posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FreshMint
Isn't even easy, thoughts?
Wishy
Use the search function.
Myke B
Lol, it can be very confusing (for me at least) Go watch MillhioreF's freedom dive replay..
Lach
Impressive to watch, useless to play.
Wishy
Ez mode is great for improving some specific skills, it's not useless.
ityka
Yeah, FAR from useless. great low AR and reading practice. going such fast, wow isn't the only way to play the game. Many great players can read really low AR
buny
nobody needs to read ar -5 though.
Myke B

buny wrote:

nobody needs to read ar -5 though.
Yeah, I can't imagine that would be too useful.
Aqo

Lach wrote:

useless to play.
helps with spaced streams and high bpm

it's like the most useful thing once you're deep enough into this game
pielak213
­
Lach
While I do agree that reading low AR is a valuable skill, it's pretty difficult to set scores of value using it.
tokaku
EZ mod should increase score
Aqo

Lach wrote:

While I do agree that reading low AR is a valuable skill, it's pretty difficult to set scores of value using it.
When you're playing a spaced stream on 220bpm, you see like 10 circles on your screen at once with AR9.

This isn't about "reading lower AR".
Illus

kartistenn wrote:

EZ mod should increase score
I disagree. If you actually learn to read maps in EZ mod you could abuse the system really hard since the OD is like nothing. SapphireGhost would be rank 1 then. (Not that his skills are unimpressive, but #1 would be a bit too much)

Anyway, I think it's still worth playing since it improves reading quite nicely without too many disadvantages. So, what the others said. Personally, I started to enjoy it and right now, I'm starting to think that it's easier for me to get into Insanes + EZ than into Insanes + HR...
MillhioreF

pielak213 wrote:

Learning easy mod =
1. playing easy instead of nofail
2. impressing people
3. makes map genuinely easier
4. improved reading
Exactly this. Improved reading is the biggest bonus if you care about competitive play, I can usually play Hidden on maps with AR8 or AR7 that are full of nomod scores because most people can't read them with HD.
Zakdawg

Lach wrote:

Just because the system is flawed (imo) and doesn't reward EZ mode doesn't make the scores any less impressive.
Myke B

Zakdawg wrote:

Lach wrote:

Just because the system is flawed (imo) and doesn't reward EZ mode doesn't make the scores any less impressive.
It's called easy mode for a reason. Why would you get a bonus? I realize that it CAN be difficult to use, but there is no reason easy should be in line with HDHRDT imo.
Soulg
learning to read EZ is much easier than learning to have good aim, accuracy, and speed required to play hard songs with HDHR or DT. Except that EZ is annoying to learn because it seems useless (and hell, it is) and you wont really get a lot of top scores, so very few both to learn it. so no it should give a positive score mod, at the MOST it should give 1.00x, but even that is such a huge stretch.

however its actually really fun, and im not even that good at it yet. and it does help with some harder maps that you normally wouldnt have the aim or speed to play.
Aqo
Easy should not give 1.0x or higher by any means as the increased circle size completely trivializes certain spaced stream patterns and the lower OD generally makes maps legitimately easier. Being able to read lower AR is still cool but EZ does indeed make maps easier and on some maps the amount how much it makes them easier is quite significant.

Need a new mod that lowers AR but caps OD at 10 and keeps original circle size, that can give bonus score and would be a cool mod.
buny
see: every tag4 map