Can't alternate fast enough :(

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Chronopolis-

NixXSkate wrote:

bewaredrev wrote:

you can get faster at singletap then you'll probably end up alternating faster
I can singletap 320bpm 1/2s but I can't stream over 200bpm...
Streaming is done with the fingers instead of the wrist.
Can you do 7+ notes 1/2 chains single tap at 220 bpm? With both keys? Pressing with your fingers? Being able to that should help with streaming at similar speeds.
Almost

-Chronopolis- wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I can singletap 320bpm 1/2s but I can't stream over 200bpm...
Streaming is done with the fingers instead of the wrist.
Can you do 7+ notes 1/2 chains single tap at 220 bpm? With both keys? Pressing with your fingers? Being able to that should help with streaming at similar speeds.
Not everyone single taps with their wrist you know.
Myke B
Probably the same way you went from easys to normals to hards to insanes.
PlasticSmoothie
Play both.
In order to learn speed I'd suggest shorter streams, then moving on to a deathstream with that same speed to learn consistency and control.
thatlaggynoob
Your keyboard has a huge effect on how much streaming stamina you have. I used to only be able to do 150BPM for 50ish combo before I bought my new keyboard. The day I started using my new keyboard I went from 150 -> 180BPM streaming and am able to stream for hundreds of notes more than I used to. Then again, my old keyboard would be able to support a full can of soda on the keys without any of them being pressed. I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina, the difference a new keyboard made to my streaming was VERY noticeable.
GoldenWolf

thatlaggynoob wrote:

I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina
More like, not having a keyboard that sucks is critical to your streaming lol, having a good keyboard is a plus but it's not critical to be good
Lolzy

GoldenWolf wrote:

thatlaggynoob wrote:

I really think having a good keyboard is critical to your streaming stamina
More like, not having a keyboard that sucks is critical to your streaming lol, having a good keyboard is a plus but it's not critical to be good
This
Topic Starter
GlueStickHero
That makes sense. My keyboard is a.... logitexh k260!!!!! Lololol
deletemyaccount
Buy a mechanical keyboard, there should be enough threads on here to tell you which one: I personally recommend a red swtich for osu!standard.
nooblet
I use a laptop keyboard... Mac, too = = probably why I can't stream shit past 200
Soulg
buying a mech keyboard is not giong to suddenly allow you to stream 200 bpm

you have to learn the muscle movement
buny

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
GoldenWolf

buny wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
Except a tablet doesn't allow you to stream 200BPM

but 300BPM
NotCookie_old
I got a tablet and a mechanical keyboard with red switches, then SS'd scarlet rose first try!
Soulg

buny wrote:

Soulg wrote:

a tablet does though
can confirm, with my new tablet i can now SS mad machine dthr
Gretsch
5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k. That's an average of 1 song per day.

You should refer to the number of plays you have rather than how long you've had the game.
Soarezi

Soulg wrote:

can confirm, with my new tablet i can now SS mad machine dthr
I got new shoes, i DT SS'd mad machine, offline though. 8-)
NotCookie_old

Gretsch wrote:

5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k. That's an average of 1 song per day.

You should refer to the number of plays you have rather than how long you've had the game.
You fail at maths.
Conspiration

NotCookie wrote:

Gretsch wrote:

You fail at maths.
Naaah man, there's 1000 days in a month and therefore 12000 Days in a year. He's right. 5 months means nothing when your play count is under 5k!
Soarezi

Gretsch wrote:

5 months = 30~x5 = 150 days, 150 days = 150 times played.
so what you're saying is, 5 months = 5000 days? goddamn
Gretsch
lol oops. I won't make excuses it was a pretty major brain fart
meteor22
the only way to increase stream bpm is to increase singletap bpm. if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Almost

meteor22 wrote:

if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Improving your single tapping speed improves your single tapping speed, it doesn't magically allow you to aim and read better.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.
Improving your single tapping speed improves your single tapping speed, it doesn't magically allow you to aim and read better.
True, but you don't just improve your single tapping without simultaneously doing other skills lol. Unless he just clicks one dot in the center a fuck ton of times.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Almost wrote:

True, but you don't just improve your single tapping without simultaneously doing other skills lol. Unless he just clicks one dot in the center a fuck ton of times.
Could improve your single tapping speed through slow streams.
meteor22

Almost wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

i know it seems a bit wieird but it does, it's not magic it's scientifically proved

just focus on increasing your max singletap speed (not ur stamina just the speed) then you'll read maps much easier, allowing you to aim way better etc

i'm pretty sure many players have experienced that
Almost

meteor22 wrote:

Almost wrote:

i know it seems a bit wieird but it does, it's not magic it's scientifically proved

just focus on increasing your max singletap speed (not ur stamina just the speed) then you'll read maps much easier, allowing you to aim way better etc

If you spend a lot of time playing fast maps to improve your single tapping you obviously become able to play faster maps allowing you to focus on reading fast maps better and reducing error in your aim because of said reading. But that's an indirect effect of training your single tapping speed this way. If you were to train your single tapping by grinding out streams, you won't see any of those improvements that you would see from training in the other method.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

and aim, and reading. If you're practicing single tapping specifically - then you are probably playing a fast songs that will probably require you to be able to aim, and read decently. It's impossible to JUST practice single tapping unless you make a map with all the notes being in one spot.

Edit: I just read what you said

Almost wrote:

But that's an indirect effect of training your single tapping speed this way. If you were to train your single tapping by grinding out streams, you won't see any of those improvements that you would see from training in the other method.
That's basically what I'm getting at, but you are right about not seeing any major improvements from indirect training and all, but it can get you pretty far up until semi-professional level.
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Almost wrote:

and aim, and reading. If you're practicing single tapping specifically - then you are probably playing a fast songs that will probably require you to be able to aim, and read decently. It's impossible to JUST practice single tapping unless you make a map with all the notes being in one spot.
I was talking about training on stream maps like the onlyforyou practice maps with HT or something similar. You don't get any aim or reading out of those.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

I was talking about training on stream maps like the onlyforyou practice maps with HT or something similar. You don't get any aim or reading out of those.
Oh yeah, sure. If you are saying streaming will not really affect your ability to single tap, then I sort of agree. It probably won't all that much (because if you can't single tap faster than the bpm your streaming, you probably can't stream it anyways)
Soulg
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

http://mentaru-shoujo.com/osu/aqo.txt#_=_
that is incredibly long - tl;dr?
nooblet

meteor22 wrote:

the only way to increase stream bpm is to increase singletap bpm. if you improve your singletap then all your other skills (aim speed read) will improve automatically.

meteor22 wrote:

The only way? Care to scientifically prove it for me? I've never seriously single tapped (unless I'm playing mouse mode) and managed to improve my consistent stream speed from like 120 bpm to 200 through just... playing. Don't see why there has to be ONE way to do something.

@Topic, Like others I found it quite useful to find maps with loads of triple/5-stacks, this way you get your little burst of speed and time to rest in between. Personally really liked "Endless Tewi-ma Park". If you want more stamina play the "long stream practice maps", probably wanna start with low bpm's.

You can also try force alternating when you play, since there are some high bpm maps that are much easier done with alternating than single tapping.
Myke B

nooblet wrote:

The only way? Care to scientifically prove it for me? I've never seriously single tapped (unless I'm playing mouse mode) and managed to improve my consistent stream speed from like 120 bpm to 200 through just... playing. Don't see why there has to be ONE way to do something.
I mean you can prove this just by playing, and see for yourself. it does work to an extent, and the reason you haven't seen a jump from 120 to 200 is because that's not the rational. There definitely isn't only one way to do something, and people have their own methods. I'm not defending anyone, but this is what I know to be true. Am I saying single tapping is the best way to increase stream? no. But I am saying that it will indirectly help.
Mathsma

Myke B wrote:

Soulg wrote:

http://mentaru-shoujo.com/osu/aqo.txt#_=_
that is incredibly long - tl;dr?
tl;dr -
osu! is all 1/2 notes at the core, if you want to improve, make maps full of 1/2 notes at your highest finger only single tap speed and set it to OD10 and make the distant snapping change a lot to improve aim, switch fingers every now and then to improve single tapping on both fingers, streams are doubly taps.
Myke B
I better get back to learning mapping then.
buny
aqo training 50 hour cookiezi guarantee or your money back
Myke B

buny wrote:

Sign me up, how much?
Weed

Myke B wrote:

buny wrote:

Sign me up, how much?
utter boredom, RSI, and realizing how unproductive this game really is and quitting
Myke B

bewaredrev wrote:

utter boredom, RSI, and realizing how unproductive this game really is and quitting
Bro.. If anybody who plays games hasn't already realized how unproductive they all are - they're going to have a hard lesson to learn. Anyone who says they wished they hadn't had wasted so much time on this game, they sound silly, because they probably would have just wasted it on something else they found fun.
show more