forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Squid

K_N wrote:

Recalculate points pls.

After update i had 4800pp (4351-->4800)
Then i pass one map and i lost 639 pp (4800-->4361)
as if I have gained points to the old pps(4351+10)

Something is wrong :/
Same thing happened to me, but remember that

Tom94 wrote:

...your pp and rank will be fluctuating a bit in the next ~48 hours. Please be patient until the re-calculation is done and be easy on me with your complaints. :P
Yarissa
Are the updates mostly done now? And do you have a changelog of what you've been doing with pp (Nvm checked official changelog). Or are you waiting to make stuff like that public until the algorithm goes public?
Wishy
pp got recalculated, your post = qq.
Squid
Revert to boosted values pls
Myke B
lol
Mathsma
I was top 500 for a few hours :> then I went back to my old pp value - 3 :<
buny
[qq]i'm lower than the initial pp i started with[/qq]
Myke B
Increase pp-value of scores which excel in one category
Was it already said what that one category was, and if not, can you tell us what it is Tom?
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Was it already said what that one category was, and if not, can you tell us what it is Tom?
If you actually read before...

Almost wrote:

tastystew wrote:

wait what i just gained 190pp what happened

what does the recent change to pp actually mean?
" Performance: [Tom94] Increase pp-value of scores which excel in one category."
It means if the song is difficult to aim or accuracy or requires a great deal of speed but not difficult in the other categories, then it'll give more pp.
It's the same categories as in tp.
Mathsma

Myke B wrote:

Increase pp-value of scores which excel in one category
I think it means that if a score has 2 low value tiers and 1 really high tier that it will be weighted more than it was before. e.g. a map with 200 aim, 20 speed, 20 accuracy was weighted 240 before, now its worth 280, but its just a guess.
happy420
Is this still half fixed?
Because Yesterday I went from 560ish>615 and my friend went from 660ish>804, And now I'm back at 551 and my friend is still at 804?
-Soba-

buny wrote:

[qq]i'm lower than the initial pp i started with[/qq]
Topic Starter
Tom94

Takuji wrote:

Because Yesterday I went from 560ish>615 and my friend went from 660ish>804, And now I'm back at 551 and my friend is still at 804?
Get your friend to make some new high-scores on any map. That should trigger an immediate re-calculation of his pp. If his rank doesn't go back up a while after that, then he will most likely stay at 804.
happy420

Tom94 wrote:

Takuji wrote:

Get your friend to make some new high-scores on any map. That should trigger an immediate re-calculation of his pp. If his rank doesn't go back up a while after that, then he will most likely stay at 804.
Ah okay, thanks for the fast responser :3
encryptik
I was just curious (sorry if this has already been answered) how is BPM factored into the PP calculation?

I've just noticed a very easy, high BPM song (in comparison to my other scores) has risen to my top performance (DT + Hard, A rank) rather than some of the more difficult insanes I've FCed. Maybe it's just an outlier, but I haven't seen this happen before.
Bakano
umm.. what?

-46pp for getting #60 in a hard song? what.

can someone please explain to me how this shit even happens
p.s. that was my first play on the map
Gigo
Pls read the last few pages of this thread! Everything is explained there.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

If you actually read before...
No I didn't hence the "not sure if it was already said" because who the fuck would want to read that deep into a giant QQ fest. her der
Spyrunite
Are you not able to get PP for qualified maps? I know that you were able in the old system and weren't in TP. I seem to not be getting PP from maps that are qualified and not "ranked" yet. If the PP isn't going through the qualified maps will I get the PP for the score once the map becomes ranked?
Cygnus
With this kind of skill measurement, I'm afraid something needs to be done with the score multiplier as well.

Score multipliers (mods) became pointless ever since ppv2 started - this is because HR weighs bigger than FL and HD now. The thing is, will score ranking even matter now? Why not based the scoreboard with the highest pp earned instead? Or why not tweak the score multiplier of every mod to it's fitting value?
laref
I saw this question some days ago, but don't remember it being answered.

Does the no-fail do anything to the pp you can gain? say you do 98% or something with nf, would there be any difference between the pp gained from that and a score without mod?
Topic Starter
Tom94

ntaig wrote:

I saw this question some days ago, but don't remember it being answered.

Does the no-fail do anything to the pp you can gain? say you do 98% or something with nf, would there be any difference between the pp gained from that and a score without mod?
NoFail gives 10% less pp than without.
pooptartsonas
When these most recent pp changes (the one that weights scores that excel in one category higher) kicked in and many people went up like 500pp, my top ranks changed and seemed to reflect these changes. Two of my scores in particular that are really high in one category moved way up. The pp reverted, as well as my top ranks, and I've gained pp since then through scores so I can't tell if I gained any after the revert due to the change.

So, Tom, did you accidentally weigh these scores that excel in one category much higher than you had intended at first and then fixed the number? Or are calculations still going on behind the scene? I'm confused.
JappyBabes

pooptartsonas wrote:

When these most recent pp changes (the one that weights scores that excel in one category higher) kicked in and many people went up like 500pp, my top ranks changed and seemed to reflect these changes. Two of my scores in particular that are really high in one category moved way up. The pp reverted, as well as my top ranks, and I've gained pp since then through scores so I can't tell if I gained any after the revert due to the change.

So, Tom, did you accidentally weigh these scores that excel in one category much higher than you had intended at first and then fixed the number? Or are calculations still going on behind the scene? I'm confused.
Before that change got reverted my best performances list looked way more accurate than how it was before/now. .-.
pooptartsonas
Yeah, I kinda felt like that too. It seemed like a nice balance between the tp system of 3 separate categories and the pp system of all-around scores.
Squid

JappyBabes wrote:

Before that change got reverted my best performances list looked way more accurate than how it was before/now. .-.
MSTRSPRK
I took a break for about 4-5 days and today I came back to play and updated my rank. My pp dropped from 1950 to 1859. Does anyone know why my pp dropped? I didn't know that was possible for pp to decay especially since I've only been inactive for a few days. If it was a re-weighting of the maps then I would understand but it seems that none of my friend's pp were affected. Does anyone know what's going on? Usually it's just my ranking that fluctuates but my pp remains untouched.
Kayla
re-weighting probably
High End
Why doesn't it make ppv2 into the same calculation method as tp?

Because pp of 3 section (aim, speed, acc) sum total of other musical scores is high although Legendre has the skill to take Acc99.76% of accuracy by HDHR of RedGoose [Another], the capability to take accuracy is not correctly reflected in ppv2ranking.

This is being able to say not only to him but to all the players.

I wish, ppv2 becomes the same calculation method as tp.
Because ppv2 of now cannot say it as the ranking which expresses the skill of a player correctly.
buny

Gray Pigeon wrote:

Because pp of 3 section (aim, speed, acc) sum total of other musical scores is high although Legendre has the skill to take Acc99.76% of accuracy by HDHR of RedGoose [Another], the capability to take accuracy is not correctly reflected in ppv2ranking.

Because ppv2 of now cannot say it as the ranking which expresses the skill of a player correctly.
ppv2 is pretty much tp...
Yano

Gray Pigeon wrote:

ppv2 is tp without the Rank 50 Limitation... and also Tom94 made it
High End
ppv2 calculates PP which 3 sections (aim,speed,acc) of musical scores totaled in high order.

tp calculates PP after making 3 sections (aim,speed,acc) of a musical score into separately high order.

Therefore, although tp and ppv2 are alike, it is not completely the same.

Even if tp carries out rank in to the 10000th place and it will be reflected, a result differs from ppv2.
Thisabel
Today i beat my score on SENTIVE - Saigo ni Kimi ga Ita with HD. My rank increased from rank around 220 to 88. But at the same time I lost pp and therefore ranks.
Does anyone has an explanation for this?
Zitan

Thisabel wrote:

Today i beat my score on SENTIVE - Saigo ni Kimi ga Ita with HD. My rank increased from rank around 220 to 88. But at the same time I lost pp and therefore ranks.
your acc was probably worst in the HD play there for you get a new score but takes off your pp because its HD
Horolynn

snosey wrote:

Thisabel wrote:

your acc was probably worst in the HD play there for you get a new score but takes off your pp because its HD
Translation: Your second play, the one that was "better", was actually worse performance wise, so you lost points because you overwrote your other score.
If you'd take 5 minutes to look through this thread you'd figure it out yourself, this question shows up every 2 or 3 pages.
Icyteru

Gray Pigeon wrote:

ppv2 calculates PP which 3 sections (aim,speed,acc) of musical scores totaled in high order.

tp calculates PP after making 3 sections (aim,speed,acc) of a musical score into separately high order.

Even if tp carries out rank in to the 10000th place and it will be reflected, a result differs from ppv2.
I don't think many people realise this. But if this isn't true, then the system/my top ranks/other people's top ranks won't make sense. So I'll just agree with this.
buny

Gray Pigeon wrote:

sorry, i'm just going to be out with this - your english is terrible and I can't understand what you're trying to point out.
Topic Starter
Tom94

Gray Pigeon wrote:

Apart from the fact, that in pp the 3 sections are not just totaled, this is true. The reason why it's not exactly like tp is, because I feel it's just as wrong to only look at single aspects of scores in isolation as it is to look at a totaled value only. Scores which demand skill in all 3 categories should also be rewarded.

Currently the pp a score is worth is computed by the following formula: (aim^X + speed^X + acc^X)^(1/X)
Where X at the moment is 1.1 and will likely rise a bit in the future.
High End

Tom94 wrote:

Apart from the fact, that in pp the 3 sections are not just totaled, this is true. The reason why it's not exactly like tp is, because I feel it's just as wrong to only look at single aspects of scores in isolation as it is to look at a totaled value only. Scores which demand skill in all 3 categories should also be rewarded.

Currently the pp a score is worth is computed by the following formula: (aim^X + speed^X + acc^X)^(1/X)
Where X at the moment is 1.1 and will likely rise a bit in the future.
Thank you for the answer, and I am sorry that I am poor at English.

I wanted to know why the calculation method was changed by ppv2 and tp.

If Tom thinks that player skill is exact by the calculation method, I will say nothing.
but, I think that the player which specialized in one skill is pitiful.
I wish, Increase more pp-value of scores which excel in one category.
el-ev-en
What's happening about rank sorting? Rank for perfomance toplist and rank for user's page have very strange relation.
show more