forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yukiteru Amano
When Will FL get nurfed?
Zak

-PM- wrote:

So when nurf patch pp amount of HT?

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
Never
Kitokofox

Zak wrote:

-PM- wrote:

So when nurf patch pp amount of HT?

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
Never
I see nothing wrong with FL. It's a very difficult mod and totally worth the performance if you pull it off (and the points too)

As for HT, there's going to be a speed factor implemented for CtB pp so you might see that getting calculated much like it does with doubletime.
:)
follon
Full mode SS gives less PP than HD HR FL. (Not weighet pp)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/94942?m=2
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/bZjRa/f54033b86e.jpg
#1 got 240
I got 255
Kingkevin30

follon wrote:

Full mode SS gives less PP than HD HR FL. (Not weighet pp)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/94942?m=2
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/bZjRa/f54033b86e.jpg
#1 got 240
I got 255
wow...that is really dumb xD, i just checked to with Osu!Trainer, you're right..
DeletedUser_500696

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
PLS yuki, FL on ar8+ needs to be boosted imo, there are less FL players now than like 4 years ago makes me sad. Also I think EZ+FL should be worth 1.00x at the least hue
- Rii -
imo
1. you people do realize yuki's reply about fl is just a sarcasm to the previous post right?
2. there are reasons why there are less fl player nowadays and that is not just because it gives less of this bullshit points
3. this bullshit points already have tons of proof that it is broken and even (much) worse than the previous one, at least for now
4. i don't think it would be that simple to fix all of those crap anytime soon, especially when tom seems pretty much busy with other stuffs as well
5. if you want this to get resolved quickly, try playing any maps you like and enjoy this game mode the way it is or go away/play other games... pretty much the best solution
alxnr

- Rii - wrote:

imo
1. you people do realize yuki's reply about fl is just a sarcasm to the previous post right?
2. there are reasons why there are less fl player nowadays and that is not just because it gives less of this bullshit points
3. this bullshit points already have tons of proof that it is broken and even (much) worse than the previous one, at least for now
4. i don't think it would be that simple to fix all of those crap anytime soon, especially when tom seems pretty much busy with other stuffs as well
5. if you want this to get resolved quickly, try playing any maps you like and enjoy this game mode the way it is or go away/play other games... pretty much the best solution
Nuh-uh, playing other games won't have any effect to this.
- Rii -

alxnr wrote:

Nuh-uh, playing other games won't have any effect to this.
so you think by saying that will give any effect to this?
alxnr

- Rii - wrote:

so you think by saying that will give any effect to this?
Of course... not.
Zak
Going to be honest and say there's probably not much more to discuss here until Tom comes back to work on CtB's pp system and rework it as we've covered almost everything that can be right now. So it's probably best to let it sit here instead of arguing until then.

Or just remove pp, that works too.
Yukiteru Amano
Agree.
alxnr
Sorry, couldn't resist that. I hope Tom gets back into this soon.
lineqtxz
hi
Ddraigon
I don't really know about pp ranking system in CtB. But, different mode, different difficulty. Example, AR9HDDT is more difficult than AR9HDHR, and for some map with many jumps (and because that the pp's map is overhigh) I think it's a part of CtB difficulty. CtB difficulty not only HyperJumps, but Mod, AR, CS, rapid stream, weird pattern, etc are must be considered to pp's map, not just jumps. That's my opinion.

And for me, with pp ranking (although it's broken), It's motivated me to improve my skill. So, I disagree with no-pp system ranking.

But keep play and enjoy the game, the music, and the map.
Kingkevin30

uhhhhhh the change is slowly comming *.* (thats a screen of the changelog of the cutting edge version)
[ZooM]
I play at least Hard difficulty and Hidden never turn off. Over the past few days received 2 PP. Where are my PP, developers?

P.S. Oh, and I lost about 200 places these days.
Zak
You are not entitled to pp because you play Hard diff's with Hidden. If it bothers you that much player harder maps.
[ZooM]

Zak wrote:

You are not entitled to pp because you play Hard diff's with Hidden. If it bothers you that much player harder maps.
Hard - is the minimum. Often Insane or something like that. I get into the top 50 on the highest difficulty. Let the map is not the most difficult in the game, but its better than I have been only 20-40 people. Do not people deserve some PP? It is illogical and unfair. In the good old days was only Ranked Score, fair and clear.
Kingkevin30

[ZooM] wrote:

Zak wrote:

Hard - is the minimum. Often Insane or something like that. I get into the top 50 on the highest difficulty. Let the map is not the most difficult in the game, but its better than I have been only 20-40 people. Do not people deserve some PP? It is illogical and unfair. In the good old days was only Ranked Score, fair and clear.
dude, values have changed in the past years, you were there in the begging..thats true but you just visited the game every few months, people were unhappy that score ranking was about time effort and strategysing about score farming, then ppv1 came and people found maps that fell out of the system because of the number of scores on a map, or people always having the exact same high rank because of 0-Spinner SS's and many more weird situations...
and people were and maybe are to some extend unhappy with how ppv2 works, but you shouldn't critize it, it only does the thing that the major part of the community wanted..giving a ranking were your skill is the most important value. in ppv2 you have to play a combination of high distance,high AR,High CS-Combination to get the most out of a map...and peppy made it even easier, now you can just look up how many pp someone got for a map..if the record you're looking for is not in the top100 Best perfomance of a player then it's below his lowest value...so if you really care about having a high rank then put the effort into getting those points, and if you don't want to..thats also fine, everyone just wants to enjoy this game in his/her own ways, but don't call bullshit on people who are actually putting an effort into pleasing their community members.
[ZooM]

Kingkevin30 wrote:

dude, values have changed in the past years, you were there in the begging..thats true but you just visited the game every few months, people were unhappy that score ranking was about time effort and strategysing about score farming, then ppv1 came and people found maps that fell out of the system because of the number of scores on a map, or people always having the exact high rank because of 0-Spinner SS's and many more weird situations...
and people were and maybe are to some extend unhappy with how ppv2 works, but you shouldn't critize it, it only does the thing that the major part of the community wanted..giving a ranking were your skill is the most important value. in ppv2 you have to play a combination of high distance,high AR,High CS-Combination to get the most out of a map...and peppy made it even easier, now you can just look up how many pp someone got for a map..if the record you're looking for is not in the top100 Best perfomance of a player then it's below his lowest value...so if you really care about having a high rank then put the effort into getting those points, and if don't want to thats also fine, everyone just wants to enjoy this game in his/her own ways, but don't call bullshit on people who are actually putting an effort into pleasing their community members.

I understand, but this is the case - a person gets 1st place on the map and get, for example, 100 PP. And all the rest get nothing. But their score may be less likely to 5000-10000. Okay, insane with Hidden is simply because even if only for 5-10 PP give. I did not ask to get me in the top 3. Just want some return for the hours spent in the game.

This imbalance. I think that is wrong.
Granger
You want something in return? What do you gain from some number?
You gain a good map rank in return, isnt that good enough? And thats just a number. Again.

Honestly i never saw what people see in all those numbers, is it admiration from less good players they're after? But you can get that by FCing the newest ultrahard map much better than from some number.
Zak
You don't get pp by getting a high rank, most of the time a map I get rank 1 on doesn't give anything, and you want to know why? Because the map isn't hard enough to give anything, ppv1 based your pp on rank/accuracy, ppv2 takes map difficulty and counts miss count+combo.

So again, if you're not getting anything, you need to FC harder maps, you can't get pp forever by sticking to the same difficulty range, you do eventually have to move on to harder and harder maps.
-Ryuujii-
aha yes yes ! go berzerk go berzerk!
Kingkevin30

[ZooM] wrote:

I understand, but this is the case - a person gets 1st place on the map and get, for example, 100 PP.
And all the rest get nothing. But their score may be less likely to 5000-10000.
thats a pretty ridiciolus assumption my friend...did you ever check how many pp everyone else is getting on a Scoreboard,
i bet you did not. because this is how most Scoreboards look like:

ohh wow how suprising, it seems that this beatmap has been difficult for most players in his Top 50 because their combo is decreasing and so is there pp that there getting out of it.

well lets look at the different outputs in comparesion now...
hmm Kenji did got 274pp out of a HR+HD on this map...does that seem fair? as far as im concerned, yes it very well deserves this high amount, playing this with both mods activated makes it signifficantly more difficult (atleast 1/3's harder) then the other used mod combinations.

up to the next one..

PM got 209pp for playing with Hidden, around 1pp more then all the other people who Hidden FC'ed it...is that fair? of course, beeing accurate is hard, it's not changing the overall difficulty too much, but still should be awarded, so this is also fine as im converned

next one...

so now the Nomod FC's starts with the same thing about accuracy i just explained on PM's case...so how about getting -25pp in comparison to the HD FC's
does that seem fair? now its getting a bit more complicated, Hidden is about perception so everyone has their own ideal of "how much harder is playing Hidden compared to nomod" but in a general sense everyone agrees that it adds to a difficulty of a map, so something like 10-30pp more for a Hidden Record is also fine...it takes effort to do such stuff.

and as we are going down the scoreboard ladder people are getting less and less pp even though they got such a close combo to a FC...is that fair?

now we have to take in mind that the meaning of PP is "PERFOMANCE Points" so that means that your skill has to be around the same "perfomance", you must be able to do something as difficult as the last "good perfomance".

so that was the whole scoreboard....if you really think that these values are incorrent, then pls tell Tom94 and give some advice on how it should be changed..
-Ryuujii-
TL;DR PLEASE KEVIN
Kevin marry me
Vuelo Eluko
What mod is "NV"?
DeathXHunter
No video,newfag
Granger
What did those improvements do? Im noticing nothing different... Except that all star ratings were cut in half.

Kind of depressing that those 6 stars like shiawase gift i struggle with are just 3 starswhich is just a normal when comparing to stds staratings.
Scorpionek
Not sure if Kevin's in love with ppv2 or he didn't mention how "fair" HT and mods multiplayers are on purpose.
Kingkevin30

Scorpionek wrote:

Not sure if Kevin's in love with ppv2 or he didn't mention how "fair" HT and mods multiplayers are on purpose.
im cutting into my own flesh if im talking bad about HT-PP Farming *kappa*...

just kiddin, i think we all know that HT is too overpowered right now,but it also shouldn't loose too much of it's potential since HT is still "kinda hard" to exicute on hard High AR Patterns
[224]Reol
is the new star rating/pp system for ctb on test build final?????
Samui_old_1
new star rating algorithm is still work in progress on cuttingedge.

pp system will be work in progress after the star rating algorithm on cuttingedge is final.
Topic Starter
Tom94
The Catch the Beat performance points are currently undergoing a re-calculation after an algorithm update. Please visit the changelog for further information.

I'm aware that things are still far from perfect. Most notably: Clutch timings including pixel jumps are still underrated while certain other patterns get weighted too much. I hope to address those issues in further updates. Please wait until the re-calculations finished for everybody until giving feedback. Even if you pp changes drastically your best performance list might not have been updated accordingly yet. ;)
Stefan
A lot of love for this update.
Kingkevin30

Stefan wrote:

A lot of love for this update.
yeah, i really appreciate your hard work on this Tom ^^
im hoping the recalculations and the tweaking of some values will be finished soon
but right now it seems pretty balanced between various "difficult" playing styles
like the Low AR HD stuff, some FL Bonuses, and the "above AR9" boosts
Girgias
Dunno if I'm actually that bad or not but i lost 11 thousand places with the algorithm change >___< so welp and 99% of my maps got reclassified in 1 star or 2 stars even if the title is difficult and would more likely need 4 stars or so how but thats just my opinion.
Kingkevin30

Girgias wrote:

Dunno if I'm actually that bad or not but i lost 11 thousand places with the algorithm change >___< so welp and 99% of my maps got reclassified in 1 star or 2 stars even if the title is difficult and would more likely need 4 stars or so how but thats just my opinion.
the recalculations aren't finished yet. People aswell as the pp-outputs of most maps probabbly have to be updated before assumptions on the calculations would be viable
Riari
I'd be happy with a nice buff to DT...

;_;
show more