forum

skill level relative to number of plays

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wishy

buny wrote:

or asian
Indeed if you are asian you can get top DT scores with 30 PC.
YukinoDesuDesu
if only i also were a cookiezi...

/cries*
Myke B
well.. if you're worried about passing freedom dive with a 10k play count, I would say most would tell you your play count is too low, no? That's what I mean
YukinoDesuDesu

Myke B wrote:

well.. if you're worried about passing freedom dive with a 10k play count, I would say most would tell you your play count is too low, no? That's what I mean

Wishy wrote:

buny wrote:

or asian
Indeed if you are asian you can get top DT scores with 30 PC.
but but
requirement; 30 pc
Myke B
If you go past 30 - You're aren't Asian enough. No more than 30, no less than 30k. If you fall between the middle you're fucked.
pielak213
­
Topic Starter
xxdeathx
ITT: everyone with 4 digit ranks
GoldenWolf

Asiangodx2 wrote:

/cries*
Who?
iWhorse

xxdeathx wrote:

implying 4 digit rank takes remotely any skill to get, or rare

where you spend your plays is just as important as your playcount, from an improvement standpoint
Blueprint
Play count doesn't mean all that much I'm personally slow and sometimes just sometimes I sit there retrying 1 song 50 times, I play alot of songs I can't do at all because they're fun maps.(Mess around to much ) ^^
buny

xxdeathx wrote:

Performance: 804pp (#48,358)
Myke B

buny wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

Performance: 804pp (#48,358)
I think he means everyone besides himself :/
tokaku
Some people learn faster than others. Like it took me 5k+ plays to decently do an insane while others take only 1k+. Play count isn't very accurate but it tells people how much effort the person is putting.
YukinoDesuDesu

GoldenWolf wrote:

Asiangodx2 wrote:

/cries*
Who?
iderekmc
LOL tom94 has 14k plays and is rank 97. LOOOOL
Play Count: 14,732
Mathsma

iderekmc wrote:

That isn't his first account, he was banned on another account and peppy let him use Pancake which he then changed his name to Tom94.
iderekmc

Mathsma wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

That isn't his first account, he was banned on another account and peppy let him use Pancake which he then changed his name to Tom94.
ah okok xD
Shivarion

TSC wrote:

You might be surprised by how close 30k and 43k are skill wise. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it and just try my best at improving.
Approved
thatlaggynoob
If you ever need to feel good about your time to skill ratio just take a look at my profile. 20K plays and I'm rank...20K.

I blame it on my complete inability to stream anything above 160BPM.
Soarezi

thatlaggynoob wrote:

If you ever need to feel good about your time to skill ratio just take a look at my profile. 20K plays and I'm rank...20K.

I blame it on my complete inability to stream anything above 160BPM.
If i were you, i'd blame the shittiness on not playing maps that you can't FC, and instead farm Hards.
Nakage
It's easy. Just do what I do and play 12 hour days for 3 months straight (because I don't have a life due to medical issues, woo), then you can get to top 5k with only 3k plays!

To be honest though, the only reason I got to this rank though is because of what I have to go through (which results in me being able to play these 12 hour days in the first place.) I would rather be a low rank with high plays than to be a high rank with low plays due to circumstance.

I would be less concerned with "How many ranks can I get in X plays?" and more with "What rank do I want to be and how determined am I to get there?" As Michelangelo once said "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
Shigoto
Just keep playing..^^
Conspiration

Soly wrote:

If you hate this games music you will not have a high playcount.
I just thought that this amazing post shouldn't be ignored. Please appreciate.
Coffee Hero

Nakage wrote:

It's easy. Just do what I do and play 12 hour days for 3 months straight (because I don't have a life due to medical issues, woo), then you can get to top 5k with only 3k plays!

To be honest though, the only reason I got to this rank though is because of what I have to go through (which results in me being able to play these 12 hour days in the first place.) I would rather be a low rank with high plays than to be a high rank with low plays due to circumstance.

I would be less concerned with "How many ranks can I get in X plays?" and more with "What rank do I want to be and how determined am I to get there?" As Michelangelo once said "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
Please keep your ego down
Myke B

TSC wrote:

Nakage wrote:

loool. I like the quote at the end though ^^
Soulg

TSC wrote:

Nakage wrote:

only thing i find in that post that shows any ego is the Michelangelo quote which is pretty much ridiculously true and used as a reference not as a comparison to himself.

cookiezi had over 150k plays as well as countless offline plays (he practiced some stuff offline because of people bugging him) and unranked maps (freedom dive was unranked for a while and he played it a ton), most people would be up there close to his skills if they practiced that much
Nakage

TSC wrote:

Are you jealous of my lack of a life? Because if you have one, I would gladly trade. Also yes, the Michelangelo quote was used as reference.
Coffee Hero
Are you jealous of my lack of a life? Because if you have one, I would gladly trade. Also yes, the Michelangelo quote was used as reference.
Putting yourself on a high pedestal and trying to downplay as much as possible, It's like you want people to praise you and recognize you for your actions.
Soarezi
Wait how the fuck do you have only 3k plays after 3 months and playing 12 hours a day? I get 2k easily in a week even if i play 5 hours a day
Coffee Hero

Soarezi wrote:

Wait how the fuck do you have only 3k plays after 3 months and playing 12 hours a day? I get 2k easily in a week even if i play 5 hours a day
"offline"
Soarezi

TSC wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

"offline"
Best joke EU
Nakage

Soarezi wrote:

I play songs all the way through. It was more of an exaggeration though, it's only been the past couple of weeks that I've been playing 12 hour days. The time before was usually 3-5 hours a day, and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account. Most of my plays are from playing a song 2-3 minutes in and then having to retry.

If I play a lot of short songs on DT and retry often for acc then I could rack up that many plays easily as well, but I have decided to go the long way and play the 3-4 minute long songs for ranks, just because I'm more comfortable with long songs than fast ones.

TSC wrote:

"offline"
Wrong, next please? I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face? Quit being so ignorant. (Believe me, if I was aiming for a low play count, don't you think I would aim for something like 500 plays, not 3000?) My end goal is to reach 100k plays. At this rate, it will take a while, but I want to do it.
Coffee Hero
and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account.
But But... *sigh*

I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face
Apparently you do because you try to bring it up in literally every post you've made on this forum, including your signature.
Nakage

TSC wrote:

and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account.
But But... *sigh*
oh.. ok, I'll give you that one. (Even though it was after you made the post)

I don't play offline since I've made the account. I just don't like it when people disregard an accomplishment as abuse of the system when it actually isn't, but that's just me.

TSC wrote:

I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face
Apparently you do because you try to bring it up in literally every post you've made on this forum, including your signature.
I think it's because every post I've included it it's been relevant (Only about 3-4 posts have mention of it? One of them being the rank drop from ppv2, which EVERYONE DID). If you haven't noticed, I wasn't the first person to bring it up on the posts that I mention it. I post something, someone says I'm a fake because my play count is low. I say they're wrong that play count means nothing. Would you please stop taking things out of context?

The point of my signature is to prove it means nothing. I at a personal level don't benefit from it. Maybe I'll start posting like you envision me.

"You guys are all terrible because you play THAT MUCH and you're that terrible? rofl, oh my god you guys suck! Seriously, look how good I am in the amount of time that I play. Seriously, quit now while you have the chance."

Reading is hard.
Myke B
Breh, it's obvious - You like to brag about your low play count. It's w/e lol, but it's a bit too consistent :P
Nakage

Myke B wrote:

Breh, it's obvious - You like to brag about your low play count. It's w/e lol, but it's a bit too consistent :P
Of course I do because I feel it's an accomplishment :3 Most of my posts are just me sharing my opinion and personal experiences. I think it's important to note, however, that including this thread and the ppv2 feedback thread, I have only mentioned it in 3 threads. I've pretty much gotten it out of my system, but if someone is asking a question (as the op did) then I will share my experiences/opinion.
Myke B
It is, but I can also see where they are coming from when they say it can be annoying at times. It's not a big deal at all though (to me at least).
Mayoi Hachikuji
I just came here to say that i have played 60k games in one year and I'm still bad.

Dunno 'bout my rank tho. PPV2 liked me. So yeah playcount doesn't matter, don't compare it to skill. ^_^
Rewben2

Nakage wrote:

Of course I do because I feel it's an accomplishment :3 Most of my posts are just me sharing my opinion and personal experiences. I think it's important to note, however, that including this thread and the ppv2 feedback thread, I have only mentioned it in 3 threads. I've pretty much gotten it out of my system, but if someone is asking a question (as the op did) then I will share my experiences/opinion.
The fact it's in your signature - and the only thing in your signature - says something.
Noobsicle
weowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

almost 4k prays and i can pass most ez insanes

for some stupid reason i used to always retry normal and hard songs like crazy
show more