forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
thelewa

dedaloodak wrote:

4k# >> 12k#
gg peppy and crew -.-
#2 -> #4 as you can see 4 is double the amount of 2 meaning that at a percentual level my rank dropped almost as much as yours did

GG NO RE THIS SYSTEM IS DOOMED

on a more serious note people who are complaining about their rank dropping should consider the possibility that there might be players better than them getting better scores than what they're getting

just saying that it is an almost certain possibility
Kinji
what i dun get is, how does player which has worse scores than me, performance is also not as good( not to brag), but have higher pp than me...
Rewben2

Kinji wrote:

what i dun get is, how does player which has worse scores than me, performance is also not as good( not to brag), but have higher pp than me...
Example? The system calculates their scores are worth more.
darkmiz

Kinji wrote:

check their best performance scores, and beat them because you think you're better. free pp
thelewa

Kinji wrote:

instead of asking about it you should provide names and examples of the scores

I also think that I should be #1 but because I'm not this system is bad
Kinji
click on my userpage, and this userpage. http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2621067, i have been 'stalking' his userpage to compare scores, and get btr, but my pp is always lower than him....
plaatinum

Kinji wrote:

click on my userpage, and this userpage. http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2621067, i have been 'stalking' his userpage to compare scores, and get btr, but my pp is always lower than him....
You have to get a better score than him on these maps.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/226839?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/169450?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/252000?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136400?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/169090?m=0
Kinji

Plaatinum wrote:

You have to get a better score than him on these maps.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/226839?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/169450?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/252000?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136400?m=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/169090?m=0
so basically i get btr score in this few maps, my pp will increase to the same as him? and how do i know that I have a btr score in that song than him? Thank you very much for answering my question. :D
AmaiHachimitsu
Just don't think "better score" means "being higher in scoreboard" only in this case. You need to use the same mods (or add some) and get better accuracy.

i.e. Your score won't be "better" if you beat DT score with FL
buny
also less misses
Lach
This guy also has 5k more playcount than you, Kinji, and probably has numerous other scores that obviously didn't make it into the list, but are of similar value.
Kinji
I see....thank you all for your comments, hardcore osu now xD
Wishy
I've seen how the system actually appreciates good scores with a random dumb miss (a few of my top performances are like that), therefore I can assume the system doesn't punish not-FCing that much. Now, the question, what would happen if you manage to clear something impossible, let's say you clear Airman on DT with a B, how much would that be worth? I mean that certainly requires an insane amount of skill and is probably harder than getting some random few misses score on the same map without any mod.

I know Airman is not a very good example because of low drain, but the point is quite clear.
buny

Tom94 wrote:

Misses are penalized very strongly if you have more than just a few. Your combo relative to the maximum possible combo also plays a huge role. But you can indeed get a huge amount of pp for lower scores. A prime example would be jesus1412's C score on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/124501?m=0 . It is a 86% 500 combo with DoubleTime in case you are curious. That's an insane score on such a map, you are free to look at Auto-mode play it with DoubleTime.

SS does not have a huge bonus by itself, but due to the high accuracy required to get one (100% is quite high, eh? :p) it indirectly is worth a lot.

Accuracy is still very relevant, however not as much as in ppv1 anymore.
Wishy
Thanks. So the more misses you get the harsher it gets (1 miss takes x pp, 2 misses takes 3x pp, 3 misses take 8x pp, etc) and the closer your maximum combo is to the maximum map's combo the better.

Damn I was hoping to fill my top performances with Cs.
buny
technically you can, but the amount of speed and aim that is needed to carry the overall pp anchored by the accuracy factor is probably either on par or higher than rrtyui

since pp uses only the end results, perhaps tom could make a program that can calculate pp gained from arbitrary input values
Symqn
19k>40k yea i guess kinda pp farm when i think about it after i raged about the drop this system is good only needs to fix bugs and real time update's.I have a suggestion it would be cool to be somewhere written how much pp and acc you gain or lose for a song,lets say under historical tab there would be
<song name> +9pp +0,03 acc or +2pp -0,01 acc.
Kytoxid
It would be neat if we had a way to submit a pending map to the difficulty calculator and get a difficulty value/set of values.

1) It'll allow the players to provide more accurate feedback in fine-tuning the weightings of components of the calculator, and
2) It provides a slightly more objective measure of difficulty to discuss creating an even spread of difficulties, or if a Normal is "too hard", prior to ranking.
HeShu
Since I got a 2200# in my top ranking, can we say that the "top 900 to be ranked" is over and we just need to perform the best we can ? That would be a huge relief for the new insaners :D
BerserQ
I wasted so much time on this game and I play so much time.. From 6k rank I'm already 18k rank. Guys I hope that ppv2 will change algorithm
Horolynn

BerserQ wrote:

I wasted so much time on this game and I play so much time.. From 6k rank I'm already 18k rank. Guys I hope that ppv2 will change algorithm
You wasted time farming hards and got what you deserved. Sounds pretty good.
kurufu

buny wrote:

technically you can, but the amount of speed and aim that is needed to carry the overall pp anchored by the accuracy factor is probably either on par or higher than rrtyui

since pp uses only the end results, perhaps tom could make a program that can calculate pp gained from arbitrary input values
it is still very possible to still get pp from C ranks. In my user profile you can see a map that i got a C on is one of my top scores (and I'm rank 9k) because its just that difficult.
buny
well, I was speaking relatively to wishy's scores
Aqo
:lol: some food for thought

unlike accuracy plays where you retry a map until you get good accuracy on that map, for speed plays you usually train externally. whether it's on streamy maps like ascension to heaven that you like to play or those stream practice maps that many people uploaded, and whether it's spending a month playing with HR or simply playing a lot of jumpy maps -

in the end, when you get that "1 random play that went into my top performance. wtf. I didn't work hard for it", you did work for it and for quite some time. it's not a play you were capable of doing from your first day of playing osu, and it's not a play that the people you suddenly pass with this rank can do even if they retry it 20 times.

getting rewarded for single tries on a map doesn't mean the map is too easy and doesn't deserve its points and something-p being broken, it just means you are good enough to collect the points this map gives. If you still think a map is imbalanced in the system, call all your friends to try it too.

don't forget that each player has different strengths. a player practicing only streams all day might FC a deathstream maps and then go and say "wtf, this isn't hard took me like 2-3 tries, meanwhile pudding is crazy hard for me and doesn't give much more".
and then another player who spends most of his time on playing jumpy maps literally all day long might eventually get some high combo on a difficult jump map and go "huh, I'm getting points from this random shitty play, but this stream map is completely impossible for me even after many tries and doesn't seem to give as much points wtf?", but in the end you're just getting rewarded for what you're good at.

try to put things into perspective before writing suggestions for this system, maybe ask several other people to play the same maps as you and see how they do on them. you might be surprised at how difficult some things are to other people that look super easy to you, and how stuff you feel is impossible other people can accomplish quickly and relatively effortlessly.
Liiraye

Aqo wrote:

:lol: some food for thought

unlike accuracy plays where you retry a map until you get good accuracy on that map, for speed plays you usually train externally. whether it's on streamy maps like ascension to heaven that you like to play or those stream practice maps that many people uploaded, and whether it's spending a month playing with HR or simply playing a lot of jumpy maps -

in the end, when you get that "1 random play that went into my top performance. wtf. I didn't work hard for it", you did work for it and for quite some time. it's not a play you were capable of doing from your first day of playing osu, and it's not a play that the people you suddenly pass with this rank can do even if they retry it 20 times.

getting rewarded for single tries on a map doesn't mean the map is too easy and doesn't deserve its points and something-p being broken, it just means you are good enough to collect the points this map gives. If you still think a map is imbalanced in the system, call all your friends to try it too.

don't forget that each player has different strengths. a player practicing only streams all day might FC a deathstream maps and then go and say "wtf, this isn't hard took me like 2-3 tries, meanwhile pudding is crazy hard for me and doesn't give much more".
and then another player who spends most of his time on playing jumpy maps literally all day long might eventually get some high combo on a difficult jump map and go "huh, I'm getting points from this random shitty play, but this stream map is completely impossible for me even after many tries and doesn't seem to give as much points wtf?", but in the end you're just getting rewarded for what you're good at.

try to put things into perspective before writing suggestions for this system, maybe ask several other people to play the same maps as you and see how they do on them. you might be surprised at how difficult some things are to other people that look super easy to you, and how stuff you feel is impossible other people can accomplish quickly and relatively effortlessly.

On the other hand, I gave him 3~ TV Sizes and two average lenghty maps for hr (both of which gave the least pp) and he went from rank 700 to 600 in about an hour.

On these issues I feel conflicted. Sometimes it feels like I've found a plausable theory as to how the system works and then this tags along, destroying my theory about bpm, speed, lenght and difficulty.
Wishy
I guess high BPM 1/2 maps still are not being properly judged by the system. This happened on osu!tp too.
buny

Wishy wrote:

I guess high BPM 1/2 maps still are not being properly judged by the system. This happened on osu!tp too.
ah yeah, that's why
[Tums]
I wish that there was not only a list of your best performences, but also one for your worst. That way you aren't taken down in rank by plays that are months old that you forgot about, instead of just taking a shot at a play that looks bad, that may not be considered bad at all. (also got a new best performance ang gained 0pp. I'll just assume its a bug)
Almost

[Tums] wrote:

I wish that there was not only a list of your best performences, but also one for your worst. That way you aren't taken down in rank by plays that are months old that you forgot about, instead of just taking a shot at a play that looks bad, that may not be considered bad at all. (also got a new best performance ang gained 0pp. I'll just assume its a bug)
You don't lose pp for a bad play unless you just did a worse play that had higher score.
Akari-

Kytoxid wrote:

It would be neat if we had a way to submit a pending map to the difficulty calculator and get a difficulty value/set of values.

1) It'll allow the players to provide more accurate feedback in fine-tuning the weightings of components of the calculator, and
2) It provides a slightly more objective measure of difficulty to discuss creating an even spread of difficulties, or if a Normal is "too hard", prior to ranking.
t/164057

you can

the algorithm may have changed since this was 3 months ago, but if you get this set up and press ctrl shift A in map edit, it gives you a set of values which you can convert to tp for both aim and speed

OT: new pp is amazing, only tweak i would suggest is making FL's aim bonus scale with map length instead of being a flat bonus (i don't even like FL players but this only seems fair)
Kinji
well, the most unexpected thing in this new ppv2 system is that its algorithm is totally different than osu!tp....look at my profile to see the difference between my tp and pp TT^TT
Mayoi Hachikuji
Mine shows a completely different picture.. All my Top TP scores = Top PP exacly!

Even my ranks on both systems are close to each other.
Horolynn

Kinji wrote:

well, the most unexpected thing in this new ppv2 system is that its algorithm is totally different than osu!tp....look at my profile to see the difference between my tp and pp TT^TT
It was never supposed to be tp, peppy bringing Tom into this is something we had no idea about. Where did you get the idea that ppv2 was going to be identical, or even similar to tp?
Kinji

Draxuss wrote:

It was never supposed to be tp, peppy bringing Tom into this is something we had no idea about. Where did you get the idea that ppv2 was going to be identical, or even similar to tp?
Well, because when peppy says that ppv2 is going to measure the player skills, and unable to farm easily, I thought it should be something like the tp system, since it measures the speed, aim and accuracy of the player....which is closest to measuring a player skills....
Topic Starter
Tom94

Akari- wrote:

Kytoxid wrote:

[...] only tweak i would suggest is making FL's aim bonus scale with map length instead of being a flat bonus (i don't even like FL players but this only seems fair)
pp already scales with map length and thus a flat multiplier on your aim points indirectly has map length scaling inside it, too.
[UsaMi] Reisen
I got None S on Tsukasa - Accelerator [Maximum]. It was my 5th Best Perfomance List.

and I got Hidden S on that beatmap today. but It deleted my Best Perfomance List.

What's going on?
Topic Starter
Tom94

[UsaMi] Reisen wrote:

I got None S on Tsukasa - Accelerator [Maximum]. It was my 5th Best Perfomance List.

and I got Hidden S on that beatmap today. but It deleted my Best Perfomance List.

What's going on?
Your accuracy went worse.
Pastella
Well, at the first look the ppv2 made a really good impression for me.. But at the second look.. Kaykay, it's basically based on skill and stuff. Perfect so far. But... Everytime I reach a highscore on any map, including mods and stuff, my pp just DROPS down. My accuracy never is worse than 98,5%.

Playing new insane maps w/ DT and HD (rank #6) - my pp drops.
Playing new hard maps WITHOUT any mods - nothing happens.

Are you serious?.. I don't have any pleasure to play Osu! anymore, just because I feel tricked with this new system..
Even some friends of me who actually are much worse than me overtake my rank.

Conclusion: Are you serious dude? ;_;
Topic Starter
Tom94

Nyzashi wrote:

Well, at the first look the ppv2 made a really good impression for me.. But at the second look.. Kaykay, it's basically based on skill and stuff. Perfect so far. But... Everytime I reach a highscore on any map, including mods and stuff, my pp just DROPS down. My accuracy never is worse than 98,5%.

Playing new insane maps w/ DT and HD (rank #6) - my pp drops.
Playing new hard maps WITHOUT any mods - nothing happens.

Are you serious?.. I don't have any pleasure to play Osu! anymore, just because I feel tricked with this new system..
Even some friends of me who actually are much worse than me overtake my rank.

Conclusion: Are you serious dude? ;_;
Your pp literally can not drop unless you're beating old scores of yourself with scores that pp considers worse. Which rank you get on a specific map is irrelevant - the system only looks at the quality of your score and the map.
Pastella

Tom94 wrote:

Your pp literally can not drop unless you're beating old scores of yourself with scores that pp considers worse. Which rank you get on a specific map is irrelevant - the system only looks at the quality of your score and the map.
Mkay.. Anyways. It doesn't make sense at all. It happens to me at EVERY map. I was also beating some old scores. My pp just drops down more and more. And i've just no loss anymore. I won't even try to top old scores, or download new beatmaps. Because i don't want my pp to be too scrappy e.e
show more