forum

Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - Timber (Nightcore Mix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erina
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, May 9, 2014 at 8:52:32 PM

Artist: Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
Title: Timber (Nightcore Mix)
Tags: nerondakuro
BPM: 156
Filesize: 2993kb
Play Time: 02:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.85 stars, 416 notes)
  2. Hard2 (4.82 stars, 55 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 593 notes)
Download: Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - Timber (Nightcore Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
yay
background pic is so good
my mapping skills is so bad

The old insane is back due to popular demand ("ugh dammit why did i even remap"), made a few changes to it but it's mostly been reverted.

Remapping other diffs

"Fight Pitbull. Fight Pitbull every chance you get. And whenever you knock him on the ground, you shout, “Pitbull’s going down, I’m yelling ‘timber’” and then be like, “You see? You see how stupid that is?""
slymaster
nice map! :)
Modded a bit in game. Good luck with the rest of the map.
Topic Starter
Erina
slymaster's mod
21:35 Erina: wow
21:35 slymaster: lol
21:35 Erina: how to jump
21:35 slymaster: i was more accurate the first time
21:35 slymaster: except i missed
21:36 Erina: the jump near the end
21:36 slymaster: pretty cool
21:36 Erina: pink notes
21:36 Erina: i cant do that
21:36 Erina: considered changing it
21:36 slymaster: the back and forth one?
21:36 Erina: yeah
21:36 slymaster: thats fine
21:36 slymaster: there are a few ugly patterns though
21:36 Erina: l0l
21:36 slymaster: but its a fun map to play
21:36 Erina: tell me the ugly ones
21:38 Erina: wow
21:38 Erina: so impressive
21:39 slymaster: this rectangle
21:39 slymaster: 00:03:186 (1,2,3,4) -
21:39 Erina: wow srs
21:39 Erina: so early
21:39 slymaster: dunno if its the placement of that note before
21:39 slymaster: or something else
21:40 slymaster: idk or just rectangles in general
21:40 Erina: huh it looks fine to me idk
21:40 slymaster: as a rectangle its fine
21:42 slymaster: why is dis a stream
21:42 slymaster: 01:41:650 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) -
21:42 Erina: lol
21:42 Erina: i think i know what you're referring to
21:42 Erina: ill check it later
21:42 Erina: prob bc i got lazy
21:43 slymaster: this pattern a bit overused
21:43 slymaster: 01:57:227 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
21:44 Erina: aghhhh
21:44 Erina: what should i use for those
21:44 Erina: yup
21:44 Erina: that was the stream i was thinking about
21:44 Erina: theres another unnecessary stream near the end
21:45 slymaster: i really like this jump
21:45 slymaster: 00:29:340 (5,6) -
21:45 Erina: lol
21:45 Erina: ill work that in one more time
21:47 slymaster: same pattern here 01:04:149 (6,7,8,1) -
21:48 slymaster: shows up again here
21:48 slymaster: 01:29:342 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
21:49 Erina: 02:15:496 (1,2,3) -
21:49 Erina: does that jump feel different from the one you liked
21:49 slymaster: wait
21:50 slymaster: this one
21:50 slymaster: 01:54:727 (1,2,3) -
21:50 slymaster: try using ctrl H reflect horizontally
21:50 Erina: oooohhh
21:50 slymaster: on those three notes
21:50 Erina: that looks fun
21:50 slymaster: i think it looks better that way
21:50 Erina: i like that
21:51 slymaster: yeah that jump you linked is nice too
21:51 Erina: 02:26:266 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
21:51 Erina: should i just change that to a stream
21:52 Erina: 02:48:574 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -
21:52 Erina: should i get rid of that stream
21:54 slymaster: i would personally put a note in between these to make a triple
21:54 slymaster: 02:27:228 (6,7) -
21:54 slymaster: and prob change the pattern a bit
21:54 slymaster: but the beats are pretty nice
21:54 slymaster: the stream at the end isnt terrible for me
21:55 slymaster: but it doesnt really follow anything
21:55 Erina: yup
21:55 slymaster: so they might want you to remove it anyways
nariette
I love it!

Overall
Is it just me or didn't you use any hitsounds except for the normal hit? It's better to use hitsounds like finish or clap etc. It makes your map more interesting to play and I think it's even a requirement for getting it submitted. It could also be me because at the moment thanks to I don't know my osu is acting really weird (especially mania).
For the song settings [general]:
Artist : Pitbull ft. Ke$ha (Blue nightcore isn't actually a thing, it's just to show that it was nightcored by nerondakuro, just like amazon nightcore)
Title: Timber (Nightcore mix)
Tags: In the tags shouldn't be anything that is already mentioned in Artist, Title, creator, etc. Perhaps something saying about the genre or iconic lyrics like "It's going down" or "I'm calling", because you already mentioned Timber in the title.

Normal:
Hitsounds yet again. Consider to change the type to soft in the timing menu during the verses. It's also pretty short compared to the hard and insane difficulty.

Hard:
Hitsounds, what I said in the normal difficulty applies here too. Also, some notes overlap that you can't see the notes underneath and only by the approach circle you can see there is another note beneath. For example at 00:04:724 (5,6) - . You should change this so every hitcircle is visible.

I'm not going to say anything about insane because I don't consider myself to be "qualified" to mod it. I don't play insane, I never played it.

For a big part this is actually a really good map, it just needs a few adjustments ^-^
Topic Starter
Erina

nariette wrote:

I love it!

Overall
Is it just me or didn't you use any hitsounds except for the normal hit? It's better to use hitsounds like finish or clap etc. It makes your map more interesting to play and I think it's even a requirement for getting it submitted. It could also be me because at the moment thanks to I don't know my osu is acting really weird (especially mania). Yup, there aren't any hitsounds yet. I usually don't bother to add them until later, this is still a work in progress :P
Artist : Pitbull ft. Ke$ha (Blue nightcore isn't actually a thing, it's just to show that it was nightcored by nerondakuro, just like amazon nightcore)
Tags: In the tags shouldn't be anything that is already mentioned in Artist, Title, creator, etc. Perhaps something saying about the genre or iconic lyrics like "It's going down" or "I'm calling", because you already mentioned Timber in the title. Thank you, will fix

Normal:
Hitsounds yet again. Consider to change the type to soft in the timing menu during the verses. It's also pretty short compared to the hard and insane difficulty.

Hard:
Hitsounds, what I said in the normal difficulty applies here too. Also, some notes overlap that you can't see the notes underneath and only by the approach circle you can see there is another note beneath. For example at 00:04:724 (5,6) - . You should change this so every hitcircle is visible. I don't really think this poses a problem, stacks are pretty common in hard difficulty :?

I'm not going to say anything about insane because I don't consider myself to be "qualified" to mod it. I don't play insane, I never played it.

For a big part this is actually a really good map, it just needs a few adjustments ^-^
Thanks for the mod!
FoShizzle
You got someone to make Ez diff? Message me if you want some help.
[ IA ]
Hi! Random mod here - I'm pretty new to modding but hopefully I'll have some useful comments.

General
There's 2 .osb files in the folder right now. This is a WIP but just in case for later if you didn't notice.

Normal
I know this difficulty isn't even completed yet, but just some comments on what's there so far.

00:42:801 (3,1) - and 00:44:339 (4,1) - seem a little tricky for this Normal. There's quite a bit of stacking in this difficulty in general - maybe you'd want to consider making it a little easier to read.

01:08:955 (2,3) - Kind of nitpicky, but I think it'd look better if the 2 were more to the left so you have a symmetric blanket. Maybe something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1389207

01:44:147 - to 01:50:493 - while I can see how it fits with the music, this segment seems somewhat boring because it's really rectangular with all the straight sliders.

02:10:878 (2,3) - I think that this part could have better flow. Following the 2 slider then turning up at that angle for the 3 feels awkward - not necessarily too difficult but awkward.

Hard
02:24:147 (7) - I think it would fit better to have a new combo here. Actually the 7,8, and 1 sound like they belong together.

Overall I really liked this map!

Insane

02:26:262 - These jumps on this blue combo feel really unnatural. I think some of it has to do with the fact that the even beats (2,4,6,8 of this combo) are actually stacking, so they get shifted out of the line which makes it really weird. Also the way the distance between the note changes from between 1,2,3,4 to between 4 and 5 is confusing. This part is sort of difficult in a bad way so it might be better to try a different pattern for this.

02:41:935 - and 02:47:801 - Now this could just be me being bad (I have played maps with jumps like this though) but these cross screen back and forth jumps just didn't flow well for me. They were surprising and hard to read, and I felt like I just wanted to go somewhere else with my cursor. It may have to do with the circles stacking, which makes it hard to read since they're so far apart.

Best of luck finishing up this mapset!
nariette

Erina wrote:

nariette wrote:

I love it!

Overall
Is it just me or didn't you use any hitsounds except for the normal hit? It's better to use hitsounds like finish or clap etc. It makes your map more interesting to play and I think it's even a requirement for getting it submitted. It could also be me because at the moment thanks to I don't know my osu is acting really weird (especially mania). Yup, there aren't any hitsounds yet. I usually don't bother to add them until later, this is still a work in progress :P
Tags: In the tags shouldn't be anything that is already mentioned in Artist, Title, creator, etc. Perhaps something saying about the genre or iconic lyrics like "It's going down" or "I'm calling", because you already mentioned Timber in the title. Thank you, will fix

Normal:

Hard:
Hitsounds, what I said in the normal difficulty applies here too. Also, some notes overlap that you can't see the notes underneath and only by the approach circle you can see there is another note beneath. For example at 00:04:724 (5,6) - . You should change this so every hitcircle is visible. I don't really think this poses a problem, stacks are pretty common in hard difficulty :?

Thanks for the mod!
Thank you for the kudosu! Of course there is nothing wrong with stacking, but it is common to make sure that the underlying hitcircle is visible, even if it's just the outer ring of the hitcircle (not the approach circle), You should do this particularly in normal and easy difficulties. If you have finished hitsounds and done some final editing I could have another look at it if you want to.

If you are looking for someone to make an easy difficulty, I could map a minute, see if you like my style and technique and you can include it (I'll finish it by then of course).

Oh and by the way, your combo colors are the standard colors (If you knew this and were planning to change this, ignore this). You might like these, but note that they will be different for people using different skins. I use a custom skin and my colours are darkblue, green, darkred, darkorange and darkred again. If this bothers you, you can change this.
Aurele
Timber ~ ♪
Topic Starter
Erina
Kinda confused at how my beatmap suddenly gained so much attention, but whatever, I'm not complaining.

Kennybaaang wrote:

nariette wrote:

Thank you for the kudosu! Of course there is nothing wrong with stacking, but it is common to make sure that the underlying hitcircle is visible, even if it's just the outer ring of the hitcircle (not the approach circle), You should do this particularly in normal and easy difficulties. If you have finished hitsounds and done some final editing I could have another look at it if you want to. That would be wonderful! I'm particularly bad with hitsounds so I'd need people to help me with those :o I'll probably ask you later when I get hitsounds done

If you are looking for someone to make an easy difficulty, I could map a minute, see if you like my style and technique and you can include it (I'll finish it by then of course).

Oh and by the way, your combo colors are the standard colors (If you knew this and were planning to change this, ignore this). You might like these, but note that they will be different for people using different skins. I use a custom skin and my colours are darkblue, green, darkred, darkorange and darkred again. If this bothers you, you can change this. Yes, I was planning on changing this. If you have any color suggestions, feel free to tell me.
For guest difficulties, I apologize for not making things clear. I don't expect to make easy a guest difficulty (unless maybe a mutual friend asks or something), it was just me kinda talking to myself haha :lol: thanks for the offers though!

I'll look at the mod that xjoint posted later

Gabe wrote:

Timber ~ ♪
It's kind of hard to believe that I found this song while working with a few kids on a project for a science competition hehe
Topic Starter
Erina

xjoint wrote:

Hi! Random mod here - I'm pretty new to modding but hopefully I'll have some useful comments.

General
There's 2 .osb files in the folder right now. This is a WIP but just in case for later if you didn't notice. I did not notice, I'll change this soon (gotta find out why there were 2 .osb files first)

Normal
I know this difficulty isn't even completed yet, but just some comments on what's there so far.

00:42:801 (3,1) - and 00:44:339 (4,1) - seem a little tricky for this Normal. There's quite a bit of stacking in this difficulty in general - maybe you'd want to consider making it a little easier to read. Changed a little bit, but I agree that it might be too hard here. I'll look for suggestions on other ways to map this part. For now though, the overall rhythm is staying the same.

01:08:955 (2,3) - Kind of nitpicky, but I think it'd look better if the 2 were more to the left so you have a symmetric blanket. Maybe something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1389207 Done (kind of, I suck at blankets :o

01:44:147 - to 01:50:493 - while I can see how it fits with the music, this segment seems somewhat boring because it's really rectangular with all the straight sliders. Changed!

02:10:878 (2,3) - I think that this part could have better flow. Following the 2 slider then turning up at that angle for the 3 feels awkward - not necessarily too difficult but awkward. Changed!

Hard
02:24:147 (7) - I think it would fit better to have a new combo here. Actually the 7,8, and 1 sound like they belong together. Added NC, but kept the NC on the current 1 because it fits the pattern

Overall I really liked this map! thank you~

Insane

02:26:262 - These jumps on this blue combo feel really unnatural. I think some of it has to do with the fact that the even beats (2,4,6,8 of this combo) are actually stacking, so they get shifted out of the line which makes it really weird. Also the way the distance between the note changes from between 1,2,3,4 to between 4 and 5 is confusing. This part is sort of difficult in a bad way so it might be better to try a different pattern for this.

02:41:935 - and 02:47:801 - Now this could just be me being bad (I have played maps with jumps like this though) but these cross screen back and forth jumps just didn't flow well for me. They were surprising and hard to read, and I felt like I just wanted to go somewhere else with my cursor. It may have to do with the circles stacking, which makes it hard to read since they're so far apart.

Currently, I like both of these as is, and the second one in particular. The second one doesn't usually give anyone much trouble, so I'm not changing for now. I do agree that the stacking makes the first pattern look kind of ugly, I'll consider changing that pattern.

Best of luck finishing up this mapset!
Thanks for the mod! :)
FoShizzle

Kennybaaang wrote:

Erina wrote:

For guest difficulties, I apologize for not making things clear. I don't expect to make easy a guest difficulty (unless maybe a mutual friend asks or something), it was just me kinda talking to myself haha :lol: thanks for the offers though!

No probs. Le beatmap is awesome tho. Respect man. I hope this gets ranked!
AJT
I've only played this map on Hard, but I really love it. I could feel the beat of the notes the whole way through and it's just really fun to play. I hope this gets ranked! Good luck sir. :)
Topic Starter
Erina

akinator127 wrote:

I've only played this map on Hard, but I really love it. I could feel the beat of the notes the whole way through and it's just really fun to play. I hope this gets ranked! Good luck sir. :)
Thank you~~ I'm still working on this occasionally even though it doesn't seem like I am :o

Still remapping Easy and Normal right now, I'm more focused on mapping a different map from Love Live right now though :P
Fantinja
Really like this beatmap =)

I believe this map could be ranked some day :)
Topic Starter
Erina
Don't worry, I'll be reviving this as soon as one of my other maps hits the graveyard :P
Malte
I really liked your insane map because it had so much action and difficult jumps :) It was one of my favourites and i played it at least every two or three days ^^
But the new one is kinda boring compared to the old insane and it has some jumps which are too insane (just my opinion, but I think that won't get ranked...) :/

Maybe you might re-add the old insane one as another difficulty if you want to keep the new one? ^^
However you will do that, I have my backup of the old insane one and I will keep playing on that (because it's awesome!) :P
Topic Starter
Erina

Malte-Sama wrote:

I really liked your insane map because it had so much action and difficult jumps :) It was one of my favourites and i played it at least every two or three days ^^
But the new one is kinda boring compared to the old insane and it has some jumps which are too insane (just my opinion, but I think that won't get ranked...) :/

Maybe you might re-add the old insane one as another difficulty if you want to keep the new one? ^^
However you will do that, I have my backup of the old insane one and I will keep playing on that (because it's awesome!) :P
Quite a few people actually told me this after I remapped the insane, so the old insane is back (with some modifications).

Why did I bother to remap in the first place
Patatkip
i realy like the map
your mapping skils are great :)
Topic Starter
Erina
Another version of this map has been ranked.

I wonder how many of you guys who originally helped me with this and gave me support are still active.

Thank you all so much, I know I've been dead for a while on osu now and haven't touched this map for like a year.

I think we're a bit overdue for a remap, aren't we? ;-)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.