show more
ninomu
My osu keeps with black screen D:
Guy-kun

ninomu wrote:

If you've tried the steps in the first post
You might need the directX or OpenGL runtime,
Its surprising that you don't have either...
ninomu

Guy-kun wrote:

ninomu wrote:

If you've tried the steps in the first post
You might need the directX or OpenGL runtime,
Its surprising that you don't have either...
I cant enter with d3d

I got a low card...
Randy96
What about OpenGL?
ninomu
thats the renderer i use

Its with the black screen D:
crazytaxi69
mine is having that just got it today i tried to change it to opengl or d3d but its still black any other solutions?
ninomu
Now i know the solution of that, my c was 16 bit screen quality, i changed it to 32 bit and i can see osu again
[deleted user]
hello everyone...i am new member to this forum...please can anyone provide me complete information about this forum.
James2250

angela25 wrote:

hello everyone...i am new member to this forum...please can anyone provide me complete information about this forum.
Assuming you don't have a bug with this you shouldn't post here
Erm I think the forum pretty much explains itself? If you look around you can find what everything is normally by it's title, idk what else you really need explaining
You can introduce yourself to the forum here or ask any questions that you can't find answers to by looking around or asking anyone else here
[deleted user]
algien sabe como jugar???? :( esque soy nueva y no se como algien me puede ayudar porfa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :cry:
dark form10
man...I tried everything on this post but my screen is still the same
Cristian

dark form10 wrote:

your video card is too old but somethimes like my old pc is the same just reinstall PC or reboot or check your PC or notebook...
PD: i got notebook now -3-
Huskatron

dark form10 wrote:

Sometimes lowering the frame rate works. Even though I use unlimited d3d. When I tested OpenGL; I think I had to set it to about 60 or 120fps limit.
xRo Kazex
mine is after change the screen size become black screen but in edit beatmap i can see if i click back it become black screen again
can some 1 help me? :(
wilky_sandy
i tried and .... it does'nt work
milowil

Echo wrote:

Browse to the folder you installed osu! to (C:\Program Files\osu! by default) and open the "osu!.[username].cfg" file using any text editor, such as Notepad. The [username] part is the username for your account on your computer, not your osu! account.

Once open, find the line that starts with

Renderer = ###
and replace ### with the other value:

Renderer = d3d
Renderer = opengl
Save the file and restart osu!.
MillhioreF
Hello outdated thread. Why are you still sticky?
Asropmpme
Thank you this is work for me :D
rofliskilled
i got it fixed by going to were the first person told me to go and i changed my resolution to my resolution width=1920 height=1080 and resolution=1080 and that fixed it then i changed it back to windowed mode and now it's fixed but if you have a lower resolution changed it to what ever you have, i hope this helped but if it didn't sorry
Mike Ace
I Got Problem With My Taiko Skins :/
When I Play Taiko Mode And I Restart / Quit The Game And Finally Blackscreen
Therealsage
I'm having the same issue with the black screen on startup, I'm running on an GTX780 and Intel I7 4790 so there should not be any problems with running the game at all.... Just can't figure this out... :?:
XthHaseoXth
I have the same problem however this situation happened when i was editing a song, i was in OsuMania testing it out and next thing i know the screen goes black. i still see the toolbars such as File, Edit View, Compose, etc. however if i click an option i get an error screen.

The amusing thing is when i open Osu everything is fine, *Even the song i edited is was able to play in single mode* however, when i would try to access it Via Edit Mode, it would appear as a black screen. as far as i experimented, my WIP song is the ONLY one in edit mode that does this. does anyone have a solution? because i'd be upset if i have to REDO THIS AGAIN :(
KinkiN

XthHaseoXth wrote:

I have the same problem however this situation happened when i was editing a song, i was in OsuMania testing it out and next thing i know the screen goes black. i still see the toolbars such as File, Edit View, Compose, etc. however if i click an option i get an error screen.

The amusing thing is when i open Osu everything is fine, *Even the song i edited is was able to play in single mode* however, when i would try to access it Via Edit Mode, it would appear as a black screen. as far as i experimented, my WIP song is the ONLY one in edit mode that does this. does anyone have a solution? because i'd be upset if i have to REDO THIS AGAIN :(
well this is not your problem. OP got black screen after opening the osu!

but you, you got it when editing a song. I think it's because you got not enough memory (RAM)
XthHaseoXth
It was doing fine with editing before though..so why does it ONLY happen with this one song AND THIS ONE DIFFICULTY..? i don't believe it's the RAM's fault tbh
onizuka-
:v i have same problem :3
try changing the renderer, still not work :(
soo..., i switch osu!.exe graphics from High to power saver.., and it's works well !! :D

#i'm using amd radeon, dont know the version XD
sorry for my bad english :v :o
Suyu Kongu
I have same problem :(
Kuronosu
How is this resolved if it's not resolved? Anyway I have black screen randomly, but always after I finish playing a map, and trying to return to the song selection menu. Black screen instead of the menu. Not even music, tho i can hear the chat tab opening and closing (pressing F8) and if I manage to blindly bring my cursor over a link or tab (the clicking sound).

Using the Stable (Latest) version btw.
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads. This thread is 6 years old. Make a new thread explaining your issue please
magemonstre
uhuh thanks dude i don't really care about renderer but it works!!
Underforest
great to hear but please, don't bump old threads
Pelzig
I don't have a program file for it… and I don't know where else it would be help