour
22:48 | Xenophobia: 22:00
22:48 | He Ang Erika: Evening 10 o-clock right o3o
22:48 | Xenophobia: Yes
22:48 | He Ang Erika: Mm got it thank you :>

-End of conversation-

I will be online around 21:00 (9pm UTC+8) so if need help in anything just message me ><
hey , hm... how many hours until the match? in 14 hours?
He Ang CTB

-Ryuujii- wrote:

It's UTC+0 14:00 (2pm), UTC-4 10:00 (10am), UTC+8 22:00 (10pm). It's slightly more 11.5 hours (by about 10 minutes) till the official start of the finals from the time this reply has been posted :3 Which means yeah it's around 14 hours since your post XD Do you need any help in the refereeing? Can do some translations for you and the players if it's needed~
-Ryuujii-

He Ang Erika wrote:

-Ryuujii- wrote:

It's UTC+0 14:00 (2pm), UTC-4 10:00 (10am), UTC+8 22:00 (10pm). It's slightly more 11.5 hours (by about 10 minutes) till the official start of the finals from the time this reply has been posted :3 Which means yeah it's around 14 hours since your post XD Do you need any help in the refereeing? Can do some translations for you and the players if it's needed~
thank you for your help but its okay, don't worry, if anything i will ask you though, so we play at 10 am eastern time. alright, madaob to stream though please
He Ang CTB

TenguKing9 wrote:

u can u up wins the 3rd place match by default due to in sufficient members on blondon team after the 20 mins that it was postponed.
Can we re-arrange another match for the 3rd place match between Blondon and u can u up at 23:59 UTC+8 or put it simply 2 hours after the finals begin? If both teams and all of us (including Weez) agrees we can still salvage the match if y'all think it's alright.
-Ryuujii-
burgerland vs blondon? what....? burgerland is on finals lol
He Ang CTB

-Ryuujii- wrote:

madaob to stream though please
OMG better not later his comp lag then lose the finals (same goes for your team) ;w; He told me last time that streaming everyone and playing simultaneously can cause serious lagging, so I suggest someone else definitely. I should go dig out some CTB players who have Twitch and "persuade" them to stream for us XD
He Ang CTB

-Ryuujii- wrote:

burgerland vs blondon? what....? burgerland is on finals lol
OTL Gomen for the typo, but yeah I would like to propose a rematch if possible :3
-Ryuujii-
You have 2 jobs. Find a streamer xD and re arrange the 3rd place match xD
Topic Starter
Weez

He Ang Erika wrote:

TenguKing9 wrote:

Can we re-arrange another match for the 3rd place match between Blondon and u can u up at 23:59 UTC+8 or put it simply 2 hours after the finals begin? If both teams and all of us (including Weez) agrees we can still salvage the match if y'all think it's alright.
Go for it! If its played by today then that's fine by me.
madaoB
:(
Nagato
Congratulations to The Burgerland team won the 2v2 CTB Tournament~~ :D
It was a nice match, GG. ;) ;)
-Ryuujii-
He Ang Erika is delaying with the scores idk why D: lets wait for her to post them ><
He Ang CTB
CTB 2V2 Finals Team The Burgerland VS Team Taicai Kindergarten

Round 1 (Taicai wins)

Round 2 (Taicai wins)

Round 3 (Burgerland wins)

Round 4 (Burgerland wins)

Round 5 (Burgerland wins)

Round 6 (Burgerland wins)

Round 7 (Taicai wins)

Round 8 (Burgerland wins)

Team The Burgerland : Team Taicai Kindergarten
------------------------ 5 : 3 -----------------------------

Thus the champion team for CTB 2V2 tournament 2014 is:
THE BURGERLAND!!

Match history: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6244619

All screenshots were provided by -Ryuujii-

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/fusion231

None of the Team Blondon members were present throughout the day, therefore Team u can u up won the 3rd place by default.

1st: The Burgerland
2nd: Taicai Kindergarten
3rd: u can u up

Hereby I conclude the end of CTB 2V2 Tournament 2014, I hope all of you enjoyed the matches regardless of victory or defeat. I have to thank all of you awesome players for actively participating in the competition, the map selectors CLSW, Kitofox and [Yue], for tirelessly selecting maps for every round, the referees TenguKing9, -Ryuujii-, Don Omar, Kiwikun and ursa, for being around every match to ensure all matches had proceeded smoothly, also the streamers madaoB, TenguKing9 and VenzjE for recording these unforgettable moments, and last but not least, Weez, the tournament management for creating this amazing opportunity to let all of us enjoy ourselves.
I am sure we'll meet each other again, in the coming CWC14, me, Erika, wish all of you all the best, and until then, see you next time!

-End-

2014接水果模式2对2比赛正式结束,我希望所有的参赛者无论是否获胜都玩地尽情愉快。在此我要感谢:所有的参赛者,使这场比赛欢快激烈。所有的选图员,CLSW, Kitofox, 和 [Yue],精心选拔每场赛图。所有的裁判,TenguKing9, -Ryuujii-, Don Omar, Kiwikun 和 ursa,使每一场比赛顺利进行与完成。还有录像员,madaoB, Tenguking9, 和 VenzjE,记录下每一刻愉快。最后,要特别感谢比赛主持员,Weez,创生这场难忘的比赛,让所有参赛者有机会尽情玩乐。
我相信,在不久后的2014年接水果世界杯我们会再次见面,我,小丽(艾丽卡),再此祝愿大家世界杯一路顺风。再会!

-终-
DeathXHunter
That's mah boys,ggwp
-Ryuujii-

DeathXHunter wrote:

That's mah boys,ggwp
\o/
CLSW
It was the intense match!

Congratz and good work!
-Ryuujii-
hm one question to Weez, what do winners get for winning the tournament ?
show more