forum

osu! hitbox team

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dexus
http://hitbox.tv/team/osulive

It's an alternative to twitch that runs much smoother. I would recommend switching to it. If you would like to be a part of the hitbox team just ask. I'll clean up the team page once I have the time.
beeboy123
I can see why you like Hitbox more than you like Twitch but it simply is never going to happen.

Hitbox has less viewers - While this may not be a problem to some people. Lots of people stream so other people can enjoy themselves and its more satisfying to see 10 - 30 viewers (tons of people get way less than that) than 4 or 5.

Less streamers - While this may not seem like a big deal it actually is. When I go on twitch I like to have an option to watch from 2 or 3 people who I enjoy watching across many platforms. Most experienced and entertained streamers will be on Twitch so the likelihood of me checking Hitbox for the few people that switch over is very low which leads to a lot less viewers.

I would go on but I'm tired of typing about this topic and I'm waiting to hear what you have to say about Hitbox outside it being smoother.

P.S. I feel like there would be better discussion on this topic in General Development Mod PLZ
Senpoii
Looks interesting... Count me in.
Topic Starter
Dexus
Twitch's service has declined. Hitbox seems like it's more transparent from the broadcaster to the viewer so it provides for less issues. The whole point of me making this thread was to spread word of hitbox (it's in beta) to other osu! players. Plus the whole kappa and jtv emotes are getting annoying.

Ilfri please tell me what your hitbox username is so I can add you to the team.
Weed
you can add me bewaredrev

although i doubt the more popular streamers will switch unless you convince them, so there probably wont be many viewers
Senpoii

Dexus wrote:

Ilfri please tell me what your hitbox username is so I can add you to the team.
Ilfri.

:D
TakuMii
The problem with switching from Twitch to another service is actually not dissimilar to the YouTube situation in my eyes. Sure, you can get a better experience by switching to a technologically better service, but it really doesn't matter very much if it would mean potentially sacrificing 90% of your audience. Twitch is simply more popular and more widely supported (even by osu!), so switching to this wouldn't be worth it, at least from my perspective.
Topic Starter
Dexus
Yeah the lack of common users is a problem, but I'm willing to put up with the change for a better service. Twitch has just progressively gotten worse and this recent change to where it has a huge delay is really something I want to avoid. Hitbox has lower latency and the quality is much higher.

Also I sent the invites out to you two that wanted to join the team.

Edit:
Another thing is I've been with twitch since it started (I was actually a part of justin tv in the early days, I recall only a handful of people streaming games at that time). I've seen how it progressed and it's pretty much the same. There will be a few users at first, but it will have a large turn out.