forum

What switch do you use for Osu! and do you recommend it?

posted
Total Posts

Red or Blue MX switches?

Cherry Red MX Switch
43.75%
Cherry Blue MX Switch
18.75%
Cherry Brown MX Switch
31.25%
Cherry Black MX Switch
0.00%
Cherry Green MX Switch
6.25%
Total votes: 16
Topic Starter
Xyrax Alaria
I've been looking around for a long time as to what mechanical switch is best for Osu! Right now I'm stuck deciding between red and blue but I want to know what other people think. I want blues because I like really clicky keys for both gaming and typing, but I'm not too sure yet.

What switches do you guys run and on what keyboard? o:

EDIT: Votes have been reset due to me adding in greens... Wish I coulda known it was going to do that... Anyhow if you stumble across this again and have voted before please recast your vote :)
Weed
no greens? :cry:
Bweh
I use(d to use) nigger switches

They were okay. Could pull in some massive speed feats with it and it felt like my fingers were hitting air. Dunno about other switch types.
TakuMii
^lolwut
I use Browns because the cool stepmania players use them because they're a very good all-around switch. They're as light as Reds, but are more tactile (therefore better for typing).
iambs
I use reds cause they're the lightest ones around and are the best for gaming.
Other than that I've heard blue switches are also very good.
Ven
I use blue switches but I do want reds.

brb wasting more money
GenoClysm
power to all red switches.
all other keyboards are not good
Oinari-sama
Brown suits my typing style the best and I wouldn't trade it for other switches. I do a lot of typing work daily so this CM Quickfire TK Brown isn't just for osu.
Shadow
I've only ever used a mechanical keyboard that has Cherry Blue MX Switch's. Type's very well (and I type a lot too!) and for osu! it helps me keep nice and consistent when streaming (when I was still playing that is, new PC is arriving soon then I can get back into the action)

I've heard a lot of good things about Red's too, but you cant go wrong with Blue either. =)

GL,HF
Lach
red because i am a weak sissy boy and can't push down blue or black switches without getting tired
Senpoii
I don't even know what switches are in this thing, but I use a G13 Logitech gaming pad for Osu...

DT-sama
No greens option? Oh well...

TakuMii

Ilfri wrote:

I don't even know what switches are in this thing, but I use a G13 Logitech gaming pad for Osu...
those aren't mechanical
Topic Starter
Xyrax Alaria

DT-sama wrote:

I heard Greens weren't that popular D: I'll add in the option since two people seemed to want them though xD
IppE

DT-sama wrote:

Greens are relatively heavy and thus not optimal for neet circle clickings.
hinamizawan
red... cause they good
hurr