forum

Video games now play themselves

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
LuigiHann
I think it's an interesting idea. There are points in games where something stops being fun and starts being annoying, and I just want to skip that part and go on to the rest of the game, so this would be cool to have.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Their rationale is "we get to make games harder now" so I'm just fine with this.
K2J
I hope not too hard. This feature shouldn't be a requirement for the average gamer - don't make the levels so hard that most players lose 8 lives in one go, only some do.

(This is coming from a guy who uses AutoPilot for anything above 3 stars, but...)
Two_old
all games should have easy medium and hard modes
Pokebis
Did you guys know osu! has auto-play?
K2J
From what I understand, you can use this feature to actually progress in the game, but it won't be a perfect runthrough. osu!'s Auto mod doesn't produce ranked scores, obviously, and it's the absolute best possibility for a map.
awp
YoshiKart
Thank you Nintendo for harder Mario games.

I really hope this'll be harder than SMB2J. :?
awp
SMB2J wasn't hard until the final Bowser level. I breezed through most of the game until that point and then I died like 12 times and Game Over'd.
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
You have to die a lot to activate this feature, so it's fine with me, especially since it won't get you the secrets or anything, and will relieve a lot of frustration. I mean, I don't know how many games I shamefully stopped playing because I couldn't get past this one part after trying for an hour or two. You can make it challenging, sure, but let me get past a super hard part if I've been trying for a while and just want to continue on with the game.

SMB2J? If it's the game I'm thinking of, God, I sucked at it. I should try it again, now that I'm not playing on an HDTV, though. I think it's just a case of me sucking in general, but you never know.
RemmyX25
Derekku
I came into this topic expecting something like:

YoshiKart
I necessarily 11-starred it even though you only need like what, 8 stars to unlock Worlds A-D? On Virtual Console though. nesDS for on-the-go. :P

I honestly don't care about the Super Guide thing. Like lukewarm said...

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Their rationale is "we get to make games harder now" so I'm just fine with this.