forum

Just got a tablet. Any tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old
Pen grip, pen area for beginners, etc?
It feels so wierd as I never used a tablet before.
Pettanko
P
R

C
T

C
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old

Pettanko wrote:

P
R

C
T

C
uhm
what
GoldenWolf
hint number 2:

A

I

E
Ruhe
Just hold the stylus like you hold your pen when you write or draw ;-;
AmaiHachimitsu
Just got a tablet. Any tips?
Sell it and play with mouse

As to the "quiz"

PRACTICE FFS
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old

GoldenWolf wrote:

hint number 2:

A

I

E
oh oㅅo
[ Katsu ]
experiment with different grips & areas to find what is best suited to yourself, it will probably take a while to do this so be patent and have fun!
Please
here

take your time to experiment on your play area. big or small, hover or drag, it is all up to you to decide. pen mode btw
Myke B
Stick with it, and try full area to start with? Gotta get use to that absolute positioning.
Bweh
Try drawing chinese cartoons with it
Sal32

Myke B wrote:

Stick with it, and try full area to start with? Gotta get use to that absolute positioning.
But I start with small area
Am I doing it wrong?
Myke B

Sal32 wrote:

Myke B wrote:

But I start with small area
Am I doing it wrong?
You sure aren't buddy. If you like it - then stick with it :) It is my personal opinion, that when first getting use to a tablet - full area is a good place to start. I started out with 1024 x 768 on a 1920x1080 monitor using full area, and now I play with http://i.imgur.com/TvAWZis.png on full screen. Full area helped me get my feet wet, but I decided that I like the bigger circles, and less movement.

EDIT: the screen area should be full screen, but I forgot to switch it a long time ago when I tried the osu resolution 1280x960 and I just got use to it without ever knowing. Just goes to show you - whatever feels best is the right way.
TakuMii
Since you just got your tablet, I'd recommend finding the biggest area you can be comfortable with and stick to it until you get used to it. The more movement you make, the more precise your movements will be (to an extent).
Personally, I've been using full area full screen pretty much since I started, and I'm doing just fine.
ElykColdster
I would recommend starting with a larger area. Personally I began by using the smallest active area possible for about two months and realized I was missing a LOT when I started playing insanes and jump-happy songs. I had to slowly adjust to a larger size (it's a little over half of the total area atm) to complete jumps more consistently and the transition would've been a hell of a lot easier if I had just used a larger area to begin with. If it turns out your hands absolutely cannot move fast enough on a larger area, adjust your size. Going from large -> small is a lot easier IMO since doing so requires less movement overall.

Also try hovering your pen above your tablet to save your nib(s).