forum

1/6 notes in 1/4 patterns

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jerry
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has trouble with these kinds of patterns :

When they come out at the end or beginning of a 1/4 pattern, it's perfectly easy to clear, but when they appear out of nowhere during a really long 1/4 stream (especially in a fast 180BPM++ map), it's almost impossible for me to read and clear them.

And it's even worst when there's more than one of them :

So.. are there any tips/tricks on clearing these kinds of patterns?
Noobita
get better
Backfire
These are just terrible mapping practices in general. It's not intuitive. There is not much of a trick to them, just be good. There's no way to learn them and its not even really necessary because only mean mappers do this ;)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
NoYzE
TnT has it too on some inner oni maps.
If it's too hard i guess the only thing you can to is practice more :P
Dolphin
1/6 in 1/4 patterns isn't called "hard" or "difficult" or "challenging"

It's called "fucking awful mapping"

:lol:
EBAWER123

Dolphin wrote:

Even as a joke you should think before you post.
LZD
true skill :D
Dolphin

EBAWER123 wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

I do think before I post and when I posted that I thought "SOMEONE is gonna hate me for this but I don't give two damns! Hahaha!!"
XK2238

Dolphin wrote:

EBAWER123 wrote:

I do think before I post and when I posted that I thought "SOMEONE is gonna hate me for this but I don't give two damns! Hahaha!!"
so that means you gave one!
/me runs
Dolphin

XK2238 wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

so that means you gave one!
/me runs
Yes I gave it to someone who needed it more than me :lol:
Yuzeyun

Dolphin wrote:

It's called "Learn to hit 1/5" more like
Dolphin

_Gezo_ wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

It's called "Learn to hit 1/5" more like
Don't get me wrong, I think 1/6 relatively easy to hit (even if its in a 1/4 stream) but I still think it's a rather poor mapping choice.

Also where did 1/5 come from :?
Yuzeyun
between beats 5 notes = 1/5
and the OD perfectly allows for this
tetsutaro
inb4 I cannot distinguish between Anmitsu and Reverse Anmitsu
But one of them means across an uneven stream you play as if it was evenly spaced, i.e. Gezo's "learn to play 1/5"
(The other one means in a long evenly spaced stream you start a bit off to offset for unsteady hits due to stamina drain)
Practice authentic map: Houou Tenbu Mugen Kuzure

Also having 24ths in 16ths where the music is also exactly put like that is not "f*cking awful"
Backfire

tetsutaro wrote:

Also having 24ths in 16ths where the music is also exactly put like that is not "f*cking awful"
Actually it can be pretty bad. Just because the music is put in a certain way does not mean you can't make compromises to make it playable or fun. You can often map things in several different ways. I believe mapping and music are different entities.

For example, you would not put something as 1/8 simply because it's there as 1/8. It is not playable under most circumstances. You understand? Certain things can be compromised for the enjoyment of others. I don't want to make someone miss on purpose, and that is most of the time what 1/6 within 1/4 is.

For me, if I am using this technique, I start with 1/6 and end with 1/4 or vice verse. This allows for more intuitive play and doesn't require you to be Noobita to play it :x

Of course, this is only my ideals, others will always think in other ways so I won't bag on their idea of fun. This style of mapping has proven to be popular anyways.
kouzuki_karen
buy a mechanical keyboard

practice more
Hyroo
It's not like I hate those types of patterns. They're annoying, sure. But they somehow got me ready for things like such to come up.

The only way you could somehow ease it up just a little bit is to put on HR. But I doubt that could help in most cases
karterfreak

mrdumpling64 wrote:

buy a mechanical keyboard
This does nothing to help you play 1/4+1/6 at all.
[Rdyjin]
Those notes also generally aren't relevant for most maps, especially the maps geared at "average" taiko players. Going into 12*+ Oni where those streams actually become a common thing is pretty much putting yourself out there as wanting pain.
Juuryoushin
There is no way but to find your own method in order to read those weird streams. (depends of "how" you will take the problem, it's not only a matter of mass-retrying something, think about it.)
If you want to train a specific pattern, then make your own custom diff with a "problematic" stream and repeat the movement till you can FC it several times without getting any misses. It's the same thing as you were learning basic patterns I suppose....
It slightly becomes "automatic" as you do it many times a day.
EBAWER123
Either you can't read them or you can't hit them. Usually it's a mixture of both. Easiest way to practice such patterns is to play unranked maps. Glalucard, Nyan, yoyo, 777 they all have quite a few maps with such patterns. Just pick a slow one and try to play it. After a certain time it will click and your brain will understand that these patterns are same as usual just sped up. Like with all practice related to taiko you should go out of your comfort zone not by far but just a little and play, play, play. The only shortcut in existence is TbT and custom training maps which you create yourself to practice difficult patterns. Taiko is not that hard at all, just as anything it requires a certain time investment in the correct direction and voilà, you are a 達人(^ω^)