forum

Burning pain in wrist after playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
toastwithcheese
Sometimes while playing for quite a long time, or just songs with heavy streams(which I fail anyway) I get this painful burn in my wrist. It always happens to the hand that I tap the keyboard with, never to the mouse hand. Can someone explain what might be wrong, or how to prevent this from happening?
Liiraye
Perhaps you should take a small break? You know your body the best and if you feel pain from playing a game you should stop lol.
Topic Starter
toastwithcheese
yeah I guess, but it's a bit irritating :(
GladiOol
masturbation is salvation
skibblesx
If the symptoms become more frequent or happen sooner than previously make a serious decision to take a long break.
Burning wrists are a preemptive affects that lead to
Rheumatoid arthritis
carpal tunnel
tendinitis

ice your wrist and make sure you aren't working it more than it needs to if it gets worse than the burns.

this is all cautionary though so please do take some form of action before it could lead to something worse, the only way to really avoid the burning is to stop.
Kanye West
He reports no fever or other arthralgia so rheumatoid isn't likely. RA is systemic and would affect more than a left wrist.

Carpal tunnel is very nonspecific for wrist pain, carpal tunnel presents as numbness and rarely burning in the thumb, index and middle fingers.

Tendinitis maybe? Too presumptive.

The cause doesn't really matter, you're probably just putting too much pressure on your wrist. Use a wrist rest or elevate it. And take a break if it hurts obviously.
skibblesx
Agreed.

Still just percaution it all has to start somewhere, granted it most likely is just too much pressure or something less serious

But I rathe play it safe in my head c:

+1 Kanye for president btw
IppE

GladiOol wrote:

masturbation is salvation
This. It's thelewa's secret~
Swift
A burning sensation might also be the cause of RSI as repetitive strain injuries do have the symptom of burning sensation/pains. You should take a rest for a while and try not to strain your hand as much.
Topic Starter
toastwithcheese
Thank you everyone for the replies, had to google a lot of the terms but it really helped. If masturbation is thelewa's secret then I'll be ahead of him in no tine :P Just realized how sad that statement is :(
Myke B
Could be that you are just pushing yourself too hard? It's happened to me before. Gotta learn to put less stress on your wrist when streaming. It shouldn't happen as often as you get better. But if it's happening really frequent, you should probably see a doctor.
GenoClysm
don't work out
Topic Starter
toastwithcheese
I just realized that I might have to quit osu all together
Myke B

toastwithcheese wrote:

I just realized that I might have to quit osu all together
I hope not D:
Topic Starter
toastwithcheese
yea same, cuz I've spent a year getting better, and just today got my tablet