forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
lenkki-rastas
Lost PP when improving accuracy on my 2 DT scores?
Yes, I know it's still recalculating but the amount that I improved was about 1,4% on both of those maps
Vuelo Eluko
more misses = less reward
if you fc'd but lost pp you probably lost it from the algorithm change and it just now updated.
pielak213
I think you overdid it Tom. This seems like it's worth too much https://osu.ppy.sh/b/335628?m=0

Hidden still overated, flashlight still underated
GoldenWolf

pielak wrote:

I think you overdid it Tom. This seems like it's worth too much https://osu.ppy.sh/b/335628?m=0
yo
silmarilen
someone go get 99.5% acc and break 500pp with an hd hr score pls
Novixion
Is the length scaling based on combo or drain time?

I noticed 4D got a huge buff but what about Kokou no Sousei and similar maps?
Vuelo Eluko

Novixion wrote:

# of circles.
jesse1412

Novixion wrote:

Their issue isn't map length, it's spacing bonuses for fast singles.
silmarilen

Riince wrote:

Novixion wrote:

# of circles.
# of hitobjects*
Nyxa

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overrated, >>>flashlight still underrated<<<
Whoever says that flashlight is easy if you know the map should shoot themselves.
It's the hardest mod in the game and deserves to be treated as such.
-GN
Who plays FL for pp anyway? It's so ball-bustingly hard to pull off anything above 250pp that it's not worth it in any case. FL is played for interesting scores, not to get points for it, since anyone who wanted the latter would find more effective ways to get it than playing a single map 200 times to get some high rank.

It could probably use a small buff, just to make the FL scores stand even taller compared to HD/nomod plays, but other than that I don't get the point, honestly.
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko

Ivan wrote:

this game would be more fun if you could rank up constantly, i feel that ppv2 is only for pros since u can only get god pp if ur a pro :P

Im hoping for more buffs in other mods to gain pp like doubletime :P way too stressful if u cant play anything
of course you need to be good to get ranks, how would it be fair if you could get there without being better or equal to the the "pro" people? That's just a ludicrous thing to complain about...

play more hr and use it on harder maps [maps too hard for dt] and you will get comparable PP to DT. If you couldn't, there wouldn't be HDHR players on the top 10... something else worth noting is freedom dive nomod gives more pp than every single sayo dt score
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko
its just a silly suggestion the whole reason ppv1 was removed was to get rid of farming so you couldn't just play all the maps and get ranks without setting impressive scores. It's a step backwards really.
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko
im not mad at you wtf :?
GoldenWolf

Ivan wrote:

i think ppv2 is just farming too
Tell me how ppv2 is at least equally farming based compared to ppv1.
ivan
x
XxPIELAK_FANxX

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overated, flashlight still underated
very true it would seem
Zare
I've got a question about aim pp/stars

How exactly does CS affect it?
let's assume we have a 200 BPM jump map that has a certain "base" aim difficulty defined by the speed and spacing of the jumps
Now we have CS4 on this map and we get the star rating 5.2 or something
What exactly in the calculation changes when we switch to CS5 or higher (e.g. HR) now?

As it seems now higher CS only gives a linear, minor boost to the base difficultym which woule explain why it is so underrated when it actually adds a lot to the difficulty
Drezi
As far as I know the whole map is scaled up so that CS becomes the same, and the distances get bigger. It's pretty fair imo, since you can do this on your own anyway - you can play with bigger hitcircles but bigger distances too by increasing your osu resolution.
NixXSkate
Whenever there's a pp update, there really needs to be a refresh in rankings. It's extremely annoying trying to aim for pp scores to get my rank back to where it was, then losing ranks when I get a high pp score.
Vuelo Eluko
play a map you havent played to easily set a new score and refresh your rank
personally i play a tv size [Easy] with nofail doubletime and wave my cursor around for 50 seconds and bam update
NixXSkate

Riince wrote:

play a map you havent played to easily set a new score and refresh your rank
personally i play a tv size [Easy] with nofail doubletime and wave my cursor around for 50 seconds and bam update
It doesn't work unless everyone's refreshed already.
silmarilen
afaik it does update, it just takes a couple of days because of the amount of people/scores it has to update
lenkki-rastas

Tess wrote:

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overrated, >>>flashlight still underrated<<<
Whoever says that flashlight is easy if you know the map should shoot themselves.
It's the hardest mod in the game and deserves to be treated as such.
ayy lmaoo
Avena

Drezi wrote:

As far as I know the whole map is scaled up so that CS becomes the same, and the distances get bigger. It's pretty fair imo, since you can do this on your own anyway - you can play with bigger hitcircles but bigger distances too by increasing your osu resolution.
No, it doesn't scale to it.. Resolution and Circle Size don't actually relate to each other.
I agree with Zare, I made a few CS5 jump maps and their star rating is absurdly low compared to the actual difficulty due to the circle size being underrated.
pielak213

Priti wrote:

I agree with Zare, I made a few CS5 jump maps and their star rating is absurdly low compared to the actual difficulty due to the circle size being underrated.
You're just not used to cs5. Every map that comes out these days are either cs4 or cs5. You're so accustomed to it that anything 5 or higher is small to you. After I learned to play cs6.5 I think the star rating is actually balanced. The difficulty is mostly from just keeping a full combo on a long map with small circles..
Topic Starter
Tom94

Priti wrote:

Drezi wrote:

No, it doesn't scale to it.. Resolution and Circle Size don't actually relate to each other.
Yes they do relate as long as you are not playing fullscreen and thus re-scaling resolutions which do not match your monitor back up.
pooptartsonas
It's true that resolution and circle size are related like that, but any incidental movement (eg shaky hands) has its effect amplified more the smaller the circle size is. Yes, increasing the tablet size solves this issue in theory, but one can only play with a tablet area so large, and most people play with roughly the largest area they feel comfortable playing with. And the reason people try to play with larger areas is just that; the larger the area, the less of an impact shakiness has. Thus, I think on the higher end (cs6/7+) the circle size really tends to get underrated.

The other thing I want to say regards the recent changes. The reason that longer maps should (and now do) have the scaling factor is because your chance to miss and the amount of time required to fc drastically increase as the map length increases. This is irrelevant if the map is a fairly routine full combo, causing long maps that are easy for the player to become overrated. This is not important in most cases, as a map that is a routine full combo for the player will not be worth a significant amount of pp to them anyway.

However, it causes problems in the extreme case (~2500+ combo). The scaling on long maps continues to increase, meaning that a player can gain a significant amount of pp from a map that they will practically never miss on, given that it is long enough. This is clearly seen in the world's end map that pielak referenced earlier. The pp awarded is pretty clearly too high. With that said, I think the changes worked wonders for anything in the 1000-1500 combo range. The bonus for map length simply needs to begin to taper off around 2k combo, and I think the algorithm will be in an excellent spot in terms of accounting for map length.
Vuelo Eluko

pooptartsonas wrote:

And the reason people try to play with larger areas is just that; the larger the area, the less of an impact shakiness has. Thus, I think on the higher end (cs6/7+) the circle size really tends to get underrated.
shakiness is almost completely irrelevant for mouse players though. once they snap their cursor goes dead still.
i say almost because obviously shaking can have some effect on the snap itself but a hovering tablet player will almost always shake either way, a mouse player depends on nervousness.

shakiness seems like a poor reason so buff high CS

pooptartsonas wrote:

However, it causes problems in the extreme case (~2500+ combo). The scaling on long maps continues to increase, meaning that a player can gain a significant amount of pp from a map that they will practically never miss on, given that it is long enough. This is clearly seen in the world's end map that pielak referenced earlier. The pp awarded is pretty clearly too high. With that said, I think the changes worked wonders for anything in the 1000-1500 combo range. The bonus for map length simply needs to begin to taper off around 2k combo, and I think the algorithm will be in an excellent spot in terms of accounting for map length.
fair point though, this should definitely be considered. even low acc fcs of that are giving well above 300 pp just wow
uzzi

Riince wrote:

shakiness is almost completely irrelevant for mouse players though. once they snap their cursor goes dead still.
i say almost because obviously shaking can have some effect on the snap itself but a hovering tablet player will almost always shake either way, a mouse player depends on nervousness.
Eh, mouse players have other things to worry about than nervousness.
Zare

my top scores

wat
Amianki
Your accuracy being lower in the non-DT scores doesn't exactly help anything.

You'd be surprised how much adding 1% to your score when your accuracy is that high can do to your pp.
Vuelo Eluko
lagomorph worth same pp as da nu nuttah lol
OD too stronk
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

OD too stronk
Da Nu Nuttah isn't hard, I find lagomorphic's jumps harder
Zare

CalignoBot wrote:

You'd be surprised how much adding 1% to your score when your accuracy is that high can do to your pp.
even with the same accuracy, those DT scores would give more pp than the Nomod scores, which is just stupid
GoldenWolf

Zare wrote:

CalignoBot wrote:

even with the same accuracy, those DT scores would give more pp than the Nomod scores, which is just stupid
You're undervaluing accuracy/overvaluing the difficulty of these maps imo
Honestly they're all (this top 5) about the same difficulty
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Riince wrote:

OD too stronk
Da Nu Nuttah isn't hard, I find lagomorphic's jumps harder
well i find da nu nuttah harder and thats just my opinion
my score on both, the star diff, and even the scoreboards themselves seem to agree
show more