Myke B
Good job.
Kitteh
Cuppp
Great job on the guide!
Epidemic
Very nicely made. Well done.
Orangez_old
i want to learn stream.. which map can help me stream??
Full Tablet
Elzapatoverde
Wow, this is really neat, good job.
pielak213
­
Weed

pielak213 wrote:

Doesn't seem as good as the mania map guide but good start. t/147552
Hard to check out how good the guide is as an experienced player also. Have you tried contacting newer players to try it out since I think 2.5 stars is kinda hard to start off with.
I started off with 4 stars and was passing. since it's basics I'm sure most people will be able to do these maps after a couple tries. although I think it might scale a bit fast, the 4-4.5 star maps could cause new players some problems.
buny
i started at 3 stars and was failing
the whole point of this guide is for newbies to LEARN basics, not instantly be expected to know them

also consider categorising more maps for people that prefer a different genre, and make packs depending on which type of songs that player enjoys
Akali

Lodellica wrote:

I feel like your skin would be better off being exported as .osk instead of .zip, so that the skin will install itself upon clicking on it in Windows Explorer ^^

Great guide!
Not really, it's good that people learn what they should do with .zips immediately and don't go around asking later.

Nice guide, cool it starts with normals not 2 notes/minute easy diffs.

buny wrote:

also consider categorising more maps for people that prefer a different genre, and make packs depending on which type of songs that player enjoys
It covered enough genres. This is a rhythm game not someone's last.fm, you have to play different things with different rhythms and patterns. After this guide people can look for music they like by themselves, it's "how to understand osu! mechanics" guide not "doing all work for technologically impaired" guide.
buny
they're all japanese songs...
at least some sort of western rnb/hip hop or electronic music should be included; most of the new players generally aren't as weeaboo/into anime as most of you folks on here
-Soba-
Thanks, this guide really helped. Do you offer private lessons?
Nameless
I didn't find this guide helpful; these maps are too hard for me.
AGRX
are you sure the best begginer song would be a dnb ??? there are so many beats which makes it confusing and hard to learn how the slider and circles fits the song
piruchan

Dlowe wrote:

Before beginning, I suggest getting a better skin than the osu! Default skin, which has unwanted clutter.
No love for the default skin.

Nice guide, I wish this exist when I started.
Kouya-
Wow, this is really useful ~

If I was myself 3 months ago, this would be extremely helpful ^~^

(250 post count woop woop, the post counts are real ! )
Weaksaux
Please tell me; How is this good for beginners?
waddlesticks
I'm only half way through this guide and I can already see an improvement to my skill! :D

(Note though, I'm a beginner but have played around with a friend who's pretty decent skilled so I played a lot of hard maps/insane to see how well I'd go.)

I'd recommend though for the ones you state "High Accuracy" with that you state roughly what you mean by that. As for me I see a high accuracy as 85%+ but went with at least between 95% for this tutorial.

Although in my opinion, for every song you should try to at least get an A or an S on them and once you finish the section of the tutorial turn Perfect mode on (I found perfect mode better then Sudden Death due to being able to repeat till I got the SS ranking on a song. And made it more noticeable on spots I kept on screwing up on.)

Although heres a few songs I reckon would be great to chuck into this guide (Since they helped me a lot to get a hang of the game)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/315553 <- Rostik - Liquid (Paul Rosenthal Remix) [Normal]
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/93958 <- Serj Tankian - Lie Lie Lie [Hard] (this song helped me so much in getting use to songs that change pace during them)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/223982 <- Assertive Fluttershy - Booring! [Normal]
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/203060 <- Blue Stahli - Shotgun Senorita (Zardonic Remix) [Niva's Normal] (Quite a tricky song that's worth learning how to do)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/263472 <- Nhato - LIMBO [Normal] (This song would be great as one before you go to the hard difficulties, a great mix up of a lot of things and also goes in to a pulsating background side of things to help practice ignoring any small distractions in the game)

But once again, great tutorial and worth while for any new person to try out!
YamiHikari
Good guide for beginners and it will definitely appeal to those who love Japanese music/songs :)
d3athl3lad3
Wow , nice guide , I really benefited from it , loved all the beatmaps :)
Aki desu_old
Waahh!! It helps me alot... What's next senpai?
Foxidesu
The author kinda disappeared but i am starting myself some osu vlog videos for beginners

i wont post the link there but if you wanna check my yt is in my profile sooo yehh
nice guide for sure :)
Topic Starter
Dlowe
Hey there everyone!

Sorry I kind of dropped off of the face of the earth in the Osu community, things came up and I managed to slip away from the grasp of the game.
I plan to do another guide like this, hopefully one for before reaching this point, and one to start your approach for after you've mastered these songs! I'll keep the thread updated with links of those, and will also be streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/dlowe4242.

Hope to see you soon, and feel free to send any PM's if you've got questions, or even to push me onward to making more guides a reality.
E m i
hi again
ZenithPhantasm
Nice necro post. How many osu guides are there now? Like 1000+?!?
pandaBee
How can I get good?
Nozda
:) this has helped me aa loooot big thxx
StephOsu
i thought the community was actually so supportive to guides until i realize that it's a necro and how the community had fallen
ZenithPhantasm

StephOsu wrote:

i thought the community was actually so supportive to guides until i realize that it's a necro and how the community had fallen
Theres only like a thousand other guides.
trueDan
Thank you so much, now I can beat maps that I used to fail after 10 seconds with s-rank .
Zionius
Very good guide. Thank you very much, now im finally good at osu.
Tzubasa
Pretty good work, but I gave up at the last one, becuase that was so fucking retarded. :x
pairos23
Hello there!
just wanted to say that this guide is amazing. got me smoothly from absolute beginner to hard songs.
the difficulty curve is perfectly tuned with each song pushing you a bit but not enough to get frustrated.

Thanks a lot Dlowe for taking the time to do this. great work
Dyvance
Very Thanks man .3
Setters_old
Heh, thanks
The Gambler
Pretty sure jesus1412 already did a guide
Deva

The Gambler wrote:

When you are dealing with blind people who are too lazy to look then theres never enough guides.
The Gambler

HK_ wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

When you are dealing with blind people who are too lazy to look then theres never enough guides.
Pretty sure this thread is a circlejerk for those who think they got the hang of osu!

While I commend OP for valiant effort, I do say that there's no such thing as getting the hang of osu... I really do mean this in a practical sense.

In a more productive sense, why don't threads work like git? There should be a main thread and OP can merge posts from other threads into the main one... Helps a lot with many duplicate threads.
-hyakuya
:) :)
show more