forum

Owl City - Fireflies

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45

YoshiKart wrote:

rust45 wrote:

01:22:80 (1,2,3) - These got me on first couple tries, maybe SB a warning? Is the huge discoball a good hint? >_< Suggest me an SB warning. Maybe an arrow pointing to the start of the next slider?
Zerostarry
I like ^___^

Some parts feel really odd though

EDIT:

02:09:974 (1,2,3,4)
02:15:641 (1,2,3)

I really want to see this ranked, seriously. I'll bubble this after the above is fixed (or argue'd)
mtmcl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Zero: I still have to make Normal, though. D:

But thanks for the praise, guys. :)

Zerostarry wrote:

02:09:974 (1,2,3,4) Fixed? Check it!
02:15:641 (1,2,3) I don't know how I'd change this. I used many a newcombocolor jump, so this should be fine? Suggest something, Zero. :P
Starrodkirby86
Eh, I hope it's A-OK. .w.

Download: Owl City - Fireflies (YoshiKart) [Normal].osu
Beuchi
ahhhh >o<

Love the song, love the map, love the SB. No more to say o3o

Good job! >w</

*gives star*
ShokuMasterLord
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
[General]
woo kirby map
woo sexy sb (I love it <3)
*soft-hitfinish is delayed. Intentional? :?

[Normal]
No problems here~

[Hard]
01:54:097 (1) - Too far from the last note.
02:05:064 (1) - ^
02:15:064 (1) - ^ I usually don't mind jumps like these, but because of the big notes and close spacing, they're really hard to tell D:
02:43:080 (4) - Could be a little closer to the end of (3), but that's just naziing probably =x
03:05:014 (4) - ^

EDIT: I thought the offset was a teeny bit off, but I'm not getting 100's so nevermind x3
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

Derekku Chan wrote:

[General]
woo kirby map Kirbyyyyy <3
woo sexy sb (I love it <3) Thank youuuuu. :D
*soft-hitfinish is delayed. Intentional? :? O_O *checks*

[Normal]
No problems here~ >_> Darn you, Kirbyyyyy~!

[Hard]
01:54:097 (1) - Too far from the last note. Yeah, yeah, moved 5 down a little.
02:05:064 (1) - ^ ^
02:15:064 (1) - ^ I usually don't mind jumps like these, but because of the big notes and close spacing, they're really hard to tell D: I need like a third opinion and a way to change it. X_X
02:43:080 (4) - Could be a little closer to the end of (3), but that's just naziing probably =x Yupp. So, no, you. D:<
03:05:014 (4) - ^ ^_^
Thankssssss.

I'm gonna keep this map in WIP/Help, still, since I wanna add more SB. The ending feels empty. I'm willing to bet 95% of the people who play it will skip and not see the album art slide~. D:
Azure_Kite
Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

[Normal]
00:40:014 (3) - 1 grid to the left so that it's symmetrical with (1)
00:41:047 (1) - Change this to a clap?
00:42:047 (2) - Whistle-finish?

01:25:047 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom up by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up
01:36:014 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom down by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up
01:38:014 (3) - finish?
01:39:080 (1) - (slider end) finish?
01:42:080 (2) - (slider start) finish?

02:06:080 (3) - Move forward 1/4 beat and shorten by 1/4 beat
02:55:080 (1) - Try using this slider point layout here
03:14:080 (1) - Do the final note SB like you did in [Hard] It was so awesome :D

No problems found

[Hard]
00:38:097 (2,3) - Line up in the centre, but raised a little?(if you do this reverse 4)
01:25:047 (1) - Maybe add a slider point and move them out like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/497 (the third one must be off grid snap)
02:13:030 - Note in the centre?
No problems found :)

Awesome SB, Awesome Beatmap, not starring this should be punishable by death.
Derekku

YoshiKart wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

woo kirby map
Kirbyyyyy <3
D: I totally meant to write "woo yoshi map" XD

so uh... WOO kirby/yoshi map :D
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

[Normal]
00:40:014 (3) - 1 grid to the left so that it's symmetrical with (1) Done.
00:41:047 (1) - Change this to a clap? [color=#FF0000]Kirby and I work "interchangeably" with hitsounds. Check out what we did here when compared to Normal. :O
00:42:047 (2) - Whistle-finish?[/color] ^
01:25:047 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom up by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up Doing it, but I'll ask Kirby if he likes it later.
01:36:014 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom down by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up ^
01:38:014 (3) - finish?
01:39:080 (1) - (slider end) finish? Sure.
01:42:080 (2) - (slider start) finish?[/color] ^
02:06:080 (3) - Move forward 1/4 beat and shorten by 1/4 beat Fixed, but kills the symmetry. Check it later, Kirby!
02:55:080 (1) - Try using this slider point layout here I'll let Kirby see to this. Keeping it the same for now... >_>
03:14:080 (1) - Do the final note SB like you did in [Hard] It was so awesome :D But I did. O_O Sometimes the SB dies in the editor, but it's fine anyway, even after a save. So, yeah, I already did this. :P

No problems found

[Hard]
00:38:097 (2,3) - Line up in the centre, but raised a little?(if you do this reverse 4) Okay!
01:25:047 (1) - Maybe add a slider point and move them out like this? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/497 (the third one must be off grid snap) Yupp!
02:13:030 - Note in the centre? That'd be a bit painful. Nah. >_>'
No problems found :)

Awesome SB, Awesome Beatmap, not starring this should be punishable by death.
Thank you!! :)

EDIT:

Derekku Chan wrote:

D: I totally meant to write "woo yoshi map" XD

so uh... WOO kirby/yoshi map :D
:P
Starrodkirby86
>01:25:047 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom up by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up
>01:36:014 (1) - Lifting the two slider points at the bottom down by a grid makes the beginning and end of the slider line up

Sure. I'm never good with being perfect with those sliders, I suppose.

>02:06:080 (3) - Move forward 1/4 beat and shorten by 1/4 beat
I have an idea with this.

>02:55:080 (1) - Try using this slider point layout here
I see a nice point with this slider layout. o; But it's to match the one beforehand, so I'm keeping this. Sorry! XD

Download: Owl City - Fireflies (YoshiKart) [Normal].osu
Wizard Of Orz
Normal:
01:56:014 (1,2,3,4) - spacing feels wide compared to other areas of the map

Hard:
00:34:047 (1) - sort of covers the reverse in slider 3
00:39:014 (3,4) - spacing is pretty wierd here ;[
01:11:097 (8,10) - i doubt you are going to change these sliders so at least stack their endpoints.
01:22:080 (1,2,3,4) - i really dont like this :/. Try 1/2 speed sliders here instead of these overlapping sliders
02:34:014 (5,1) - you don't need to but i suggest making the reverse more visible.
02:53:047 (11) - you realise the sb shoots a green #1 instead of a #11?
02:55:047 (5,1) - you don't need to but i suggest making the reverse more visible.
03:14:080 (11) - you realise the sb shoots a blue #1 instead of a #11?

consider mapping the end of the song o.0

starred
Derekku
Cute ctb char. soft-hitfinish is still delayed (Find a new, correct .wav for it) unless it's intentional. ._.;
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

supergarlic wrote:

Normal:
01:56:014 (1,2,3,4) - spacing feels wide compared to other areas of the map *looks for Kirby* I think it's fine, though...

Hard:
00:34:047 (1) - sort of covers the reverse in slider 3 Suggestions?
00:39:014 (3,4) - spacing is pretty wierd here ;[ Tried to be symmetric and properly spaced as much as possible D:
01:11:097 (8,10) - i doubt you are going to change these sliders so at least stack their endpoints. Got it.
01:22:080 (1,2,3,4) - i really dont like this :/. Try 1/2 speed sliders here instead of these overlapping sliders Fixed!
02:34:014 (5,1) - you don't need to but i suggest making the reverse more visible. Ehh. Can't.
02:53:047 (11) - you realise the sb shoots a green #1 instead of a #11? Surprisingly fixed!
02:55:047 (5,1) - you don't need to but i suggest making the reverse more visible. ^
03:14:080 (11) - you realise the sb shoots a blue #1 instead of a #11? ^

consider mapping the end of the song o.0 Thinking of an SB.

starred Thanks! :D
eee
simply amazing
almost every aspect of the map is fine, not just because it's storyboarded.
I like the song as well
STAR!!
Cheery
owlciiiiiiiiiityyy~~

star ! :)
GolemdX
May I suggest making the speed of the firefly(ies) at the beginning a little less linear? The speed it moves at doesn't really 'fit' the path it's moving. Other than that, it's great!
Ephemeral
Offset should be 10,802 (slightly audible difference on the chorus chord progression at .75x speed)

Why is soft-hitfinish delayed?

Absolutely amazing ambient storyboard - though I think you could probably find a better set of rotating earth sprites. I've also never seen a white firefly before - aren't they usually orange?
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

eee wrote:

simply amazing
almost every aspect of the map is fine, not just because it's storyboarded.
I like the song as well
STAR!!
Thanks, eee! :)

GolemdX wrote:

May I suggest making the speed of the firefly(ies) at the beginning a little less linear? The speed it moves at doesn't really 'fit' the path it's moving. Other than that, it's great!
I like the way it moves currently; somewhat random like a firefly. But if you could show me a path/speed that's a little less linear, I'd greatly appreciate it. ;)

Ephemeral wrote:

Offset should be 10,802 (slightly audible difference on the chorus chord progression at .75x speed) Got it.

Why is soft-hitfinish delayed? Fixed. >_>

Absolutely amazing ambient storyboard - though I think you could probably find a better set of rotating earth sprites. I've also never seen a white firefly before - aren't they usually orange? Will consider.
CheeseWarlock
This is pretty awesome in all aspects. Remember, I nazi because I care.

[General/Storyboard]
The Earth sprites could stand to be less pixellated, or at least fixed up so there's not that little bit of white around the edges.
I don't think it's necessary to go back to the Fireflies background at the end.

[Hard]
00:36:968 - I feel like there should be another hitcircle here.
01:22:802 (1,2,3,4) - This is the only 0.5x section in the map, so it feels out of place, and I find it doesn't work that well anyway.
01:38:802 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Nothing wrong, per se, but I wish this were mapped more to the vocals.
02:14:802 (5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - This part doesn't flow like the rest of the map does. The spacing is strange, and some of the "down-hits" (hitcircles and slider starts) land on weak notes in the music.

[Normal]
01:38:802 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,4) - Ditto the comment on [Hard], but it's less of an issue here.
Xgor
[SB]
It's kinda boring with a black screen half of the time >.< (It was superb otherwise)

[Normal]
:)

[Hard]
01:20:063 (4,5) - Quite low down

Superb map so a Big star for you :3
Why is it is WIP??!!
*star*
obey_the_soapbubble
I love this map and the storyboard it suits the song really well.

The white around the earth really bugged me though so I made a version without it, I hope that's okay?
Download: earthzip.zip

It's slightly cropped up the top to get a nice edge on it but I think it looks pretty good
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I nazi because I care. Uh, oh...

[General/Storyboard]
The Earth sprites could stand to be less pixellated, or at least fixed up so there's not that little bit of white around the edges. Thanks to obey_the_soapbubble. :)
I don't think it's necessary to go back to the Fireflies background at the end. I'll consider it; I was really going for a scale in and out effect with two backgrounds.

[Hard]
00:36:968 - I feel like there should be another hitcircle here. This is more focused on vocals, so I dunno...
01:22:802 (1,2,3,4) - This is the only 0.5x section in the map, so it feels out of place, and I find it doesn't work that well anyway. I'm going back to 1x then, but I'll need a pattern that people like that wasn't the previous one. :o
01:38:802 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Nothing wrong, per se, but I wish this were mapped more to the vocals. I guess Starrod and I mapped this part of the chorus for background rhythm and the following two choruses for vocals.
02:14:802 (5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - This part doesn't flow like the rest of the map does. The spacing is strange, and some of the "down-hits" (hitcircles and slider starts) land on weak notes in the music. Looks like I'm changing this.

[Normal]
01:38:802 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,4) - Ditto the comment on [Hard], but it's less of an issue here.^

Xgor wrote:

[Hard]
01:20:063 (4,5) - Quite low down Moved up a bit.

Superb map so a Big star for you :3
Why is it is WIP??!! SB! xD
*star*

obey_the_soapbubble wrote:

The white around the earth really bugged me though so I made a version without it, I hope that's okay? This helped a bunch. Thanks!! :)
Zerostarry
Bubbleeeee

Next modder check over the skin/SB, im not good at these things @_@
Derekku
*Sprites look much better.
*soft-hitfinish is no longer delayed.
*I see that the SB is moved up to compensate for the grid being moved up (orz).
*I don't really like the comboburst sound that's in the folder. For people like me that don't use combo bursts, it just sounds out of place and distracting. Could you delete it or force osu! default skin or something? =X I'm not really sure what to say about this... D:

EDIT: Whoops, dunno how I missed this. Max bg res is 1024x768, and yours is 1228 width. Please resize it and resubmit, thanks. :3
Zerostarry
Rebubbled due to SB changes

AFTER DEREKKU JEEZ

EDIT: done.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

Derekku Chan wrote:

*Sprites look much better.
*soft-hitfinish is no longer delayed.
*I see that the SB is moved up to compensate for the grid being moved up (orz). orz
*I don't really like the comboburst sound that's in the folder. For people like me that don't use combo bursts, it just sounds out of place and distracting. Could you delete it or force osu! default skin or something? =X I'm not really sure what to say about this... D: Removed

EDIT: Whoops, dunno how I missed this. Max bg res is 1024x768, and yours is 1228 width. Please resize it and resubmit, thanks. :3 Resized, and adjusted SB to account for resize.
Derekku
Oh Christmas Tree~

sprite is too large. Resize to under 768 height, please XP
Zerostarry
Jeez...the beatmap is fine, just look over the skinning elements.

Bubbled again i guess? >_>
Derekku
Those elements are just as important. :B
Mafiamaster
Map and SB is looking good.
So ranked!
Starrodkirby86
wootwootwoot
LuigiHann
While I'm in favor of weird things like that in general, those "dance" sliders probably shouldn't have been ranked in their current condition. They're just a tad too unpredictable and the SB warning doesn't particularly help. The main problem is that the SB warning doesn't give any indication of when to release the slider, which is a severe issue. Not unranking the map because it's been up for long enough that too many people have played it by this point.
Jarby

LuigiHann wrote:

While I'm in favor of weird things like that in general, those "dance" sliders probably shouldn't have been ranked in their current condition. They're just a tad too unpredictable and the SB warning doesn't particularly help. The main problem is that the SB warning doesn't give any indication of when to release the slider, which is a severe issue. Not unranking the map because it's been up for long enough that too many people have played it by this point.
Why would you even bring it up?
Larto
To inform the mapper about it so he can think about it and maybe improve his mapping/storyboarding based on LH's criticism.

Or maybe LH just wanted to look smart.
Jarby

Larto wrote:

To inform the mapper about it so he can think about it and maybe improve his mapping/storyboarding based on LH's criticism.
I guess something like that, but I believe it would be more important to think WHY WOULD YOU RANK THAT AAAAAAAA.
LuigiHann
I posted because:
A) I added a warning to the first post of the thread, and I wanted to make a new post explaining why the warning was added
and
B) To confirm that something this unreadable will not be ranked in the future, so that future mappers don't do the same thing and use this map as an example of it being "okay"
gp0_old
I have a couple qualms about this version.
1) It's easy to get caught up in the lyrics and then you start hitting notes that aren't there. In other words, I don't know what rhythm you're mapping.
2) You do some painful cookie cutter patterns which really miff me.

On the other hand, your saving graces:
1) Clever Storyboarding
2) Unique "unrankable" sliders. Took me a bit to get used to them, but they were actually clever as hell.

It's aesthetically very nice... the content might actually need some work on to not bore/deceive.
show more