forum

Seo Taiji - '07 Class Idea

posted
Total Posts
show more
whymeman
[Normal]

00:44:078 (2,3) - Too close together.
01:01:037 (5,1,2) - Not lined up neatly.

Also, I thought the SB objects can only be up to 640 x 480 large? You have a few that are larger than that.

I can see the Stacking Leniency is also disabled too...
Starrodkirby86

whymeman wrote:

Also, I thought the SB objects can only be up to 640 x 480 large? You have a few that are larger than that.
The size is actually 800x600, though I seem to have forgot about those dimensions anyway (Maybe because this work took place before Hikato even uploaded the map and it was under Nexy's ownership? xP). This will take a while in resizing since I will need to find the correct scale proportions from there and then replace all of that...

My bad.
Shinde
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mosluv

whymeman wrote:

[Normal]

00:44:078 (2,3) - Too close together. Do I really have to move these? It would break the symmetry I have going, unless you want me to make them into small jumps.
01:01:037 (5,1,2) - Not lined up neatly. Fixed.

I can see the Stacking Leniency is also disabled too... It's not disabled. It's on 0.2, which is the lowest allowed.
Thanks for the mod :) !
Topic Starter
Hikato
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
whymeman
mosluv
ztrot
Plz place stacking at 1, 0.2 is just blah and to close to zero.
other than that after that I'd bubble when you are ready.
mosluv
I'm sorry but anything above 0.2 makes the map look like crap. I don't understand why 0.2 would be selectable in the editor if it's not allowed.
LoL Hyunkyu
star
Kim Jin Seok
Fuuko
Kujo
Star~
AngelHoney
cool!!!

star :) :)
Layola_old
:P
Tanmak
:D
DeathxShinigami
Follow the passion~
Jarby
Stacking leniency. STACKING LENIENCY. Slider tick rate at 2 would be nice. Make an Easy.

Nexy's Nuts:

Single combos, random spacing changes and illogical jumps can go die. All of them.
mosluv
I'm sorry you hate it, but my question still hasn't been answered in my previous post here.
Jarby
Oh, that. Well, it shouldn't be? I've never seen a map successfully use max overall difficulty if that's some sort of comparison.
Layola_old
Max overall difficulty? He's talking about the stack leniency. Why is 0.2 selectable if it's not allowed?

EDIT: Nvm, I misunderstood you.
mosluv

JarJarJacob wrote:

Oh, that. Well, it shouldn't be? I've never seen a map successfully use max overall difficulty if that's some sort of comparison.
It's not a good comparison. There are some maps that use low stacking leniency very well.

I'll point out this one: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/3682
This uses no stacking leniency and it does so very well.

You're just pointing out something you don't like unless you can show me where it says 0.2 is not allowed. I won't be changing it on my difficulty. Even the guidelines don't say anything. This also applies for the other stuff you said that can go die. The illogical jumps and spacing changes make perfect sense to me and a lot of other people here that haven't said anything about them. Only thing I don't mind changing are the single combos.
Starrodkirby86
Just because the Stack Leniency is at the very left does not mean it's disabled. Stack Leniency at 0.2 (The lowest it can be from the editor) is only acceptable if at higher levels the map doesn't work. So if it works well on .3, then it should be moved to .3, and so forth (And if it doesn't well, clearly you're not supposed to have the leniency on that tick :P).

Anyway, here's the fixed storyboard. Some of the images might be blurrier because of the image resizing, but that's fine, right? It still plays well.

Download: extract in song folder.zip
Topic Starter
Hikato
Thanks. :) updated~!
I doubt this will ever get ranked since everyone is bitching about the stack leniency.
whymeman
Topic Starter
Hikato
Cyclone
I haven't read all the posts nor have i even played the map all the way through, but as is, the map is completely unrankable due to stacking... or complete lack thereof. The reason you have such a low stack leniency is NOT the reason the option exists. If you do not wish to change it, please do not try to get the map ranked.
Jarby
RemmyX25
Popping bubble.

[Normal] feels too hard to be considered the "Easier" difficulty, and the beatmap listings consider it a Hard. Shouldn't be too hard to make a bare-bones [Easy] difficulty though.

Also, I agree with the rest of the BATs in saying the stack leniency is too low. It would look SO much better if it was turned up a bit more in each of the difficulties.

Otherwise, great map and awesome storyboard, Starrod
anonymous_old
I can say for H-MiX stacking is definitely no an issue for me. 1/4's are stacked but 1/2's aren't, and that adds to the style of the map.

For Nexy's I think it may fit to increase the stack leniency, though.
Topic Starter
Hikato

RemmyX25 wrote:

Popping bubble.
Shouldn't be too hard to make a bare-bones [Easy] difficulty though. It's actually extremely hard for me to make an easy. Everything I try to make comes out at hard or higher usually.

Also, I agree with the rest of the BATs in saying the stack leniency is too low. It would look SO much better if it was turned up a bit more in each of the difficulties. This was changed from 0.2 to 0.4. It wont be changed higher as changing it to 0.4 has already messed up the map from how we wanted it to look.
I'll attempt to make an easy, but the stack leniency wont be changed from 0.4. If this prevents it from being ranked, so be it.
Ephemeral
Give the guy a break. The map is fine - it doesn't need an easy (although one would have been nice, there's no point totally resetting the modding cycle at this priority) and the stack leniency issues have been dealt with.

Bubbled. And can we keep it this way unless some real issues pop up that I might have missed?
Cyclone
I was simply asked to look into the matter, but this is a judgment call, and will not settle the issue unless i feel i need to. This is due to the fact that i have not actually modded this map.

My personal opinion is that either:

Normal needs to be easier (i didn't like the 1/2 long sliders for instance, or some of the overlapping patterns)

or

This needs an Easy.

This is only if you actually want a balanced beatmap set that will cover all player ranges though. Right now it's "experienced players and up." I highly doubt any new players will have anything to play with this. I strongly suggest making an easy, or making normal easier.

On a side note:

01:52:198 (3,4) - Change this to follow the music. I don't care that it won't be symmetric then. Breaking off from the music like this is completely unacceptable. (this is for normal)

All that being said, we should always be pushing mappers to create something better, something MORE than just the bare minimum for ranking. I probably would push the matter of creating something easier more had I modded this.
Topic Starter
Hikato
Okay, an easy was added and normal was updated.
Ephemeral
Jarby
Herpderp
RemmyX25
mosluv

Cyclone wrote:

01:52:198 (3,4) - Change this to follow the music. I don't care that it won't be symmetric then. Breaking off from the music like this is completely unacceptable. (this is for normal)
I didn't see this message before it got ranked, and I'm guessing Hikato thought I changed it when I gave him the normal. But this part is still the same and I don't see why it's unacceptable. I thought it sounded good and flowed well with the music.
anonymous_old
Insert insane amounts of rage here.
Shinde
show more