forum

DJ TOTTO feat. Sunao Yoshikawa - Arousing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xantaria
Hate. Why sliders everywhere. Is this really the future of mapping?

A lot of the sliders end on no beat (some of them don't even start on one) and I could also see multiple single nodes that are not landing anywhere near a beat.

This might be considered art.

But imo not a good beatmap ... and this is what it should actually be, right?

Atleast I don't need another Sentimental Skyscraper.

I guess you know that I'm talking about the Extra.
Topic Starter
fanzhen0019

Zantaria wrote:

Hate. Why sliders everywhere. Is this really the future of mapping?

no
Lanturn

Lach wrote:

I believe this is a case of preferred romanization. On her website it's Sunao Yoshikawa. http://sooopiyo.pw/

I'm sure fanzhen was aware of this considering chinese names also follow the surname/given name order.
This isn't a very good way to call it 'preferred romanization'

Lots of Japanese artists use Given / Family order on their websites when writing in Romanization.
http://nbcuni-music.com/maon/
http://www.tomatsuharuka.com/
http://www.mizukinana.jp/
http://minori-smiledays.jugem.jp/

even CDs do this
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wj5Sd3aZFus/U ... IGNITE.jpg
http://www.generasia.com/w/images/thumb ... N_2003.jpg
http://blog-imgs-45.fc2.com/a/r/t/artw0 ... _q90v2.jpg

Just to note, Yoshikawa Sunao is the singer in the show Aikatsu! for the character Shibuki Ran so this makes her no different from any CV singers or singers in general. It would be just like taking someone from idolm@ster or something.

tl;dr - Artist name should be Yoshikawa Sunao. Using the website or CD for preferred romanization is useless when it comes to actual artist names like the examples listed above. Unless of course, we want to rename all of these artists in Given/Family order.

Romanization should be just that, a romanization of the artist.. but whatever.
Topic Starter
fanzhen0019
yaa that's my fault orz..
Charles445
This should be fine as it is the artists preference for this release
Xantaria
Actually the Extreme isn't even better. All things I pointed out on the Extra also apply to the Extreme.

0/10 this is just a mess.

Should be unranked immediatly. Don't upload maps you use as a playground.
Flower
WAT THE SINGER ALSO CASTS RAN-CHAN AHHHHHHH I'm GONNA TAKE A RUN DOWNSTAIRS RAN-CHAN MOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
pw384

Zantaria wrote:

Actually the Extreme isn't even better. All things I pointed out on the Extra also apply to the Extreme.

0/10 this is just a mess.

Should be unranked immediatly. Don't upload maps you use as a playground.
Seems that you are a pro map, so plz show me how you map it.
And also, an unranking occurs when map has some serious basic problem. The map can never be this case and also can't be unranked.
Let me show you some famous words (by NTR):

NatsumeRin wrote:

Things are really simple.
People who don't know mapping/modding are making rules.
People who don't know mapping/modding are shouting at others.
People who don't know mapping/modding are forcing their opinions.
But.

We do remember good mappers, but not the one who only give poor opinions, right?
and also

Apricot wrote:

and people who can't even pass the beatmap.

People maps on their own accord instead of accepting everyone's opinion. Why should fanzhen map a song in your way?

I understand why you hate HW's diff so much. But Extreme is really awesome.
Btw, it would never hurt you to stop complaining mapping styles. But an unranking can sometimes frustrate the mapper greatly. Interesting, huh? :)
Mira-san

384059043 wrote:

I understand why you hate HW's diff so much. But Extreme is really awesome.
Extreme is okay. On the other hand, the Extra is really....
TheBigA

384059043 wrote:

Seems that you are a pro map, so plz show me how you map it.
You don't have to be a cook to realize that something tastes like crap.

384059043 wrote:

And also, an unranking occurs when map has some serious basic problem. The map can never be this case and also can't be unranked.
With today's norm this is apparently indeed the sad truth.

384059043 wrote:

People maps on their own accord instead of accepting everyone's opinion.
And how is this a good thing again? Shouldn't mappers consider every kind of input, whether they like it or not? When a map gets ranked, it's played by thousands of people, a mapper should at least try to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for everyone and not be narrow-minded, thinking that "he has to express himself with his map and everyone who doesn't comply will be ignored".

384059043 wrote:

But an unranking can sometimes frustrate the mapper greatly. Interesting, huh? :)
And the ranking of something like that can sometimes frustrate hundreds or even thousands of people greatly. Interesting, huh?
Lach
Man where's that picture that says "Hurr german people" when you need it
Topic Starter
fanzhen0019
k no war plz
there're tons of beatmaps now,feel free to ignore mine and press f2.
I Give Up
Solid map, much enjoy!
mobiusl
Congratz :D
Zare
hurr
Shohei Ohtani
I don't know wtf happened in this thread but its pretty

Arousing
beeboy123
What's with all the hate? I enjoyed playing this beatmap despite some parts that made me literally say wtf (I guess that is why people don't like it xD).
Xantaria
I had closer look at the maps Extra and Extreme. The biggest problem about those maps is that you mapped sounds that you can barely even hear, you mapped the most quiet wubs I've ever heard into random sliders that just appear without you expecting to have anything there. This makes the map very ugly. It feels completely out of rhythm and is also not fun to play at all.

You also mapped cymbals that I can just barely guess that there are rly cymbals into streams. This is so unnecessary. And also please ... at all you young mappers ... use Sliders for long sounds NOT for single beats, ... PLEASE ...
Topic Starter
fanzhen0019

Zantaria wrote:

I had closer look at the maps Extra and Extreme. The biggest problem about those maps is that you mapped sounds that you can barely even hear, you mapped the most quiet wubs I've ever heard into random sliders that just appear without you expecting to have anything there. This makes the map very ugly. It feels completely out of rhythm and is also not fun to play at all.

You also mapped cymbals that I can just barely guess that there are rly cymbals into streams. This is so unnecessary. And also please ... at all you young mappers ... use Sliders for long sounds NOT for single beats, ... PLEASE ...
ok
this song is with wub samples and after finished i realized that it's quite weird in some part.imo too these patterns look rly bad.but it's too late to change patterns.i cant imagine any more better patterns.
tbh old-school players hate it when 1/4 sliders appear as single tap.but it's still a way of putting notes.you can never stop a mapper from doing what he likes.
im not as old as awesome mappers though,3 years is enough for me anyway.

so no more wobwub songs.

-- a sad mapper
Mappers do what they want in their own maps. However when you found something bad/ugly (atleast for you) you can try to help the mapper improve it by constructively point out about how it could done better, in a well mannered way. All these complaints didn't qualify any of those therefore makes no sense at all.

Don't like it and don't want to help? Don't play it. There's plenty of other maps out there you might be able to enjoy. Don't waste your precious time ranting on something you don't even (want to) like.

Just my two cents.
new page? fuck it
grumd
wow
Stefan
Germans and their way to be productive. nah

Basically the same inverness said in his posts; if you have nothing to bring into this mape except flame and decostructive and provoking comments keep them for yourself. It leads to nowhere.

Actually just complained on the same way as some other did here but does mind that? lol
Ichevoil
What's the name of the Anime on the backround?
Ryuuka Toki
Yeah,"I do what I want bitch!" works well on both players and mappers.
Reviz
Just wanted to ask why is Extra diff AR 9.3? Not 9, not 9.5, not 10. Was this somehow carefully calculated?
Omar223_old
hi gys ;)