forum

[added] Skinning request: end of slider hit circle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +52
Topic Starter
Yarissa
This is a kinda unimportant feature request and I'm not sure if it has been requested before. Apologies if it has, and wasteland/ lock it if so.

I think it'd be great to have separate hit circles/ hitcircle overlays at the start and ending of sliders. I'm aware of the fact that you can already have different hitcircle overlays; this is a separate request. I'd like for the start of sliders and end of sliders to consistently have DIFFERENT hit circle overlays.

Here's a little text example:
Regular slider-
START O=========O END
Skinned slider-
START O=========O END

Skin behavior for reverse sliders could be specified in skin.ini, maybe?

As someone who is always playing with my skin to optimize it for competition, I would find this very helpful. It would help me act a little faster when moving from slider to slider in a slider intensive map such as Dance Number
Myke B
so like the end of the hit circle would have an approach circle as well?
deadbeat
might be a duplicate. sounds familiar...
buny

Myke B wrote:

no, the end of the hit circle would be skinnable so it can look completely different than the start
[ -Harasho- ]

buny wrote:

Myke B wrote:

no, the end of the hit circle would be skinnable so it can look completely different than the start
this would be very disordered, people will think that's a new combo (hit circle with another combo color) and they will miss the slider
loldcraft
You could go to your skin, save your hitcircle/slider head as "hitcircleoverlay-0.png" and slider tail as "hitcircleoverlay.png"

(If i'm interpreting your request correctly)
Topic Starter
Yarissa

loldcraft wrote:

You could go to your skin, save your hitcircle/slider head as "hitcircleoverlay-0.png" and slider tail as "hitcircleoverlay.png"

(If i'm interpreting your request correctly)
That would cause the next hitcircle in the combo to appear differently, and not just the sliders.

My request is specifically regarding sliders
Topic Starter
Yarissa
Bumping this since it's a little more relevant with the rising popularity of hitcircleless skins
Dephix
bumping since i want to make my slider ends more noticeable
Dephix
and theres no way to use combo colors
marbL-
bump, I need this right now
WingSilent
hitcircle-slider-end.png ?
DT-sama

IT HAPPENED.
cookieop_old

- DT - wrote: