forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
AR will likely never be a huge factor in pp, the same kind of people who think low AR is god hard are basically the reverse of people who think high AR is hard, i.e people with little experience in it. like how your average newb playing ar6 normals thinks ar10 is impossible.
Yuudachi-kun
I remember being rank 140k and wondering how ar10 was even followable.
DroidBass

Multtari wrote:

Patterns in lower AR might mess you up anyways even if you can read them since there are so many notes in screen at once. Which is why there is bonus for being able to read those notes in addition to being able to read that lower AR.

Higher AR lowers the amount of note density so why it should be rewarded? For being able to react faster in a rhythm game? Learning to play AR10.3 in general gives you so many maps more to play that there is no need for bonus. Just like there isn't any bonus when you move from AR7 -> AR8 -> AR9.
Completely agreed with this coment. Reading AR9 or superior is rewarding by itself just because it allows you play most of [Extras] and +5 stars maps... and I don't like the idea that this bonus raises precisely these maps that already have harder patterns difficulty just because being higher AR by itself. Appart that AR is a really polemic fact because a map can be easier if played on AR8 but harder at AR10 meanwhile the opposite can happen ... high AR (below AR+10.33) can make the same easier or harder depending each individual player and I don't find just that players with only higher AR reading that can't read well AR9 or lower at all get more rewarded from AR than players that can read AR9 and AR10's alike.

Changing topic, EZ is not a really balanced mod at all but it's viable ranking with it (if you can :P). If you look at millhioreF you can look that EZ is really fine on this algorythm, 98% of EZ is equivalent to 91% FC at no mod (on OD7 vs OD3.5) thing that I find really fair. It can't be considered farming because the really effective EZ players are really strange exceptions and players with atleast 1 EZ rank are less than 250's in total. The only thing I don't like at EZ's pp distribution is how bad accuracy scales because of the really low OD, it's more likely "FC is enough and worth, I don't need at all raising accuracy". And I would say EZ should NOT have a pp boost from reading difficulty because that could make it somehow overrated and if AR is no longer considered EZ should been beneficiated from this.
Saoji

DroidBass wrote:

Completely agreed with this coment. Reading AR9 or superior is rewarding by itself just because it allows you play most of [Extras] and +5 stars maps... and I don't like the idea that this bonus raises precisely these maps that already have harder patterns difficulty just because being higher AR by itself. Appart that AR is a really polemic fact because a map can be easier if played on AR8 but harder at AR10 meanwhile the opposite can happen ... high AR (below AR+10.33) can make the same easier or harder depending each individual player and I don't find just that players with only higher AR reading that can't read well AR9 or lower at all get more rewarded from AR than players that can read AR9 and AR10's alike.

Changing topic, EZ is not a really balanced mod at all but it's viable ranking with it (if you can :P). If you look at millhioreF you can look that EZ is really fine on this algorythm, 98% of EZ is equivalent to 91% FC at no mod (on OD7 vs OD3.5) thing that I find really fair. It can't be considered farming because the really effective EZ players are really strange exceptions and players with atleast 1 EZ rank are less than 250's in total. The only thing I don't like at EZ's pp distribution is how bad accuracy scales because of the really low OD, it's more likely "FC is enough and worth, I don't need at all raising accuracy". And I would say EZ should NOT have a pp boost from reading difficulty because that could make it somehow overrated and if AR is no longer considered EZ should been beneficiated from this.
It takes a lot of practice to read high AR / low AR in the first place so I don't see why it wouldn't give any reward, already that "reading a map" doesn't give anything at first... So yes... obviously, EZ should have a PP boost, or in any case, the AR has to be considered in my opinion.

AR10 might be easier on some maps, same as ar10.3 but it's only easier if you can actually read it. Poeple spent weeks to learn to read this AR, I think it's something harder to do than just playing some AR8 / 9 and get the same amount of PP than someone who has gotten a new skill.

Like...seriously, someone who plays AR10.3 only all day won't be able to play Easy at all. It would need a lot of time/practice to do it. And when he will finally be able to FC a map with Easy he will probably get nothing because DT gives way more PP than anything else. So for a system who's supposed to work on INVIDUAL skill...
Yuudachi-kun
I think EZ having a pp boost for AR doesn't really matter as much since the od is mangled.
B1rd
AR under 9 should get a pp boost. Just a little for ar7/8, but it should give a good 10% boost for EZ. There's no reason why reading skills shouldn't be rewarded. It's not subjective, high object density is difficult for everyone and requires a lot of practice to master.
E m i
congratulations, now your 60pp easy plays can become 66pp plays
the 'it's still not worth it' and 'there's more to it' effects could be nullified by separating aim, speed and acc, and creating a separate category for reading.
Topic Starter
Tom94
AR below 8 already does give a bonus. An increased one if hidden is being used. Since forever. :)
Gigo
In my opinion, AR8 should also be included in this bonus. The standards nowadays are AR9 and AR10, anything below or over that is hard for people to read. Yes, it depends on the map (more precisely, on object density), but in most cases AR8 is quite difficult.
Yuudachi-kun

Gigo wrote:

In my opinion, AR8 should also be included in this bonus. The standards nowadays are AR9 and AR10, anything below or over that is hard for people to read. Yes, it depends on the map (more precisely, on object density), but in most cases AR8 is quite difficult.
Ar8 would give a pp bonus for reading just like od7 does for acc.
blahpy
I think that low AR / Easy are fine how they are, Easy isn't meant to be for farming, it's to make maps easier (assuming you can read or memorise maps with it).
Mahogany

blahpy wrote:

assuming you can read.....
But reading is the whole reason EZ mod is difficult and should be worth more
DroidBass

[ Momiji ] wrote:

congratulations, now your 60pp easy plays can become 66pp plays
the 'it's still not worth it' and 'there's more to it' effects could be nullified by separating aim, speed and acc, and creating a separate category for reading.
As they find how to separate again Aim and speed then maps like Tsunamaru - Daidai Genome will get massively nerfed on DT because there is not much speed at doing single taps and triplets of 210 bpm at all (not even a single stream). That one is really overrated and very wanted just because the pp it can give... at being overrated from both star system and being OD9.67 q-q

Sincerelly I would like that a day Accuracy becomes not that independant from the map's difficulty. There are many free accuracy high OD maps that are being abused too oftenly, mostly DT ones, maps that even with their OD9 or OD9.67 lots of people rank with +99% accuracy and starting being overrated at rank from free accuracy high OD maps.

+99% accuracy is fine I know, but I mean, if it's from a map that lots of persons can easly do +99% compared to "easier" (less stars) maps that are more difficult to accurate finely and even if they're OD8-OD7 that ISN'T high OD, then I wouldn't like calling these +99% high OD ranks a really good proof of high accuracy.

The only problem I see from OD7 maps with good difficulty and with not so many circles is that their 95% and 100% values aren't that different compared to DT's 95% againist its version but at 100%. Looks weird seing less oftenly good 100% no mod ranks than 100% DT ranks on people's best performance and we see higher accuracy precisely on these OD9-OD9.67 DT maps than on these OD8 harder no mods with similar stars that the same player have ranked.

This needs atention and a counter, affortunaly it's planned a day to consider patterns complexity on the pp that each map gives, thing that should nuke down most DT overrated ranks, that HR would been unharmed and raise no mod potential (if I'm guessing right, sure)
Yuudachi-kun
If I learned hd and 2x100'd my top play, that'd be 304pp. Od 9.67 too strong.
DroidBass

Kheldragar wrote:

Any pp from skillet hero [Fate] is totally worth, such a beast DT rank man, nice one. The mix of anoying long sliders and circles or sliders between them makes it considerably harder than most DT's of that value, it's even better than my #1 of 252 pp. Also both cases of DT are fairly good DT ranks.
Yuudachi-kun

DroidBass wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Any pp from skillet hero [Fate] is totally worth, such a beast DT rank man, nice one. The mix of anoying long sliders and circles or sliders between them makes it considerably harder than most DT's of that value, it's even better than my #1 of 252 pp. Also both cases of DT are fairly good DT ranks.
I thought the exact opposite; I found sentimental love + DT, seven doors nomod, up all night HR, Miiro [extra] &c. much harder than hero. I don't think the sliders are annoying, they make it easier for me to maintain whatever acc I could as opposed to having all cirlces. Don't most people alternate sliders?
DroidBass
To be honest, I've seen people of higher rank than mine or yours not being capable to FC skillet hero at DT on Fate. Also you should ask it to more players to have a better perspective about that rank, but personally find that map a way too difficult because my aim always sucked xP
B1rd

Tom94 wrote:

AR below 8 already does give a bonus. An increased one if hidden is being used. Since forever. :)
I know, but the bonus should be more and it should include ar8. Low AR will never be the meta or farmable but giving it a small boost would be nice. It might encourage people to play the thousands of AR8 maps there are.

Gigo wrote:

This.
Nyxa
So when are long HR maps gonna be weighted fairly? I have a 97% FC on Let This Go with HDHR which is a >2400 combo map worth 174pp, while Jamaican Love DT at 98.92% (which is like a minute long and the only "difficult" part is a single stream, the rest is just a bunch of triples and sliders) is worth 227pp. That seems like a pretty big gap to me, especially since Jamaican Love was a 2 try map that was absurdly easy (I didn't even think I'd get pp for it and it turned out to be my #5 play) while on Let This Go I'm ranked #16 global, which says for itself that it's not that easy to get a decent HDHR score on. It's just one of many examples where long HR maps are weighted kinda meh while short DT maps with one or maybe two spaced streams are weighted ridiculously high. Isn't there a way to bring some balance to this?
B1rd
SS is 310 pp. If you have good acc longer maps give a lot of pp. At higher levels at least most of the HR farm maps are long.

edit: I think that long maps + low OD or accuracy are underrated.
Xilver15

Tess wrote:

So when are long HR maps gonna be weighted fairly? I have a 97% FC on Let This Go with HDHR which is a >2400 combo map worth 174pp, while Jamaican Love DT at 98.92% (which is like a minute long and the only "difficult" part is a single stream, the rest is just a bunch of triples and sliders) is worth 227pp. That seems like a pretty big gap to me, especially since Jamaican Love was a 2 try map that was absurdly easy (I didn't even think I'd get pp for it and it turned out to be my #5 play) while on Let This Go I'm ranked #16 global, which says for itself that it's not that easy to get a decent HDHR score on. It's just one of many examples where long HR maps are weighted kinda meh while short DT maps with one or maybe two spaced streams are weighted ridiculously high. Isn't there a way to bring some balance to this?

I disagree, long HR maps are weighted a bit too much for high accuracy lol
DroidBass

Tess wrote:

The problem with HR / HD HR is that 95% values are shit if the map isn't a really crazy map meanwhile SS is ridicully high valued. The problem with ANY high OD map is the absurd distribution of pp meant in high accuracy. JUST see a map named Skrillex & The Doors - Breakn' a Sweat (Original Mix) that on 95% accuracy DT values less than 160 pp but as SS values ABSURD 280 pp ... YESSSSSS it's the same map!! Just so many circles and OD9.67.

Long maps with low OD aren't a real problem at all, sometimes the huge amount of circles at 99% is worth their pp if you are really consistent player it shouldn't be a worry if you're ranking 99% on a 700 of the same difficulty than a 1900 map alike. The REAL problem is the 5 stars OD8.4 HR plays, if you look at Hatsune Miku - Hiatus at HR, you will notice it's an highly chaotic map that is very under-rewarded same as IRON ATTACK! - Future is Undefined that has radical jumps and streams and it's not worth at more than 220's pp on SS at being harder than maps likely SMiLE.dk - Golden Sky that IS one of these free accuracy high OD ranks.

I'm seing that the main problem of this is that this algorythm isn't considering rightly the OD based on how difficult the patterns are and instead accuracy is completely independant of map's patterns complexity/level.
Saoji

Xilver wrote:

I disagree, long HR maps are weighted a bit too much for high accuracy lol
Considering your accuracy can hit 99% with hardrock... Cause for the same map with the same FC if you end up with 94% you might get nothing. So for a top player who is pretty constant it might sounds right but for an average player... The FC was already something by itself I think... But in any case it would probably give nothing :D Because you already Fced that Jamaican Love map that give more than 200 pp so for the system the score you just did with hr isn't worth that dt play.. :roll:

I mean Tess gave the perfect example about why so many maps are underated...it's because some other maps (DT maps) are overated. Something like this?
Yuudachi-kun
High accuracy Dragonforce HR should be worth a fuckton.
GhostFrog
Assuming that accuracy pp is handled the same way it used to be, your accuracy pp for a play is maximized at the maximum OD at which you could SS the map - in other words, if you were to play two maps that are completely identical aside from the OD, then given that both have OD values that are too high for you to achieve an SS, you'd get more pp from the lower OD map for the same exact play. The result is that people who can get SS or near SS on OD10 get a ton of pp from HR and people who get lower accuracy get unfairly little.
Yuudachi-kun
I wouldn't say unfair; od10 is hard to acc and having 99%+ with that should be well reqarded, no? If you can't acc then too bad?
GhostFrog

Kheldragar wrote:

I wouldn't say unfair; od10 is hard to acc and having 99%+ with that should be well reqarded, no? If you can't acc then too bad?
I said "unfairly little" and I was mostly talking about people who don't get 99% accuracy. If you can get for example 97% on a map with OD10, you would get more pp from the exact same play if the map had been OD9. In fact, your pp would keep increasing for the same exact play as you lowered the OD until you reached an OD at which you could SS the map, at which point your pp for the play would start decreasing.

So I do think that lower accuracy HR plays get an unfairly low amount of pp compared to what they deserve...and at the very least, they definitely get an unfairly low amount of pp compared to higher accuracy plays on lower OD.
DeletedUser_4329079
That would also explain why plays such as Gayzmcgee's hdhr fc on Forgotten give such a low pp reward
blahpy

Mahoganytooth wrote:

blahpy wrote:

assuming you can read.....
But reading is the whole reason EZ mod is difficult and should be worth more
I find AR10.3 much harder (impossible) than AR4 but there is no bonus for reading AR10.3, so I don't see why Easy should give any any more than the small bonus it already gives...
B1rd
You think Hvick could do Hoshizora DT if it were AR4? I don't think so. AR4 is harder than AR10.3.
Yuudachi-kun
The real question is ar11 vs ar 4.
-GN

B1rd wrote:

You think Hvick could do Hoshizora DT if it were AR4? I don't think so. AR4 is harder than AR10.3.
start talking in object density instead of approach rate. playing EZ on extra maps is not comparable to normal diffs.
B1rd

-GN wrote:

start talking in object density instead of approach rate. playing EZ on extra maps is not comparable to normal diffs.
Of course it's object density that is what's difficult, but it would be a lot simpler to implement a buff based on AR instead of object density, and it would pretty much have the same effect. Any serious player would move past the difficulties where there is a very low AR that gives an appropriate object density very quickly.
jesse1412
Can we separate aim/speed/acc yet? Fuq yo servers.
Yuudachi-kun

jesus1412 wrote:

Bring back tom points
jesse1412

Kheldragar wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

Bring back tom points
Delete puu.sh completely and put it to better use. Hard drives can compute pp right?
Vuelo Eluko
sure if they make some kind of rainbow table out of all possible aim/speed/acc pp variables
DroidBass

B1rd wrote:

That is why AR shouldn't be considered at all in pp. AR bonus should been only considered from +AR10.33 with notably high spaced patterns and consdering it for low AR HD plays. I can comment you that as +OD8 nomod player and as DT farmer DT player it's easier ranking high accuracy at high OD with higher AR than with AR9, ressulting that AR9 + OD9 is in general harder to accurate than AR9.67 + OD9 exceptly if you have messed up with the aim ... but making the last one easier to read because of less pattern density in the screen.

So from anywhere we talk about how AR10's is more difficult than AR9's or AR9's can be more tricky to play than AR10's at the same map it's just arbitrary. Higher AR forces player to act by impulse instead of waiting a little or fixing your tempo if you had a little misstake at aiming the circle.

Also the fact that makes HR harder than DT isn't the OD10 vs OD9.67/OD9 lol no, it's the circle size that sometimes is VERY underwarded. Just look at how strange/uncommon is seing low OD (7 or lower) cs=5 nomod maps on anyone's best performance againist free accuracy DT farming ... even these 5 stars HR at OD8.4 are very rare to see on best performance list of anyone.
Vuelo Eluko
AR should be considered because in all forms i believe the pp system should reward based on how many people can actually play a certain way effectively. there arent many people who can fc 7+ star maps so those plays should be worth 400+ pp, there aren't many people who can do AR4 extras so in the same manner, it should be worth a lot
Saoji

Riince wrote:

AR should be considered because in all forms i believe the pp system should reward based on how many people can actually play a certain way effectively. there arent many people who can fc 7+ star maps so those plays should be worth 400+ pp, there aren't many people who can do AR4 extras so in the same manner, it should be worth a lot
I'd rather say it should be based on the practice time it requires (estimated) insead but the main idea is here yes.
show more